Subject: Big Finish: Valhalla

Posted on: August 07 2007 @ 01:46 PM
By: mad4plaid

Content:

Just finished listening to this audio drama -- my first of my new subscription to Big Finish.

Can someone give me a bit of back story that I am missing? It seems that the Doctor is wandering without a companion, not sure that he wants another companion or not. Is that an accurate depiction of his state of mind in this drama? And I'm assuming that his companion-less state is existing through multiple story arcs? How did it start? death or desertion?

Replies:

Big Finish: Valhalla

Posted on: August 07 2007 @ 05:27 PM
By: DarthSkeptical

Content:

Nope, no explanation to give you. This is simply where we find him at the start of this story. One can kinda assume that many of the BF stories have been, to date, set rather close to "Survival". This one, by contrast, is set close to the 1996 movie. It must be that the Seventh Doctor at some point gets rid of all his companions, because of how we find him at the beginning of that movie.

Don't worry: you haven't missed some cataclysmic storiy in which the Doctor and Ace part company. You've just been dropped, as have we all, into a companionless story. No biggie.

Posted on: August 08 2007 @ 05:20 PM

Content:

This is what I get for trying to read more into a situation. Gotta learn to take things at face value, I guess.

thanks Darth

Posted on: August 08 2007 @ 05:55 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

The last (2006) December subscriber freebie—Return of the Daleks—also had the seventh Doctor traveling alone.

Posted on: October 08 2007 @ 06:20 PM

Content:

as I really enjoyed his traveling alone, I think I'll try to pick up that story.

Though, I must admit that as much as I liked this storyalone, I LOVED Son of the Dragon which I just finished. Though, that could be because of how I adore James Purefoy - that man's voice was MADE to play Vlad!

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=17472