Subject: 2007 upcoming merchandise [potential SPOILERS]

Posted on: December 20 2006 @ 04:27 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

The following list was culled from www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk and contains a few general spoilers for series three. These are hidden with white text amongst the asterix(es).

* - ***Judoon Commander Voice Changer Helmet***

* - ***RC 12" Deco Dalek***

* - 12" Clockwork Droid 

* - ***12" Judoon Trooper***

* - 12" Martha Jones

* - 12" Novice Hame Female Cat Nun

* - 12" Ood 

* - 5" Doomsday Box Set 

* - 5" Auton Double Pack 

* - 5" Captain Jack & Empty Child 

* - 5" Clockwork Man A

* - 5" Clockwork Man B

* - ***5" Deco Daleks 1930's Gift Pack***

* - 5" Face of Boe

* - 5" Genesis Ark Box Set 

* - 5" Gold Dalek & Mutant Reveal 

* - 5" Martha Jones

* - 5" Mickey & Rusty K9

* - 5" New Werewolf

* - 5" Ood

* - 5" Rose & Robot Spiders Figures 

* - 5" Slitheen & Space Pig 

Replies:

2007 upcoming merchandise [potential SPOILERS]

Posted on: January 16 2007 @ 06:09 PM

Content:

12" Doctor in Space Suit (seen on Ebay)

Posted on: January 30 2007 @ 07:51 PM
By: seanhuxter

Content:

Man, I have NO idea how I'm going to keep up!

I just bought the Cyberleader, and the new Sonic Screwdriver (with improved color and crackling on the barrel.)

Now I see the Doctor in Space Suit, and they have OOD available!

Sigh... gonna be digging deep into my pockets this year!

Sean.

Posted on: January 30 2007 @ 08:36 PM

Content:

I'm still looking for a 12" Cybercontroller... Frown

Posted on: February 12 2007 @ 03:21 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= seanhuxter] Now I see the Doctor in Space Suit, and they have OOD available![/QUOTE]
WhoNA has got these today...

Posted on: February 23 2007 @ 07:08 PM

Content:

Just ordered the 1/4 scale R/C K-9 from WhoNA. Smile

Posted on: February 27 2007 @ 04:46 PM
By: Tardis-Knight

Content:

I was walking through Woolworths today (and I'm not making that up - it's a short cut back to my work), and somewhat to my surprise, they had ALL the new 07 double packs (Slitheen & Space Pig, Jack & Child, Auton's and Dalek Mutant). All at £6.99. Very happy.

Posted on: February 27 2007 @ 05:46 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Tardis-Knight] I was walking through Woolworths today (and I'm not making that up - it's a short cut back to my work), and somewhat to my surprise, they had ALL the new 07 double packs (Slitheen & Space Pig, Jack & Child, Auton's and Dalek Mutant). All at £6.99. Very happy. [/QUOTE]
I've already got those from WhoNA last week as well...

Posted on: February 27 2007 @ 07:57 PM

Content:

AARGH! I missed the dual pack Autons by a couple of hours! They had 20 or so at lunch time, I get home after work and go on to order, and they're gone!

But my order came today, so now I have the Mutant-Reveal Dalek, both Clockwork Men, Slitheen and Space Pig, Cap'n Jack and Empty Child, and the threepack with the Black Dalek, Cyberman and Doctor.

I have a bit of a comment, though.

Where are the female characters?

We have Rose, and Rose, and... that's it.

Why not Jackie? Why not Harriet Jones? Rennette? Heck, even a Clockwork Woman? Zooti?

They really are not producing any of the cool female characters we've seen this season!!

Sean.

Posted on: February 28 2007 @ 01:51 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= seanhuxter]

Where are the female characters?[/QUOTE]
Well, only one word: demographics... Evil

Posted on: February 28 2007 @ 09:20 AM
By: actorguy

Content:

I recently got the Auton two-pack, slitheen/pig, and clockwork droid. And I finally got a TARDIS bank. Now I have an extra Slitheen since I already had the one by itself. I also still have an extra Sycorax leader. I saw that went on eBay recently for $84! Doesn't appear to be many US sources selling these figures on eBay - I'll have to think about auctioning off my extras to finance the purchase of more new ones!

