Subject: Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 02:52 PM
By: timeflight

Content:

...It may be a bit sad of me but I'm really looking forward to Time Crash... 5th Doctor... 10th Doctor in the next hour!

Replies:

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 02:58 PM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= timeflight] ...It may be a bit sad of me but I'm really looking forward to Time Crash... 5th Doctor... 10th Doctor in the next hour![/QUOTE]

Leaving now - should be on in a minute!!!

Cheers, daveac

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 03:21 PM
By: Dangermouse

Content:

How great is that - seeing Peter Davidson in the initial credits!?

AW!!! It was quite touching! And it fits into the continuity between series 3 and the Christmas special - a lot of thought went into those 7 or 8 minutes.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 03:29 PM

Content:

Loved it! I'm a big 5th Doctor fan anyway Big Grin
I'm going to put it on the tube and see how long it lasts.
Donate money here.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 03:31 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Dangermouse] How great is that - seeing Peter Davidson in the initial credits!?

AW!!! It was quite touching! And it fits into the continuity between series 3 and the Christmas special - a lot of thought went into those 7 or 8 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Really enjoyed it!

Come on we want a full multi-doctor story!!

Cheers, daveac

EDIT - should have added they had John Barrowman singing just before the Doctor Who section.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 03:33 PM
By: capricorn1

Content:

Simply Wonderful - you can really see that the people who created this really do love of the show. It's quite clear who Steven Moffat's Doctor is.

Loved the fact that they got the 'Timey Wimey' line in from blink as well.

It was fun without being silly - a 10/10 for me and I'm off to donate some money now!

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 03:35 PM

Content:

It was great how they explained the fact that he looked a bit older than he was, now they can have a muti-doctor story and have that explained. I wonder if this will act as a toe in the water for a proper multi-doctor story?

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 03:41 PM
By: Tardis-Knight

Content:

Agreed!

Touching tribute to Who of old from Who of now. The nicest thing about it was that Tennant wasnt acting. I think he really meant it.

He might've got a fresh bit of celery though, I think he was wearing that same stick last time! Loved the line about the fan.

I put a 10th Doctor Figure in the CIN raffle at work today. It's winner was very pleased!

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 03:43 PM

Content:

A few pictures (not great quality - they were taken with my mobile)

Opening credits:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Face to face:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I'm sure the whole thing will be on YouTube before the hour's out though! Old-school music too, anyone else notice that?

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 06:15 PM

Content:

Some more screen shots:

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 06:53 PM
By: Will-I-Am

Content:

I LOVED it. It actually made me cry at the end. Tennant's sincerity said it all. And I think these 8 minutes of genius fully cement Steven Moffat as the best thing to happen to Who since it returned in '05. Thank you for this, sir. Big Grin

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 07:52 PM
By: MikeD

Content:

I laughed...I cried...I loved it.

Mike

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 07:53 PM
By: lucas

Content:

You've changed the desktop theme, haven't you!?!

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 08:14 PM
By: cybercolin

Content:

Fantasic! All Peter needed was a bit more hair and we where back in 1982!

It should have been a little longer! But I still loved it!

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 08:35 PM
By: Louis

Content:

Great stuff... but it left me itching for more... I understand it was done for the love of it benefiting the CiN charity... but imagine what could have been done if it was given a proper budget and a full length running time of a regular episode (better yet, make it a two-parter)... But hey, I am pleased we got this, even though it is only 8 minutes or so.

Cheers,
Louis

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 09:04 PM
By: Ken

Content:

Touching, very touching. I loved it. 5 out of 5! The CiN special is something I'm starting to really look forward to as much as the Christmas special or any episode of the season.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 09:46 PM
By: Fairport

Content:

Absolutely brilliant. Loved every minute of it (a little under 8 minutes, I believe). I do hope this meeting will become so popular that it will urge the producers to push for a full 40+ minute episode with Peter and David.

But you want to know what I really loved about this mini-episode? Despite the jokes, it wasn't the usual bickering and whatnot we've seen in past multi-doctor stories. By the final minute of the story, the doctors did truly seem to like each other. I've been waiting for that to happen all my "Doctor Who lovin'" life.

