Subject: Delayed Podcasts (Update 9-2007)

Posted on: September 05 2007 @ 09:02 PM
By: Louis

Content:

As some of you may have noticed, there hasn't been a new episode of Doctor Who: Podshock released on the main feeds in while. I do apologize for the delay. I had mentioned in another thread (titled "When ?") here in this forum that I had two family members hospitalized at the same time in two different hospitals in August.

They both had surgery on the same day on top of it all. As of a few days ago, both were recovering. Unfortunately, one was rushed back in the hospital last night and is now in critical condition and remains so at this time.

I am taking things day by day right now. Once I can focus back on editing the shows that have been recorded, I will. In the meantime, if you would would like to hear the "raw" live shows, they can be downloaded via Talkshoe here. I am also hoping to go forward with the live show scheduled for this Sunday at this point. But if that changes, I will try to post it here.

Thanks for those that have express concern. I haven't really been able to write back to everyone yet, I hope you will understand.

Cheers,

Louis

Replies:

Delayed Podcasts (Update 9-2007)

Posted on: September 05 2007 @ 09:32 PM
By: tlsmith1963

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]

As some of you may have noticed, there hasn't been a new episode of Doctor Who: Podshock released on the main feeds in while. I do apologize for the delay. I had mentioned in another thread (titled "When ?") here in this forum that I had two family members hospitalized at the same time in two different hospitals in August.

They both had surgery on the same day on top of it all. As of a few days ago, both were recovering. Unfortunately, one was rushed back in the hospital last night and is now in critical condition and remains so at this time.

I am taking things day by day right now. Once I can focus back on editing the shows that have been recorded, I will. In the meantime, if you would would like to hear the "raw" live shows, they can be downloaded via Talkshoe here. I am also hoping to go forward with the live show scheduled for this Sunday at this point. But if that changes, I will try to post it here.

Thanks for those that have express concern. I haven't really been able to write back to everyone yet, I hope you will understand.

Cheers,
Louis[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't know that. I just thought the podcast was on hiatus because Series 3 is over. I hope things will be okay with your family-members.

Posted on: September 05 2007 @ 09:35 PM
By: Mawdryn

Content:

Louis, as others have echoed, best wishes to you and your family during this challenging time. We all appreciate all that you've done for the Doctor Who family. Many a time has the podcast brought a smile to my face after a hard day. Please know that while we are scattered all over the world, we stand united in support of you. Come back when you're ready and I'll be excited to hear from you then.

Posted on: September 06 2007 @ 02:22 AM
By: Liyster

Content:

Cheers Louis.

Hope all goes well mate

Posted on: September 06 2007 @ 08:37 AM
By: lonelyangel10

Content:

If the podcasts delayed longer, everyone will understand. Sorry to hear about this difficult time and hope things are improving soon for your family. *hugs*

Posted on: September 06 2007 @ 08:44 AM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= lonelyangel10] If the podcasts delayed longer, everyone will understand. Sorry to hear about this difficult time and hope things are improving soon for your family. *hugs*[/QUOTE]

Family first - take care Dave (daveac)

Posted on: September 06 2007 @ 12:29 PM
By: ExtermaKnitter

Content:

Family ALWAYS comes first! Thanks for letting us know what is going on.

I wish all the best for you and your family!

Posted on: September 06 2007 @ 01:48 PM
By: Tardis-Knight

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]

As some of you may have noticed, there hasn't been a new episode of Doctor Who: Podshock released on the main feeds in while. I do apologize for the delay. [/QUOTE]

No apology required Louis, given the reason I'm pretty sure you could take everyones complete understanding as a given.

Take care of those close to you.

DK.

Posted on: September 06 2007 @ 03:40 PM
By: DrWho001

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Tardis-Knight] [QUOTE BY= Louis]

As some of you may have noticed, there hasn't been a new episode of Doctor Who: Podshock released on the main feeds in while. I do apologize for the delay. [/QUOTE]

No apology required Louis, given the reason I'm pretty sure you could take everyones complete understanding as a given.

Take care of those close to you.

DK.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have put it better myself. All the very best to you and your family during this time.

Posted on: September 07 2007 @ 07:42 AM
By: Janet

Content:

So sorry about your family members. My best wishes toward their recoveries.

Don't worry about the podcast. Everyone will understand. Family should always comes first.

Take care of yourself.

Janet

Posted on: September 07 2007 @ 10:10 PM

Content:

Due to an unfortunate turn of events, we will have to postpone this Sunday's live show (9-9-2007). We will pick it up again in two weeks with the Troughton years.

Thanks for understanding. I will write more when I can.

