Subject: Torchwood in HD

Posted on: August 06 2007 @ 10:11 PM
By: Louis

Content:

I saw my first advertisement promo for Torchwood on HDNet. It was shown with Star Trek: Enterprise last week (30th of July). It looks really sweet in HD, I have to say. Though I was disappointed that the promo did not use the familiar Murray Gold music... but instead had something else (not from the series)... I am guessing they just didn't have on music on hand for creating the promo for it.

I am looking forward to seeing the series again in HD. Some weeks ago, I started re-watching the series again, thankfully I only got to seeing the first two episodes again in SD... So now I can rewatch the series as I was doing, but now in HD.

Though I know watching it in HD will only get me pining for Doctor Who to move to the HD format.

Cheers,

Louis

Replies:

Torchwood in HD

Posted on: September 18 2007 @ 04:26 PM
By: DerekInLA

Content:

I just watched the "Everything Changes" premiere episode in HD on HDNet and it looked amazing.

I had originally acquired a high-resolution file from the BBC3 HD broadcast through the torrent of bits, but seeing it in full HD was beautiful.

Also, the HDNet broadcasts are not edited like the BBC America broadcasts. No commercials, no censoring, and they use the original BBC promo for the next week's episode.

Very cool. Great job HDNet!

Torchwood in HD

Posted on: September 18 2007 @ 04:33 PM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= DerekInLA] I just watched the "Everything Changes" premiere episode in HD on HDNet and it looked amazing.

I had originally acquired a high-resolution file from the BBC3 HD broadcast through the torrent of bits, but seeing it in full HD was beautiful.

Also, the HDNet broadcasts are not edited like the BBC America broadcasts. No commercials, no censoring, and they use the original BBC promo for the next week's episode.

Very cool. Great job HDNet![/QUOTE]

I've only seen a little of Torchwood in HD - but the picture quality is stunning.

Watching the first episode 'Day One' in HD when they use the glove on the lad in the street (during heavy rain) the close up of his face is one if the sharpest pictures I've ever seen on TV.

And no - Owen is no more likeable in HD than he is in SD Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

Torchwood in HD

Posted on: September 19 2007 @ 07:29 AM
By: Louis

Content:

I caught it too. It is very impressive in HD. I can't wait until the good Doctor gets the same treatment... even though that seems like it won't happen until 2010.

Louis

Torchwood in HD

Posted on: September 19 2007 @ 07:39 AM
By: Tin Dog Podcast

Content:

ive just looked at the bbc america website...

I AM SOOOO sorry you get hollyoaks...

im so ashamed

Torchwood in HD

Posted on: September 20 2007 @ 03:52 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

All of Eve Myles's freckles are plainly visible. The detail of the Hub really shines in HD. One can even forget some of the short comings in the early scripts by enjoying the stunning visuals. I'm sure the Barrowman skyline helicopter shots will get old eventually, but they look amazing on a 40" HD LCD TV.

Torchwood in HD

Posted on: September 21 2007 @ 07:27 AM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
All of Eve Myles's freckles are plainly visible. The detail of the Hub really shines in HD. One can even forget some of the short comings in the early scripts by enjoying the stunning visuals. I'm sure the Barrowman skyline helicopter shots will get old eventually, but they look amazing on a 40" HD LCD TV.[/QUOTE]

Yes, even the Cyberbabe one - I mean the Cyberwoman one Big Grin - the poor story is helped by HD.

Mind you even in SD the picture quality is very good - as you can see from this screen cap:-

Cheers, daveac

Torchwood in HD

Posted on: September 21 2007 @ 09:14 AM
By: Tin Dog Podcast

Content:

even showing this is in SD is too much for me.

TW needs to get a LOT better.. VERY quickly.

or my fave Spin-off will be either sarah jane or even podshock.

Torchwood in HD

Posted on: September 21 2007 @ 04:56 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

Hopefully Torchwood will get focussed in series two. I think the addition of the Martha Jones character will stabilize the mix. Most small groups don't have this many romantic pairings in a decade, much less the apparent year or season that the series covers.

Taras

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=17458