Jay aka Fairport (Louis hates pronouncing it) aka The Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular (for those with myspace)

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 10:33 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

And Peter Davison finally fills Colin Baker's pants!

(The trousers he wears in this episode are the ones altered for Colin Baker for Caves of Androzani/The Twin Dilemma)

This was a lot of fun. Any longer, and it would have bogged down. Moffat penned a fun celebration linking the past to the present and future.

Taras

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 10:38 PM

Content:

P.S. There are wallpapers on the BBC site...

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 10:40 PM
By: merlin_mccarley

Content:

Two min. to Belgium. That and a refrence to the Helmic regulator. Bliss.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 10:44 PM
By: JeffL

Content:

Really enjoyed it. Nicely produced. It really seemed like it belonged between S3 and S4 - alomost like it could be canon(!)

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 11:23 PM
By: Smitty

Content:

Cloister bell!

"You changed the desktop theme! It's all coral! It's worse than the leopard skin!"

-cs™

Time Crash

Posted on: November 16 2007 @ 11:45 PM

Content:

My heart tells me that mini-episode is canon...and I always follow my heart.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 12:10 AM
By: Doctor Whoovie

Content:

Good Stuff.

I feel that they could use Peter Divison and/or Sylvester McCoy and/or Paul McGann quite successfully in the so-called "Doctor-lite" episode for one season, hence it would no longer be Doctor-lite.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 01:01 AM

Content:

Paul would love to come back and assume the Timelord mantle once again. But only not wearing the wig!

His curly mane was a hairpiece.

-cs™

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 01:02 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Fairport] My heart tells me that mini-episode is canon...and I always follow my heart.[/QUOTE]
Does your other heart tell you that Dimensions in TIme is canon? Twisted Evil

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 01:55 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat] [QUOTE BY= Fairport] My heart tells me that mini-episode is canon...and I always follow my heart.[/QUOTE]
Does your other heart tell you that Dimensions in TIme is canon? Twisted Evil [/QUOTE]

My other heart turns black when forced to think about Dimensions in Time. The only person to come off well in that disaster was Pertwee. Even when having to deliver silly dialogue, Jon tackled the role with the same warmth and respect we had come to expect over the years. He truly loved playing the Doctor and it still showed.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 03:31 AM

Content:

Dimensions In Time isn't even in the same universe as Time Crash!

Time Crash > Dimensions In Time

-cs™

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 07:18 AM
By: old china

Content:

That was genius. The chemistry between the Doctors was spot on. Peter Davison was MY Doctor too and seeing his name in the opening titles bought a lump to the throat.

Btw, you may have seen on OG that CiN got viewing figures of 9.4 million, peaking for the Two Doctors segment at 10.9 million! It may turn out to be the most watched piece of tv of the year!

Now, if that isn't an incentive to RTD for a proper multi-Doctor story next season, I don't know what is!

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 09:10 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= JeffL] Really enjoyed it. Nicely produced. It really seemed like it belonged between S3 and S4 - alomost like it could be canon(!) [/QUOTE]

And it explained how the ship could crash into the Tardis.

Loved it.

Cheers, daveac

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 10:12 AM
By: Mohan

Content:

God, I really loved this. I felt like I was 15 years old again with my Peter Davison Doctor Who poster still taped up on my wall. Memories just kept flooding back. Although Tom Baker is my favorite Doctor, Davison is a close second. I remember his era as the height of my being into the Doctor Who fandom.

For a Children in Need special, this story fit perfectly into the spot between Season 3 and the Christmas special and was done with heart, emotion and all the right stuff.

Perfect!

Quick comment: I tried to make a donation via the website and was told that my zip code was the correct amount of digits as I'm from North America. Any idea as to what other online form I might be able to make a donation?

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 10:22 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Mohan]
Perfect!

Quick comment: I tried to make a donation via the website and was told that my zip code was the correct amount of digits as I'm from North America. Any idea as to what other online form I might be able to make a donation?

[/QUOTE]

I used PayPal

'You can donate instantly using your PayPal account. Donations can be sent to paypalpudsey@bbc.co.uk. Visit www.paypal.co.uk for more information.'

