Subject: "Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: September 06 2007 @ 10:00 PM
By: lucas

Content:

DWO Online is now reporting a rumour that the lost Troughton story "Web of Fear" has been found.

This Second Doctor "yetis in the subway" story is the adventure I have always been most keen to see, so this is very exciting news for me! I hope it proves to be true.

Also, spookily appropriate news coming in the same week that I've been catching up on the last few Podshock Lives with their discussion of the mystique of "missing episodes" in Who...

Replies:

"Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: September 07 2007 @ 02:51 AM
By: Justice

Content:

i do love the yetis!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: March 01 2008 @ 08:24 PM
By: DarthSkeptical

Content:

Just in case you're reading this thread months after it's been posted and are confused when you click the above link in vain, it should be pointed out that DWO have retracted their story.

In October/November, DWO issued this statement:

"The Web of Fear rumour is sadly looking like a false alarm. DWO received information from 3 reliable sources, but unfortunately it appears to have reached a dead end."

"Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: March 01 2008 @ 08:59 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

There have been a number of hoaxes like this perpetrated over the years. Many well meaning folks have fallen for them.

"Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: March 01 2008 @ 10:37 PM
By: Fairport

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
There have been a number of hoaxes like this perpetrated over the years. Many well meaning folks have fallen for them.[/QUOTE]

While at Gallifrey One, I was lucky enough to have a hallway chat with Steve Roberts from the Doctor Who Restoration Team. I did ask him about it and I think I can now safely say it was all a false rumor.

"Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: April 16 2008 @ 12:17 AM
By: Ken

Content:

anyone hear anything new on this?

"Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: April 16 2008 @ 01:39 PM

Content:

Other than the DWO hosts wiping the egg off their faces, I haven't heard anything on the rumour. I assume someone they trusted pulled their leg, and that was that. They went out on a limb and reported without collaboration. Normally they are pretty good about things like that.

"Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: April 17 2008 @ 01:51 PM

Content:

We asked John Levene about this on an upcoming interview

"Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: April 17 2008 @ 02:25 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Ken] We asked John Levene about this on an upcoming interview[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to hear that episode. * self-moderated out snarky comment here *

"Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: April 17 2008 @ 02:27 PM

Content:

Taras,
I heard you were starting up a DWNY podcast. What's the scoop? When will it launch?

"Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: April 17 2008 @ 02:34 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Ken] Taras,
I heard you were starting up a DWNY podcast. What's the scoop? When will it launch?[/QUOTE]

There is this whole thing about us getting our collective acts together... We are writing (or at least trying to) scripts and everything... Things are still at too early a stage, in my opinion, to see if we get anywhere. Once there is some confidence of a launch, I'm sure you & Louis will be the first to know. Then, they'll tell me! Wink

"Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: April 17 2008 @ 02:39 PM
By: Magpie

Content:

Taras, who needs scripts? Smile

"Web of Fear" found?

Posted on: April 17 2008 @ 02:46 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Magpie] Taras, who needs scripts? Smile [/QUOTE]

We have a vision... Mind you, it is a blurred vision brought upon by beer at one of our pub meets, but a vision none-the-less.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=17941