This is getting worse than my Gilbert & Sullivan phase! That ended with about 80 recordings, 35 videos and dvds and about two dozen reference books!

Pat

Posted on: February 28 2007 @ 01:43 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= seanhuxter]

Where are the female characters?

We have Rose, and Rose, and... that's it.

[/QUOTE]

Thats true - and not only do we just have Rose - but (with one set or another) I personally have got FOUR of her! She's clearly a big hit and they're milking her for all she's worth.

I checked in Woolworths again, they've still got Jack & Child, and Mutant Daleks, but they're out of Auton's and Space Pigs! Oh, & they've got about 6 packs of (you guessed it) Rose with Spiders!!

I don't know where I got it from (I think it was Forbidden Planet) but I was sure that none of these were out til 14/3/07. Same thing/date with The Empress (which arrived a good couple of weeks ago from BBC Online). And I got the Jack/Child pack months ago on Ebay.

Posted on: March 01 2007 @ 04:05 AM
By: psibob

Content:

[QUOTE BY= seanhuxter] AARGH! I missed the dual pack Autons by a couple of hours! They had 20 or so at lunch time, I get home after work and go on to order, and they're gone!
[/QUOTE]

I don't know if are aware of this but there are twin Auton packs still available at DoctorWhoStore.com. They are a bit more expensive, but maybe worth checking out.

psibob

Posted on: March 02 2007 @ 04:56 PM

Content:

Both St Albans and Borehamwood Woolworths (the stores most local to me) are totally out of all the double packs with the exception of Spiders & Roses. I'll be interested to see what Forbidden Planet have in their flagship store....

Posted on: March 08 2007 @ 09:38 PM

Content:

Woot! It only gets better and better! I got my two OOD in the mail today!

Nice outfits. Very Doctor No, actually. And the translator orbs are MAGNETIC! They stick to the hand magnetically, which works VERY well!

Nice boots, nice outfit, great head sculpt. This one's quite nice!

And I got a second Doctor in Space Suit, which I can't recommend highly enough, it's amazing, despite the Doctor's face sculpt which looks a little deer-in-the-headlights for my taste, but otherwise an excellent figure.

Sean.

Posted on: May 26 2007 @ 04:31 AM

Content:

The new (and re-release) 5" figures are starting to turn up now. They've been on Ebay for a while, but actual Sci-Fi/toy suppliers have them too.

I got a couple of Assault Daleks this morning, very nice; although I'm seriously having to juggle stuff about on my shelves, they're just full.......

I've got to say Mickey really isn't a great figure - the likeness isn't fantastic, and personally I was never never over-keen on the character anyway. The gun he's got is just too big to hold, it keeps making him topple over. I've given up and just placed it flat across his arms (sort of flat-dobro style, if that makes sense). I suspect he'll appeal though, and his common availability on the UK high street will ultimately prove comparable to Rose or the Cybermen (that are just everywhere). Likewise, for whatever reason in reverse polarity, I've still only ever seen the 5" Ood in one actual shop (and I travel a lot, and I'm physically incapable of walking past a new Woolworths or a toyshop to see what they've got).

Sec is cool, but in terms of difference, he's really nothing more than a nice easy marketing ploy, with a simple, tiny, blue sticker (that's also on the Assault range) to distinguish him.

It's probably really selfish of me, but I'm a bit diasappointed that the figures that were the rare ones (Moxx & Chip) are out afresh again. I liked having those things that seemed even more collectable than your Roses or your CyberMen. Bah humbug Twisted Evil Smile Big Grin I'm clearly just a miserable old git. I'm sure Sycorax will be out again soon to complete the collection of now really hard to find characters being re-released.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming 12" new guys, it'll be good because the Doctor definitely needs a friendly companion for that range....

Posted on: June 02 2007 @ 02:27 PM
By: geekweekFL

Content:

i just found a website that has a plethora of new figure news and pics. i just thought you all would like to go check it out

http://www.doctorwhotoys.net

cheers
west

Posted on: June 05 2007 @ 03:10 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= geekweekFL] i just found a website that has a plethora of new figure news and pics. i just thought you all would like to go check it out

http://www.doctorwhotoys.net

cheers
west [/QUOTE]

Cheers for that West, there's stuff on there that I've not yet seen pictures of.

