Subject: Episode 9: The Lost Boy

Posted on: November 13 2007 @ 12:22 AM
By: tarashnat

Content:

What a great episode. there were two major twists leading to the cliffhanger that were just totally unexpected by me. The return of the Slitheen was one thing, but then to have the thing I most disliked in the series—Mr. Smith—actually turn out to be the villain of the piece was sheer genius. There was also a good mix of stuff that school kids deal with like friends moving away, playing hookey, etc. And Sarah Jane was very noble in this episode. I think that the series so far has far exceeded my expectations. And they were not low, either. This series appeals to the child in us.

Replies:

Episode 9: The Lost Boy

Posted on: November 13 2007 @ 08:22 AM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
What a great episode. there were two major twists leading to the cliffhanger that were just totally unexpected by me. [/QUOTE]

Whose's are pretty big spoilers there taras - what about a 'spoiler' warning in the thread title?

Cheers, daveac

Posted on: November 14 2007 @ 04:08 PM
By: Tardis-Knight

Content:

Excellent episode - despite the fact I've never liked the Slitheen (although they do make great action figures).

The whole missing child/is he/isn't he their son aspect to the story was really good, and I also liked the spoilt little brat scientist.

Taras - I'd disagree on this though, I liked Mr Smith! It was a wickedly good twist & was totally unexpected, and reminded me a bit of the "They called me the Face Of Boe" shocker (albeit in sinister opposite form).

This series has been great so far.

Posted on: November 14 2007 @ 10:21 PM
By: deknaj

Content:

Wow oh wow oh wow...Doctor Who cliffhangers move over.....Sarah Jane left us with a doozy.

I remember back a few eps ago that Clyde had a bit of a run in with Mr. Smith when he was alone with him and that sort of tipped me off that there might be more to him than meets the eye. As for the return of the Slitheen....well at least it isnt the Cybermen or the Daleks...

Posted on: November 15 2007 @ 01:00 AM
By: tarashnat

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

Whose's are pretty big spoilers there taras - what about a 'spoiler' warning in the thread title?

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]
I guess the assumption is that the threads discussing the episodes that just aired will contain spoilers. If you like, I can rebadge all the episode threads in this section with a spoiler tag.

P.S. After midnight, I forget little things like spoiler tags and common courtesy. Then again, to paraphrase the cliché, if courtesy were so common, more people would practice it...

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=18938