Also you can now watch 'TimeCrash - behind the scenes' on YouTube here:-

Cheers, daveac

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 10:51 AM
By: tlsmith1963

Content:

I've never seen any of PD's era, but I really enjoyed Time Crash. It was wonderfully loony. I love "manic" 10th Doctor! I've been watching Tom Baker episodes, but now I want to watch Davison ones.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 11:04 AM

Content:

Louis - if you've got a minute I think we could do with a 'Time Crash' Poll on the front page.

Cheers, daveac

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 11:41 AM
By: shockeye07

Content:

Loved it. Very funny & very touching. Would'nt it be a good idea if the BBC made it avalible as a download on iTunes, all money going to child line of course ?

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 12:22 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= old china]Btw, you may have seen on OG that CiN got viewing figures of 9.4 million, peaking for the Two Doctors segment at 10.9 million! It may turn out to be the most watched piece of tv of the year![/QUOTE]

Not quite. It's a great rating but I'm thinging that a number of programs have had higher ratings that this year and I'm sure that the Rugby World Cup final had nearly 16 million viewers.

Mike

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 01:14 PM
By: type70

Content:

Absolutely brilliant. Fantastic even. For nearly eight minutes, I was eleven again.

I never realized just how much I loved the Fifth Doctor until seeing Time Crash.

And David Tennant continues to rock the TARDIS. The heartfelt farewell to the Fifth... pure magic.

Five non-colliding TARDISes for this one, gang. Moffat is my hero.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 01:50 PM
By: actorguy

Content:

Re: The Master

"Does he still have that rubbish beard?"

"No beard...well, a wife."

I almost wet myself. And the meltdown thread over this on OG Forum is hilarious!

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 02:21 PM

Content:

It's now on YouTube.

But I'm sure the fans here will try to make a donation if they watch it:-

Cheers, daveac

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 03:02 PM

Content:

Even better the second time!

Steven Moffat is the Doctor Who scribe.

Right up there with the late great Robert Holmes.

-cs™

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 04:03 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Smitty] Even better the second time!

Steven Moffat is the Doctor Who scribe.

Right up there with the late great Robert Holmes.

-cs™[/QUOTE]

I liked it even better the second time around as well.

Cheers,
Louis

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 04:07 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
Louis - if you've got a minute I think we could do with a 'Time Crash' Poll on the front page.

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

Done! Smile

Cheers,
Louis

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 08:40 PM

Content:

As far as I'm concerned this is canon!

Nice shout outs to the past to new and old, nice ref to LINDA.

-cs™

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 10:46 PM
By: lucas

Content:

The reference to the 5th Doctor's glasses surprised me a bit. I don't think I ever saw the Doctor wear glasses during the Davison era, but then Davison is probably the Doctor I've seen least of.

Does anyone have an image of him wearing glasses from back in the day that they can post, or can you point me to a story?

Time Crash

Posted on: November 17 2007 @ 11:22 PM

Content:

From Castrovalva

-cs™

Time Crash

Posted on: November 18 2007 @ 12:05 AM
By: Justice

Content:

i hope there will be more doctor cross overs.

i guess i'll be watching time crash on youtube.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 18 2007 @ 12:07 AM
By: seanhuxter

Content:

Well that was lovely.

You could really tell Tenant wasn't acting during the last part. "You were MY Doctor."

Well he was MY Doctor too. I started with Baker, watched all of his, and when Davison came around, he made such a refreshing change that he really became MY Doctor.

Nothing against any other Doctor, it's just that Davison hit a nerve with me, and some of his melancholy at the harshness of the universe rubbed off on me. No longer was the Doctor all smiling teeth and cockyness - now he was contemplative and when things went wrong he felt sorry. He felt the universe, he didn't just skip over it.

This was a great episode to see. Still the whole "Oh, you're a fan" thing was a bit meta-humorish, as was the "You've changed the desktop theme", but funny nonetheless.

Now the question is, when they re-air the final episode of last season, will THIS be the end, or will it be the other end, without Davison? I think it should be THIS end, but hey, that's not likely is it?

Last year's injected itself at the right time. This one inserted itself into something we've already seen, and I'm thinking they shouldn't have done that.

They should have started with the collision with the Titanic, and then have Davison appear and try to rectify the situation. That would have kept continuity up better.

But hey, who's complaining? I loved it.