I didnt know there were plans for Manlek/DalSapien voice changer - it's got to be about the scariest/ugliest toy ever; Character Options reckon it'll be one of the biggest sellers!!

Nice way to make someone buy something they've already got - a big gun!!

Posted on: July 18 2007 @ 05:13 PM

Content:

2007 5" figure line release update

Rose Tyler w/ 2 Robot Spiders (reissue) - Series 1
Slitheen & The Space Pig (reissue) - Series 1
Captain Jack & The Empty Child (reissue) - Series 1
Dalek w/ Mutant Reveal - Series 1
Auton Twin Pack - Series 1
Moxx Of Balhoon (reissue) - Series 1
Assault Dalek - Series 1
Gelth Zombie - Series 1
Dr. Constantine - Series 1
Cyberman w/ Gun Arm (reissue) - Series 2
Grey Krillitane (reissue) - Series 2
The Ood - Series 2
Clockwork Man (Blue) - Series 2
Clockwork Man (Black) - Series 2
Werewolf (reissue) - Series 2
Mickey Smith - Series 2
Rose Tyler & Chip - Series 2
Black Dalek Sec - Series 2
Spacesuit Doctor - Series 2
The Doctor (Blue Suit) - Series 3
The Doctor w/ Glasses - Series 3
The Doctor w/ 3D Glasses - Series 3
Martha Jones - Series 3
Judoon Captain - Series 3
Judoon Trooper - Series 3
Lilith - Series 3
Dalek Thay - Series 3
Novice Hame - Series 3
Dalek Sec Hybrid - Series 3
Pig Slave - Series 3
The Face Of Boe - Deluxe
The Empress Of The Racnoss - Deluxe
Brannigan - Series 3
Scarecrow (Brown Tie) - Series 3
Scarecrow (Green?Grey Tie) - Series 3

Posted on: July 18 2007 @ 06:09 PM

Content:

The first batch of new figures has started to hit the (UK) shops now. They're also on Ebay for not too far over the odds. From what I can tell, there are 6 new releases already out. I picked them up from Sci-Fi Collector's stall at Star Wars Celebration Europe (so if you're in London and can get to The Strand, they might still have a few)

The Doctor in Spacesuit figure is simply fantastic. It's a wicked edition to the collection. Detail is superb, as are the extras.

The Martha figure doesnt look as bad in real life as it does in the pictures I've seen. The figure is of a cute young woman, it just doesnt particularly look like Martha. It's nice there finally is a Martha, after they milked Rose for everything she was worth; I've still got 4 Roses' (and thats despite fact I gave a couple away).

Thay is an easy hit for manufacturers, he (assuming you call a Dalek a he) has simply got a slightly different couple of (plain) panels on the back - not a terribly exciting addition.

Lilith is very good - but she doesnt stand up!! I've had to lean her against the wall. Nice figure with good detail.

The Judoon Captain and Troopers are excellent. They're highly detailed and they look pure evil. Given time I'll definitely pick up a few more Troopers.

The Doctor in glasses is a bit like Thay. Nice paint job, red trainers and and a pair of specs, but essentially a touched up variant. As a downside, he doesnt even come with a screwdriver (which considering his hand is moulded to take one, thats a bit irritating). Again, not a massively exciting addition (not on a par with Spacesuit, Lilith or the Judoon).

All of them have some extra articulation in the arms, and quite frankly, it's pointless. All in all though, still a big thumbs up (from this big kid at least).

Posted on: July 18 2007 @ 06:34 PM
By: Smitty

Content:

Any word on The Master? Perhaps with a Toclafane sphere?

Did or did not John Simm sign off his likeness?