Louis

Posted on: September 07 2007 @ 10:20 PM
By: merlin_mccarley

Content:

Sorry to hear it Louis, take care of the family business and get some rest when possible. Hear you soon, perhaps it will give us time to find out if the "The Web of Fear" find is legit or not Wink .

Cheers,
Mike M.

Posted on: September 08 2007 @ 06:17 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]

Due to an unfortunate turn events, we will have to postpone this Sunday's live show (9-9-2007). We will pick it up again in two weeks with the Troughton years.

Thanks for understanding. I will write more when I can.

Louis[/QUOTE]

Take care Louis.

Dave (daveac)

Posted on: September 11 2007 @ 08:52 AM

Content:

This past Friday, I lost my brother.

I want to thank all of you who had sent notes and messages to me expressing your concern. I appreciate all your thoughts and well wishes. I obviously wish that things did not turn out the way they did, but I am dealing with my personal loss now the best way I can.

Peace,
Louis

Posted on: September 11 2007 @ 10:08 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]

Peace,
Louis[/QUOTE]

So sorry Louis - my sincere condolences for your sad loss.

Dave

Posted on: September 11 2007 @ 10:21 AM
By: merlin_mccarley

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac] [QUOTE BY= Louis]

Peace,
Louis[/QUOTE]

Dave[/QUOTE]

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Louis during this stressful time. Family first friend, we will be here when you have things in order.

Condolences to you and the family,
Mike M.

Posted on: September 11 2007 @ 02:39 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= merlin_mccarley] [QUOTE BY= daveac] [QUOTE BY= Louis]

Peace,
Louis[/QUOTE]

Dave[/QUOTE]

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Louis during this stressful time. Family first friend, we will be here when you have things in order.

Condolences to you and the family,
Mike M.[/QUOTE]

Sincere condolences to you and your family. Take care and best wishes.

Posted on: September 11 2007 @ 03:13 PM
By: constantirritant

Content:

Oh, geez. My condolences, Louis.

Posted on: September 11 2007 @ 03:49 PM
By: ExtermaKnitter

Content:

Oh Louis, I am SO sorry for your loss.

I hope you and your family members are taking care of yourselves during this very rough time!

Posted on: September 11 2007 @ 11:30 PM
By: shirokuro

Content:

Louis,
I am so so sorry for your loss. All my condolences to you and your family. Best wishes,
Craig

Posted on: September 12 2007 @ 12:39 AM
By: Fairport

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]

I want to thank all of you who had sent notes and messages to me expressing your concern. I appreciate all your thoughts and well wishes. I obviously wish that things did not turn out the way they did, but I am dealing with my personal loss now the best way I can.

Peace,
Louis[/QUOTE]

Louis, please know that you and your family are in my thoughts. I send you my sincerest condolences. If there's anything I can do, please just say the word.

Jay a.k.a Fairport

Posted on: September 12 2007 @ 04:24 AM
By: President Nice

Content:

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Posted on: September 12 2007 @ 04:48 AM
By: shockeye07

Content:

Sorry for your loss Louis. Take care.

Posted on: September 12 2007 @ 05:36 AM
By: Dalzo

Content:

I would like to echo the condolences offered by others. My thouhts are with you and your family!

Posted on: September 12 2007 @ 08:26 AM
By: LanaiaD

Content:

Louis, I'm so sorry to hear about your sad news. We are all thinking of you and keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself.

Posted on: September 12 2007 @ 05:52 PM
By: Tardis-Knight

Content:

Dear Louis

I'm not sure what to say. Like those before me, I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of both you and your family. Keep an eye on them, and let them keep an eye on you.

Take care mate.

David.

Posted on: September 12 2007 @ 09:54 PM
By: Mohan

Content:

My condolences to you and your family for your lost. I hope that during this difficult time that you know that there are many, many listeners who have you and your family in their prayers.

Posted on: September 13 2007 @ 02:02 PM
By: lonelyangel10

Content:

Sorry to hear the news about your family loss and i'm thinking of you this week.

Posted on: September 13 2007 @ 03:32 PM
By: timeflight

Content:

Louis,

I'm so sorry to hear your news. You are a good man and have lots of friends here.

Take care mate,

Darren

Posted on: September 13 2007 @ 10:30 PM
By: VertigoMama

Content:

Louis,
I am so sorry for your and your family's loss. Wishing you peace and comfort during this sad time.
Lyzette

Posted on: September 14 2007 @ 07:57 AM
By: Tin Dog Podcast

Content:

I am truly sorry to hear your news. you have all our thoughts and best wishes

Posted on: September 15 2007 @ 10:32 AM

Content:

Thanks for all the condolences and well wishes, both here in this thread as well as via email. Even though I haven't been here on the site as much as I am normally, I still popped in at least once daily and read your messages here.

