Subject: steampunk tardis

Posted on: June 28 2007 @ 09:42 PM
By: Justice

Content:

my favorite version of the tardis interior has to be the paul mcgann interior.

its great steampunk.

too bad they only used it once.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Replies:

steampunk tardis

Posted on: July 11 2007 @ 10:14 AM
By: Louis

Content:

When I first saw it in publicity shots before the movie was transmitted, I hated it only because it was so different from what was already established in the series... But that quickly changed and it became one of my favourite TARDIS interior design.

In fact, back in the late 90's I ran an interactive virtual environment on the net based on this TARDIS interior design.

Cheers,
Louis

steampunk tardis

Posted on: July 11 2007 @ 12:26 PM
By: Smitty

Content:

I loved that console room and it was the template for what followed in the new series. The central column is part of the control room and the pylon/arches surrounding the console.

Obviously inspired by the secondary console room seen in the Tom Baker era.

But the main whie one is still great!

-cs™

steampunk tardis

Posted on: November 21 2007 @ 08:09 PM
By: Linquel

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Justice] my favorite version of the tardis interior has to be the paul mcgann interior.

its great steampunk.

[/QUOTE]

Is that the name of the Desktop Theme? Steampunk?

Wink

steampunk tardis

Posted on: November 21 2007 @ 08:50 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Linquel] [QUOTE BY= Justice] my favorite version of the tardis interior has to be the paul mcgann interior.

its great steampunk.

[/QUOTE]

Wink[/QUOTE]

steampunk

steampunk tardis

Posted on: November 21 2007 @ 10:11 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Justice] [QUOTE BY= Linquel]

Wink[/QUOTE]

steampunk[/QUOTE]

No...sorry. I know what Steampunk is. I was attempting to make a little joke referencing the Children in Need special. If you haven't seen it yet, you might not know what I'm talking about.

Interestingly enough, when I was looking at this thread earlier, I was trying to find a good picture of the steam-spider from Wild Wild West to photoshop-merge with the TARDIS picture posted above. I gave up, though. Mr. Green

steampunk tardis

Posted on: November 22 2007 @ 01:08 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Linquel] [QUOTE BY= Justice] [QUOTE BY= Linquel]

Wink[/QUOTE]

steampunk[/QUOTE]

No...sorry. I know what Steampunk is. I was attempting to make a little joke referencing the Children in Need special. If you haven't seen it yet, you might not know what I'm talking about.

Interestingly enough, when I was looking at this thread earlier, I was trying to find a good picture of the steam-spider from Wild Wild West to photoshop-merge with the TARDIS picture posted above. I gave up, though. Mr. Green [/QUOTE]

yeah i missed it..........

steampunk tardis

Posted on: November 22 2007 @ 01:19 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Justice] [QUOTE BY= Linquel] No...sorry. I know what Steampunk is. I was attempting to make a little joke referencing the Children in Need special. If you haven't seen it yet, you might not know what I'm talking about.

Interestingly enough, when I was looking at this thread earlier, I was trying to find a good picture of the steam-spider from Wild Wild West to photoshop-merge with the TARDIS picture posted above. I gave up, though. Mr. Green [/QUOTE]

yeah i missed it..........[/QUOTE]

It looks like the YouTube video of it posted in the Time Crash thread is still working if you want to watch it there.

steampunk tardis

Posted on: March 24 2009 @ 07:38 PM
By: Remki

Content:

I do rather love it, though it's a bit busy. And I kept expecting the Phantom to step out from somewhere at some point and start singing :3 I don't really consider it steampunk though. Needs a little more steam power and a little more punk.

Maybe Stellar Romanticism?

steampunk tardis

Posted on: March 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
By: Milamber

Content:

I didn't really like it at first but now after loving the new series console room, I've warmed to it. I guess I needed a stop-gap design to overcome the shock.

I still don't like that it's open plan, though. I like the interior to be a little more cramped but I guess it was only like that in the original series because they lacked the budget to make it bigger.

They should bring it back as a secondary console. We need to see more of the TARDIS. I wouldn't be suprised if they use it as inspiration for Doc 11's console room, albiet more high-tech.

steampunk tardis

Posted on: March 27 2009 @ 10:58 PM
By: Chase

Content:

The first Doctor's console was BIG and not cramped at all especially in the first few stories. I like the 8th Doctor interiors ...only they were dimly lit and so dark, one couldn't tell what was what. The photos show more and I guess that the mystery was kept in the darkness of the TARDIS interior. I would say my favorite interior is that first one with all the alcoves, machinery, historical items, etc. One thing that is STUPID in the TV MOVIE is having all those candles iN the Tardis.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=16199