-cs™

Posted on: July 18 2007 @ 07:19 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat] 2007 5" figure line release update

Rose Tyler w/ 2 Robot Spiders (reissue) - Series 1
Slitheen & The Space Pig (reissue) - Series 1
Captain Jack & The Empty Child (reissue) - Series 1
Dalek w/ Mutant Reveal - Series 1
Auton Twin Pack - Series 1
Moxx Of Balhoon (reissue) - Series 1
Assault Dalek - Series 1
Gelth Zombie - Series 1
Dr. Constantine - Series 1
Cyberman w/ Gun Arm (reissue) - Series 2
Grey Krillitane (reissue) - Series 2
The Ood - Series 2
Clockwork Man (Blue) - Series 2
Clockwork Man (Black) - Series 2
Werewolf (reissue) - Series 2
Mickey Smith - Series 2
Rose Tyler & Chip - Series 2
Black Dalek Sec - Series 2
Spacesuit Doctor - Series 2
The Doctor (Blue Suit) - Series 3
The Doctor w/ Glasses - Series 3
The Doctor w/ 3D Glasses - Series 3
Martha Jones - Series 3
Judoon Captain - Series 3
Judoon Trooper - Series 3
Lilith - Series 3
Dalek Thay - Series 3
Novice Hame - Series 3
Dalek Sec Hybrid - Series 3
Pig Slave - Series 3
The Face Of Boe - Deluxe
The Empress Of The Racnoss - Deluxe
Brannigan - Series 3
Scarecrow (Brown Tie) - Series 3
Scarecrow (Green?Grey Tie) - Series 3[/QUOTE]

The following are the speculated releases from doctorwhotoys.net

Laszlo - Series 3
Weeping Angels - Series 3
Faceless Mrs Connolly with The Wire TV Set - Series 2
Evil Toby - Series 2
The Hoix - Series 2
Clockwork Man (Dark Blue) - Series 2
Dirty Dalek - Series 1
The Editor - Series 1
The Reaper (Electronic) - Deluxe

5" Action Figure Sets
Daleks in Manhattan Set (The Daleks in Manhattan box set features Dalek Sec Hybrid, Damaged Dalek Thay and a Pig Guard. It will also include a brand new The Doctor figure in blue suit with red plimsoles and a brown coat)
The Army of Ghosts (The Army of Ghosts box set will include the Genesis Ark and Damaged Cyberman as well as Mickey Smith with Void Transport Device)
The Satan Pit Set (including a 5" Doctor in Space Suit with removeable helmet and special CO2 scrubber unit and featuring a Lift Cage)
The Professor Gift Set (The contents of this set are yet to be confirmed)
Flight Control Tardis (Electronic) - Deluxe
Series Two 10 figure set (This set will include the Mickey Smith action figure and nine others. The nine others will be The Doctor in Trenchcoat, Rose (Version 2 New Earth), K9, Cyberman, Cyber Controller, Dalek Sec, Clockwork Man (black), Krillitane (red) and The Ood)

Posted on: July 19 2007 @ 05:34 PM

Content:

Something I've not seen before has popped up a couple of times on Ebay recently - a story so far poster (in same style as the pretty famous Star Wars action figure poster)......

here

Posted on: August 08 2007 @ 07:57 AM
By: Smitty

Content:

Am I the only one here that thinks the fob watch from HN/FOB/Utopia will be a fantastic collectable?

It'll make a nice high end DW piece or CO/Underground Toys can make one that has Timelord essence glow and dialogue!

-cs™

Posted on: August 08 2007 @ 06:47 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Smitty] Am I the only one here that thinks the fob watch from HN/FOB/Utopia will be a fantastic collectable?

It'll make a nice high end DW piece or CO/Underground Toys can make one that has Timelord essence glow and dialogue!

-cs™[/QUOTE]

I think it would be excellent. I do kinda wonder what I'd do with it though. It's a bit like the sonic screwdriver pen or torch, or literally countless other Dr Who bits and pieces I've got. There's no organisation there, they're just sort of..... everywhere. With the figures, at least I have them all on display.

Posted on: August 09 2007 @ 10:15 AM
By: Satai Styx

Content:

I've been wondering if they'd merch the fob watch as well - nice collectible, and useful with an actual watch inside....

Posted on: August 27 2007 @ 05:18 PM

Content:

Some new stuff (to me at least) is now being advertised...

Evil Toby

Faceless Granny

Hoix!