Sean.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 18 2007 @ 01:31 AM

Content:

Five, "To days to come."
Ten, "All my love to long ago."

You know that had an air of formality about it. Could that be a Timelord greeting/farewell?

If not can they retcon it into that? WinkBig Grin

-cs™

Time Crash

Posted on: November 18 2007 @ 02:50 PM

Content:

I agree that this gets even better on the second viewing, the first viewing is pure fanwank (sorry for being crude) and the next time (and time after that) you can enjoy what you know is there. It's great how many magic moments Moffat has crammed in, my wife isn't a fan of the classic series and she loved it too.

I reckon this mini-episode could be a good one to introduce New-Who fans to the classic series.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 18 2007 @ 07:52 PM
By: sgb1975

Content:

Pretty cool. I agree the continuity seems a little out of whack with the Titanic crash AFTER Davison leaves, but this is such a wonderful moment for the new series, that I'm willing to look past that.

How could it have been better, apart from getting a full multi-Doctor episode or two during the regular series? Imagine the roles are reversed, and Tennant ends up in Davison's classic series Tardis...oh my!

Time Crash

Posted on: November 18 2007 @ 09:20 PM

Content:

Wow. Just for a quick episode, they could bring back Tegan, Nyssa and even Adric.

I know I'd be in fan heaven!

Sean.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 18 2007 @ 10:49 PM
By: Linquel

Content:

[QUOTE BY= sgb1975] Pretty cool. I agree the continuity seems a little out of whack with the Titanic crash AFTER Davison leaves, but this is such a wonderful moment for the new series, that I'm willing to look past that.

How could it have been better, apart from getting a full multi-Doctor episode or two during the regular series? Imagine the roles are reversed, and Tennant ends up in Davison's classic series Tardis...oh my![/QUOTE]

Maybe the whole time crash affair didn't actually last for any amount of time to an outside observer and the Children in Need version was from the perspective of the Doctor? Sorry, it's the best I can come up with. Mr. Green

I'm also four pages into the Outpost Gallifrey thread on the "beard joke" and it's killing me. Big Grin

I really did love the special. If I had to pick who MY Doctor would be, it would probably be Tom Baker (shown on WTTW in Chicago in the early- to mid-80s) but I really enjoyed Davison and grew to love Pertwee as time went on.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 19 2007 @ 01:12 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= sgb1975] Pretty cool. I agree the continuity seems a little out of whack with the Titanic crash AFTER Davison leaves, but this is such a wonderful moment for the new series, that I'm willing to look past that.

How could it have been better, apart from getting a full multi-Doctor episode or two during the regular series? Imagine the roles are reversed, and Tennant ends up in Davison's classic series Tardis...oh my![/QUOTE]

Yes! I like that. I would love to see the classic Tardis used again.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 19 2007 @ 07:02 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Linquel]

I'm also four pages into the Outpost Gallifrey thread on the "beard joke" and it's killing me. Big Grin [/QUOTE]

After finding it and reading only the first page I'm amused to be so thoroughly reminded how people can willingly miss the point so completely, so they can continue to live in the world they pretend daily exists - the one without those icky things that make them squirm when they think about them. :-)

"It could just mean he has a wife. The Doctor was asking about one thing and the Doctor said 'oh, and there's this other thing'"

Like he'd say "No he hasn't got a beard... well, a three-car garage..."

LOL!

Sean.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 20 2007 @ 09:06 AM
By: mad4plaid

Content:

(would have replied right after this showed, but the hotel I was at in London wanted the equivalent of $38/day for internet access)

I loved this. I simply teared up when 10 said, "you were MY Doctor." But then started overthinking it. I'm sure I've seen David in interviews saying Tom Baker was his Doctor. Perhaps I haven't remembered that accurately.

AFTER I finished overthinking the situation, my next thought was - It's Not Enough! I want MORE, please!

Now, I'll have to acquire it for my collection!

(by the way, compared to the other CiN specials this WAS brilliant! The Hotel Babylon seemed to fall like deadweight on the audience and Robin Hood's special left much to be desired as well. WAY too much Spice Girls from LA, not enough John Barrowman, and way too much Fearne for me!)

