Subject: Dr.who toys

Posted on: December 31 2007 @ 05:10 PM
By: jaymerose

Content:

I only recently got a zune and being a Dr. Who fan I looked up Dr. Who podcasts. I love the show and find it very entertaining =]. I am going in order from first to last of course and not being very far, I found the topic of a sonic screwdriver being hard to get... I have found a site that I really enjoy browsing and its called www.thinkgeek.com and they sell Dr. Who t-shirts tardis usb ports as well as sonic screw drivers among other things. I have no idea if you guys have talked about it later on in your podcasts as I am just starting the series, I just found it interesting.

cheers.

Replies:

Dr.who toys

Posted on: December 31 2007 @ 10:00 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

When the sonic screwdriver toy first came out, it was only available in the UK market, and since there was no distribution deal for the US market in place at the time, many US fans and specialty shops were putting a strain on supplies of the item. The situation got better as the more product became available later, but depending upon where you are used to finding your merchandise, some of the sources may not have restocked the item.

Dr.who toys

Posted on: March 14 2008 @ 03:54 PM
By: Sideburn Zombie

Content:

I just found a Sonic Screwdriver in a Hobby Shop. 12.99 plus tax. Not a bad deal. It seems every Friday I find something Doctor Who related.

Dr.who toys

Posted on: March 14 2008 @ 05:24 PM
By: seanhuxter

Content:

I believe I reviewed the Sonic Screwdriver in one of the podcasts. I also reviewed it for the Sci Fi Channel.

It's fairly widely available now, thankfully, and is in its second version, with a different colored handle.

Dr.who toys

Posted on: March 14 2008 @ 06:09 PM

Content:

There are two Sonic Screwdriver toys:

* Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver Flashlight
* Doctor Who Electronic Sonic Screwdriver Replica

Underground Toys has the first listed for $12.99 and the latter for $17.99, so be sure you are getting the one you want. The Replica has a removable pen nib and invisible ink nib with a UV light and sound effects.

The flashlight has a bright blue LED, but I'm not sure if it has any sound effects.

Dr.who toys

Posted on: March 15 2008 @ 02:30 AM
By: Smitty

Content:

You know I saw something like that tucked away in the back of my girlfriend's bedside table.

I didn't know she was a Whovian!

Don't know why it had bumps on the top of it or the different speeds.

Okay I'm done!

I just put the thread down into the pages of Penthouse Forum!

-cs™

Dr.who toys

Posted on: March 15 2008 @ 03:04 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Smitty] You know I saw something like that tucked away in the back of my girlfriend's bedside table.

I didn't know she was a Whovian!

Don't know why it had bumps on the top of it or the different speeds.

Okay I'm done!

I just put the thread down into the pages of Penthouse Forum!

-cs™[/QUOTE]

Settle down...

Dr.who toys

Posted on: July 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
By: Sideburn Zombie

Content:

Has anybody heard when the 4th 5th and 6th doctor toys will be out? My top 3 favorite Doctors in toy form. I can wait.

Dr.who toys

Posted on: July 14 2008 @ 03:14 PM
By: Tardis-Knight

Content:

Supposedly 18tb August - but these things are always either late or early.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=19624