Also, these look very interesting (I don't think they're Character Options) 12" all cloth costume Revenge Of The Cybermen figure and a 12" All cloth suited 4th Doctor. They're not that cheap (£32.99 each), but look irresistible.

Posted on: November 11 2007 @ 01:02 AM

Content:

Finally! A fully articulated 9th Doctor has been released!

Posted on: November 14 2007 @ 02:01 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
Finally! A fully articulated 9th Doctor has been released![/QUOTE]

I've looked for this everywhere over the last few days and I've not found one. I didnt know about it til you posted and I looked into it. Initially I thought it was just a US release but doing some digging it's definitely a UK one as well. They're out there somewhere, and they're all over Ebay at double price, but I've not seen one in any of the half dozen Woolworths or Argos' I've tried, or Forbidden Planets in Shaftesbury Avenue or Croydon. I'll probably just bite the bullet and get one from Ebay.

The reservations I mentioned about The new Masters figures certainly don't apply to either Laszlo or Weeping Angels!

Laszlo is fantastic - alongside Rose, this is probably the most realistic and biggest likeness to human figure in whole range (it really it is that good, they've nailed him). I know he was altered slightly and maybe the pig features make him easier to mould, but it's brilliant nonetheless.

The Angels are just marvellous too. Good articulation that allows them to cover their eyes (or not, if you prefer). I've got a couple, if I find 2 more I'll do an Angels Have The Tardis scene and take a picture. Really really good figures.

Very happy.

Posted on: November 14 2007 @ 02:35 PM
By: daveac

Content:

Saw these in my local supermarket today.

They are poor images from my phone grouped into one image

Cheers, daveac

Posted on: November 15 2007 @ 01:31 AM

Content:

Dave, if you can find an articulated 9th Doctor for Tardis-Knight… Wink he'll be very happy.

Posted on: November 15 2007 @ 05:37 PM

Content:

Grrrrrrrrrrr!

I've gotta say - DoctorWhoToys.Net is really good for information and pictures about this range. It's the first time I've been there for a while....

I've never noticed the open and closed mouth differences to the Krillitanes for example, until I was just reading through their site.

Posted on: December 13 2007 @ 03:15 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
Dave, if you can find an articulated 9th Doctor for Tardis-Knight… Wink he'll be very happy.[/QUOTE]

I was waiting Dave, but you took your time so much that eventually I just gave up. Given that it's from Ebay it's not a bad price.

It's much better than the previous version. Not perfect, he doesnt stand that well, and a screwdriver would've been nice.

Happy nonetheless.

Posted on: January 15 2008 @ 04:34 PM

Content:

I'm aware I seem to be hogging this thread, but here you go anyway!

Check this out.....

Wonder if Kylie will have seamed stockings!?

There's to be a Sound Of Drums set too, with that wicked Lucy Saxon woman included.

Posted on: January 15 2008 @ 04:37 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Tardis-Knight] I'm aware I seem to be hogging this thread, but here you go anyway!

Check this out.....

[/QUOTE]

I wanna Kylie for Easter!

Posted on: January 15 2008 @ 04:40 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat] [QUOTE BY= Tardis-Knight] I'm aware I seem to be hogging this thread, but here you go anyway!

Check this out.....

[/QUOTE]

I wanna Kylie for Easter![/QUOTE]

I just wanna Kylie!

Posted on: January 15 2008 @ 07:11 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Tardis-Knight]

I just wanna Kylie![/QUOTE]

This is all I can offer:-

Reduced to 512 - save to see full size

However as we head towards the end of January I will re-start the 'Support this Forum' thread again.

Maybe someone will offer up Kylie (yea - right - no chance!)

Cheers, daveac

Posted on: January 15 2008 @ 09:02 PM

Content:

Wow. If some time with Kylie was up for auction, I'd have to bid pretty high for that. She's just hot, man.

It's too bad she didn't retain her popularity in the US that she did in the UK and other countries.

People in the US only know her from "Locomotion" from the 80s, not realizing she's done something like a dozen albums, all of which met with some success.

But here's something: Go to wikipedia and read up on her. Man, she has some harsh harsh critics.

Sean.