Obviously, I have been going through a great deal personally, and it seems now I unfortunately need to deal with unnecessary changes professionally as well... the timing could not be worse.

I appreciate all of your support during these difficult and trying times. It means a great deal.

Peace,
Louis

Posted on: September 15 2007 @ 04:39 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]

Thanks for all the condolences and well wishes, both here in this thread as well as via email. Even though I haven't been here on the site as much as I am normally, I still popped in at least once daily and read your messages here.

Obviously, I have been going through a great deal personally, and it seems now I unfortunately need to deal with unnecessary changes professionally as well... the timing could not be worse.

I appreciate all of your support during these difficult and trying times. It means a great deal.

Peace,
Louis[/QUOTE]

So sorry to hear that your professional life is going through unnecessary changes. You once again are in my thoughts and have my sincere best wishes.

Simon AKA DrWho001

Posted on: September 15 2007 @ 06:56 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis] and it seems now I unfortunately need to deal with unnecessary changes professionally as well... the timing could not be worse.

Peace,
Louis[/QUOTE]

That sucks!

Which I believe is the right American expression.

Cheers, daveac

Posted on: September 15 2007 @ 11:16 PM

Content:

I am hoping that perhaps tomorrow I will carve out some time to do some post production work on the podcasts. Despite everything going on, I am looking forward to resuming where we left things off... and trying to get back into the swing of things.

Also, a quick note about my brother. What some may not know is that he was my only brother. We grew up together and remained together through the years into our adulthood. We lived in the same house, under the same roof. Sure, I had my own space, my own flat, but he was always just a flight of stairs away.

We may not have shared a great many interests together, but we did have a few. Even with our differences, we always highly respected each other. Our relationship with each other was always a strong, caring, and nurturing one.

When he ran into trouble health-wise, I did whatever I could do to help him. I only wish I could have done more.

Anyway, I felt I should give a little background about our relationship here.

His spirit will live on within me... That gives me some comfort. But he was taken away way too early, way too young.

Thanks again for everyones support. We will get the show back on track soon.

Peace,
Louis

Posted on: September 16 2007 @ 01:14 AM
By: Smitty

Content:

Louis I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you'll get through this heartbreak.

I think, this is just me, at the next podcast give some time to the memory of your brother. Take time to thank those that gave condolences.

If possible set up a charity link in honor of him if possible.

May he rest in peace. <3

-cs™

Posted on: September 17 2007 @ 08:56 AM
By: old china

Content:

The volume of posts here really says something about how much you've come to mean to so many people with your weekly broadcasts. We all clearly miss your weekly input into our lives (the world over) and when we learn the reason for the absence, it really is met by genuine sadness for you.

Commiserations mate.

Posted on: September 17 2007 @ 06:28 PM
By: FixerMX

Content:

Louis:

I am sorry for your loss. We'll be here to listen to Podshock when you're ready; there's no rush.

FixerMX

Posted on: September 17 2007 @ 08:28 PM
By: Dalzo

Content:

[QUOTE BY= FixerMX] Louis:

I am sorry for your loss. We'll be here to listen to Podshock when you're ready; there's no rush.

FixerMX[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, in your own time Mate!!!

Posted on: September 18 2007 @ 01:36 AM
By: Fairport

Content:

Thank you so much for sharing, my friend. Please know that all of my thoughts and good cheer go out to you!

We all look forward to hearing your voice again. I promise to be there Sunday tackling the enigmatic Troughton with the rest of the gang.

Posted on: September 18 2007 @ 10:35 AM
By: Tin Dog Podcast

Content:

[QUOTE BY= lonelyangel10] If the podcasts delayed longer, everyone will understand. Sorry to hear about this difficult time and hope things are improving soon for your family. *hugs*[/QUOTE]

I totaly agree. We will always be here take all the time you need.

regards

M

Posted on: October 03 2007 @ 05:32 PM
By: Satai Styx

Content:

Hey Louis,

Any luck in holding Ken to his promise of editing and getting out the waiting-in-the-wings studio Podshock? Need any help prodding?

(Yes, Ken, we all heard you agree to take over the editing of that Podshock! C'mon now, where is it??)

Posted on: October 03 2007 @ 05:38 PM
By: Ken

Content:

All Louis has to do is ask!

Judi, I'll be at UFC next month. I hope to see you there.

Posted on: October 03 2007 @ 06:09 PM
By: Satai Styx

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Ken] Judi, I'll be at UFC next month. I hope to see you there.[/QUOTE]

Right now it looks like I'll only be able to be there on Sunday, thanks to previous obligations.

Posted on: October 14 2007 @ 08:13 PM
By: mistertarty

Content:

Louis,

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=17910