Time Crash

Posted on: November 21 2007 @ 01:14 PM
By: jeffreysg

Content:

To bad they can't do an episode with Paul McGann, Peter Davidson, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant with the name of the Four Doctors. That would at least complete a set of 'Doctor' titles.
The One Doctor (Big Finish)
The Two Doctors
The Three Doctors
The Four Doctors
and The Five Doctors

Yea, I know it's not going to happen, I just thought it was an amusing idea.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 23 2007 @ 02:52 AM
By: Tin Dog Podcast

Content:

This weeks show is all about time crash

Happy Birthday Doctor Who!

Click here to download this weeks show

Time Crash

Posted on: November 23 2007 @ 09:19 PM
By: Doctor Whoovie

Content:

[QUOTE BY= jeffreysg] To bad they can't do an episode with Paul McGann, Peter Davidson, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant with the name of the Four Doctors. That would at least complete a set of 'Doctor' titles.
The Two Doctors
The Three Doctors
The Four Doctors
and The Five Doctors

Yea, I know it's not going to happen, I just thought it was an amusing idea.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be great if on Nov 23rd 2008, a Seven Doctor (Tennant, Eccleston, McGann, McCoy, Baker C, Davison, Baker T)special could be broadcast for the 45th Aniversary. Even if the older members were non-doctor characters, or voice-only parts. It could be a tribute to Verity, JNT and all the others who have departed recently but were integral parts of the Who universe.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 25 2007 @ 09:28 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= mad4plaid] I'm sure I've seen David in interviews saying Tom Baker was his Doctor. Perhaps I haven't remembered that accurately.[/QUOTE]

On the 10TH Doctor At The BBC CD he definitely said he started watching in the days of Tom Baker - but also goes onto mention that he stayed with and also enjoyed Doctor # 5.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 25 2007 @ 11:07 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= jeffreysg] To bad they can't do an episode with Paul McGann, Peter Davidson, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant with the name of the Four Doctors. That would at least complete a set of 'Doctor' titles.
The Two Doctors
The Three Doctors
The Four Doctors
and The Five Doctors

Yea, I know it's not going to happen, I just thought it was an amusing idea.[/QUOTE]
I think Big Finish has the best chance of pulling off "The Four Doctors"; and they did something akin to this with Zagreus, as they had four 'Doctors' involved in the project.

Time Crash

Posted on: November 26 2007 @ 02:25 AM
By: Tin Dog Podcast

Content:

THE LINK I POSTED LAST WEEK WAS TO A FAULTY FILE. HERES THE FIXED ONE

This weeks show is all about time crash

Happy Birthday Doctor Who!

Click here to download this weeks show

Time Crash

Posted on: November 26 2007 @ 05:34 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= mad4plaid]I loved this. I simply teared up when 10 said, "you were MY Doctor." But then started overthinking it. I'm sure I've seen David in interviews saying Tom Baker was his Doctor. Perhaps I haven't remembered that accurately.[/QUOTE]

I can relate to that. When I started watching Tom Baker was the Doctor but when Peter Davison came along he definitely felt more like *my* Doctor. Not my first or necessarily my favorite but mine.

Mike

Time Crash

Posted on: December 17 2007 @ 01:57 AM
By: Justice

Content:

i've watched it and i really dug it.

i hope they do something like this again.

Time Crash

Posted on: August 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM

Content:

San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Character set.

I can't remember for sure, but I think the 10th Doctor is probably a variant and in this set, the 5th Doctor is wearing his decorative vegetable (which he wasn't on the regular, recent release). His trousers look a bit more Pimmsy too (but that could be the photo).

Time Crash

Posted on: August 23 2008 @ 01:49 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Tardis-Knight]

San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Character set.

I can't remember for sure, but I think the 10th Doctor is probably a variant and in this set, the 5th Doctor is wearing his decorative vegetable (which he wasn't on the regular, recent release). His trousers look a bit more Pimmsy too (but that could be the photo).[/QUOTE]

Fantastic... Emm.. Err... Well, the 5th Doctor looks more like the 5th Doctor as I remember him as the Doctor as opposed to how he looked in Time Crash though.

Cheers,
Louis

Time Crash

Posted on: August 23 2008 @ 08:08 AM

Content:

That's going to be the chase variant!

One per case!

-cs™

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=19015