Posted on: January 16 2008 @ 07:49 AM
By: Tin Dog Podcast

Content:

theres a new toy just listed.. you can find it yourself... because if it is real then its the BIGGEST season 4 spoiler so far and makes ***** return take a back seat

Posted on: January 16 2008 @ 02:47 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac] However as we head towards the end of January I will re-start the 'Support this Forum' thread again.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE BY= seanhuxter] Wow. If some time with Kylie was up for auction, I'd have to bid pretty high for that. She's just hot, man.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming these will start at £19.99; I'll pick one up.

When they inevitably go down (Amazon will have them for around £12.99 before long after release) I'll get a couple for the additional Hosts.

At that point you can list Kylie & The Doctor on the Support The Forum thread Dave, and Sean can bid $$$$$$$!

[QUOTE BY= Tin Dog Podcast] theres a new toy just listed.. you can find it yourself... because if it is real then its the BIGGEST season 4 spoiler so far and makes ***** return take a back seat[/QUOTE]

Is it Character Tin Dog? I can't find anything.

With the exception of the new Sarah Jane and K9, I've managed to get hold of the latest round of new releases.

The Editor is good - same cheapo oily complexion that let down Simm's Master, but not bad.

Novice Hame in white (Sister of Plenitude) is cool, works well.

Although the The Ghost Transmission BackPack Doctor is just an excuse for Character to release yet another Doctor figure, the accesories themselves are quite good.

The Sycorax Warrior isn't a million miles from the Leader figure. Looks good.

I got this latest batch from Galaxy 4 (although they've since sold out). In terms of service and stuff you simply can't fault them, but they are pricey.

Posted on: January 20 2008 @ 05:38 AM

Content:

Character have wound me up a bit.

Yesterday I asked the guy in Forbidden Planet if he knew when he'd have some Sarah Jane and K9s (they had the rest of the latest wave).

It turns out that the reason they didnt have any in stock is because you only get 1 a box!! How very George Lucas of them!! I said that to the guy (who is a nice bloke and always really helpful) and he just laughed - he knew exactly what I meant.

That'll also explain SJs absense on the Galaxy 4 site.

They (FP) had dozens of Editors, ghost transmission Docs, white frocked Hames, & 9th leather jacketed 10th Docs - but no Sarah Janes.

How rude.

Posted on: January 20 2008 @ 10:36 AM
By: taff1a

Content:

I can't see anything new either. Where are you looking TinDog?
By the way, I picked up a Judoon UV Scanner in Sainsburys for £4.99 (half-price) this week. They're coming to the end of their sale and are selling a handful of DrWho stuff off half-price. Made me a happy bunny anyway. Also picked up the Voice Control Dalek for £59.99 in the Tesco sale (God I'm going to be paying off the credit card bill till I'm 90)

Posted on: February 18 2008 @ 08:05 PM

Content:

I was walking through Woolworths back to work after lunch today (it's a short-cut that quite coincidentally takes me past the Dr Who section) and to my complete surprise there were no less than 9 "new" figures there! Although they're all essentially minor variants of existing ones. Some more interesting than others.

I'm usually well on top of the Character stuff and their pending releases, but these totally passed me by until I actually saw them on the shelves.

The figures are;

Rose (mauve shirted version) with Ice Gun Extinguisher.

Destroyed Cassandra

Captain Jack with an RAF Cap

10th Doctor in dirty Satan Pit Spacesuit with smashed helmet

Toby (unpossessed)

10th Doctor with a portable wire device

Ood (with glow in the dark orb)

9th Doctor (with Auton Mickey head and auton arm)

Gelth Zombie (with glow in the dark head and hands)

In addition to all the above variants, there was a new solitary singular carded Slitheen. I looked at all of them and in a couple of cases I was excited (unpossessed Toby and destroyed Cassandra are at least different from the existing figures); but in most cases I felt I was about to ripped off (the worst examples being £6.99 for Jack's cap, and a glow in the dark Ood orb that doesnt really glow in the dark).

Such is fondness and completist attitude towards this range that I went ahead and got ripped off. Frown

I actually emptied the shelf. I bought 16 figures (which was basically - where possible - 2 of each). One for me, and one for a mate of my mine I get these for in Germany. I was doing mental calculations in my head as the girl was putting them through the checkout and I didnt think my card would take it. It must've just scraped through.

