Subject: Episode 5: Warriors of the Kudlak Part 1

Posted on: October 15 2007 @ 10:03 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

Episode 5: Warriors of the Kudlak Part 1 was much better than I expected. I felt it was like a cross between The Last Starfighter and Kate Bush's Cloudbusting video. I'll refrain from mentionning the obvious video game references, but I did catch a silhouette of the Jagggroth's ship in Sarah Jane's attic.

Replies:

Episode 5: Warriors of the Kudlak Part 1

Posted on: October 16 2007 @ 07:00 AM
By: seanhuxter

Content:

Yes, I saw the Jaggoroth ship in previous episodes. Love references like that. But the weird thing about that one was that the companion was Romana, not Sarah Jane.

I get the impression that the "mistress" Kudlak is serving is a Rachnoss. Am I the only one who thinks that?

On the other hand, he does mention "the emperor" at one point, which would not be likely if it's Rachnoss.

Good episode. Reminded me of many other shows, including the X-Files episode which takes place in a laser-tag arena.

But a solid episode for sure. I hate waiting a week between episodes when they're not full stories, though.

Oh well, I guess patience is a virtue.

-M-

Posted on: October 16 2007 @ 12:24 PM
By: rocko

Content:

I am getting really confused about the airing schedule for SJA. According to the CBBC's website, this ep is not supposed to air until Oct 22.

Posted on: October 16 2007 @ 05:50 PM
By: Semiyon

Content:

[QUOTE BY= rocko] I am getting really confused about the airing schedule for SJA. According to the CBBC's website, this ep is not supposed to air until Oct 22.[/QUOTE]

The episode will not air on BBC One until the 22nd October. However, immediately after the episode is shown on BBC One, the CBBC digital channel shows next week's episode.

Semi

Posted on: October 23 2007 @ 07:55 PM
By: dalek_beer

Content:

I got pretty annoyed at Virgin on-demand (its a televison company, not a seedy night-club!), they usually repeat the CBBC episodes, but they didn't this time! Angry

Posted on: October 23 2007 @ 08:30 PM
By: merlin_mccarley

Content:

Was taken out of the moment by the Skittles commercial (probably lost on our UK friends, forgive me).

Cheers,
Mike M.

Posted on: October 24 2007 @ 01:10 AM
By: tarashnat

Content:

[QUOTE BY= merlin_mccarley]

Was taken out of the moment by the Skittles commercial (probably lost on our UK friends, forgive me).

Cheers,
Mike M.[/QUOTE]

That was totally Kate Bush and Cloudbusting! I'm sorry, not Skittles...

Posted on: October 24 2007 @ 08:45 PM
By: merlin_mccarley

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat] [QUOTE BY= merlin_mccarley]

Cheers,
Mike M.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry M8, I still see a Skittles commercial. Just wish I could find the specific one I am thinking of.

Posted on: October 25 2007 @ 08:03 AM
By: seanhuxter

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat] [QUOTE BY= merlin_mccarley]

Cheers,
Mike M.[/QUOTE]

That was totally Kate Bush and Cloudbusting! I'm sorry, not Skittles...[/QUOTE]

Well yes, obviously it was Cloudbusting, but it was also the Skittles commercials. In Cloudbusting, we didn't see multi-colored candy raining down, but in this we clearly did.

It was a nice juxtaposition of a classic video with a classic TV commercial.

And to me it looked like they even found the same hill!

Sean.

Posted on: December 11 2007 @ 12:32 AM
By: jeffreysg

Content:

Yea, my friend and I saw a Skittles commercial. But I had never seen the Cloudbusting thing.

Posted on: December 11 2007 @ 07:49 AM
By: Doctor Whoovie

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat] [
[/QUOTE]

The Kate Bush Video was what I immediately thought off.

I guess they were using a variant of the H2O scoop, but with downward rain.

Did anyone else have problems with wooden crates on spacecraft secured with Hasps from Home Depot (sorry B&Q)?

Overall this Story was my favorite out of the five.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=18561