Posted on: April 16 2008 @ 05:43 PM

Content:

After the low quality, slap-dash effort that was the last gift-set (The Masters), the Voyage of the Damned set is a wicked return to form.

Kylie looks fantastic, the Doctor seems to have had a bit of a paint revamp (I've not done an up close comparison to any of the countless others, but the likeness seems to be quite strong compared to some of the earlier ones).

The Hosts are excellent too. I'd like a few more; when the prices inevitably drop on Amazon and Play I'll order a couple of more of these sets for the angelic golden chaps.

Posted on: June 01 2008 @ 12:15 PM

Content:

After a seemingly endless wait I finally picked up the new version Scarecrows and the Screaming Angels yesterday.

They've been on Ebay for about double price for some time, but until yesterday (in Forbidden Planet) I'd never seen them in acutal shops. I got 3 scarecrows and 2 angels - and that was the lot, I asked if they had another screaming angel but that they didnt.

The figures are great - The Scarecrows are one of my favourite characters from the last series (I found them really sinister) and they've been re-done very well by Character. Likewise the Angels (although they're not great on the scale front).

Posted on: June 20 2008 @ 06:06 PM

Content:

Series 4 Action Character Figures....

Posted on: June 20 2008 @ 06:12 PM

Content:

I saw these earlier today... I love the Adipose... I'll need hundreds of them... Wink The Sontaran gift pack looks interesting.

Posted on: June 20 2008 @ 07:58 PM

Content:

Here's a picture of some of the new 'Mirco Who' I saw today at my local store:-

Reduced to 512 - save to see full size (1024x768)

Cheers, daveac

Posted on: July 28 2008 @ 04:33 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
I saw these earlier today... I love the Adipose... I'll need hundreds of them... Wink The Sontaran gift pack looks interesting.[/QUOTE]

Sontraran's include an extra Trooper figure that I bought individually....

It's a seriously unflattering figure of Donna - which is a shame (I think she's sexy).

I picked up the series 4 figures today - the new Ood's are especially good.

Posted on: July 28 2008 @ 07:40 PM
By: Louis

Content:

What the ice cube-like block from? (I was looking the Doctor's hand in it, but didn't see it... even though I know it wasn't in a cube, it would still be kind of cool).

Posted on: July 29 2008 @ 02:54 AM
By: Idiom

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]
What the ice cube-like block from? (I was looking the Doctor's hand in it, but didn't see it... even though I know it wasn't in a cube, it would still be kind of cool).
[/QUOTE]
When I was ten, after we saw Empire Strikes Back, my best friend at the time froze his Han Solo figure in sympathy and left him in the freezer for two years until the next film came out!

Posted on: July 29 2008 @ 03:52 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]

[/QUOTE]

It's just an ornament thing that I've got - I'm really not sure where from. Ordinarily, in front of my PC is that ice cube, a small Hellboy figure (in a kimono!), and sort of glass/glazed painted (but fading) Tom & Jerry set (that actually belonged to my mum). It's a completely random mixture that's just sort of ended up there.

I shifted them all to snap the Sontarans - with the exception of the ice cube, as I didnt think it would notice. I'd clearly under-estimated our eagle-eyed webmaster.

Posted on: August 13 2008 @ 03:15 PM

Content:

The Stolen Earth Gift Set.

Posted on: August 14 2008 @ 04:14 PM

Content:

The Roman soldier is good, but bit stingey (if that's how you spell stingey) that you don't get a sword or a dagger he can hold.

The Supreme Dalek was £20, which I thought was a lot and if I wasn't so stupid and obsessive about this range I'd get one for half that in about 3 months.

It's remote controlled and does 10 phrases apparently. You need batteries for both remote control and Dalek, and I've not sorted it yet.

Posted on: October 04 2008 @ 04:38 AM

Content:

I think it was Magpie who went all gooey when she saw these and immediately demanded a plush one; here you go!

As much as I'm a bit of a nut for Who collectables, it hasn't so far extended to cuddly toys - I don't expect that's about to change......

Not bad looking for congealed fat (it makes him sound like a Doner Kebab).

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=10023