Subject: Anyone know when SJA series 1 will be released on DVD?

Posted on: January 03 2008 @ 05:43 AM
By: Doctor Slug

Content:

i already bought invasion of the bane on DVD, and i thought it was quite good, and tthe extra's were quite good too, i really would like the rest of the series on DVD to complete it upto date, as i already have all doctor who and torchwood upto date.

Replies:

Anyone know when SJA series 1 will be released on DVD?

Posted on: January 03 2008 @ 10:48 AM
By: tarashnat

Content:

Amazon.co.uk is listing Sarah Jane Adventures - Revenge of Slitheen & Eye of Gorgon as having an 18th of March 2008 release date.

Posted on: January 03 2008 @ 12:49 PM
By: Dalzo

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Doctor Slug] i already bought invasion of the bane on DVD, and i thought it was quite good, and tthe extra's were quite good too, i really would like the rest of the series on DVD to complete it upto date, as i already have all doctor who and torchwood upto date.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered "Invasion Of The Bane" but on the website I ordered from it stated "Interactive Menu's" as the only extras. Are there more? If so, what are they? Also, as they appear to be staggering the release of the season does anybody know if they plan to release it as a boxset with extras as they do with the Doctor Who DVD releases?

Posted on: January 03 2008 @ 01:20 PM

Content:

I haven't watched my DVD (SJA—Bane) yet as my multi-region DVD player is on the fritz, and I've been too busy when at my computer to pop in the DVD...

Posted on: March 12 2008 @ 08:03 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
Amazon.co.uk is listing Sarah Jane Adventures - Revenge of Slitheen & Eye of Gorgon as having an 18th of March 2008 release date.[/QUOTE]

According to Amazon now, the release date is January 2009!? Not too happy about this I have to admit!!!

Posted on: March 12 2008 @ 08:07 AM
By: Tin Dog Podcast

Content:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3441174/The-Sarah-Jane-Adventures/Product.html?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Films-_-Television-_-The+Sarah+Jane+Adventures&source=5061&engine=froogle_film&keyword=The+Sarah+Jane+Adventures+DVD

here it is

Posted on: March 12 2008 @ 10:30 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Tin Dog Podcast] http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3441174/The-Sarah-Jane-Adventures/Product.html?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Films-_-Television-_-The+Sarah+Jane+Adventures&source=5061&engine=froogle_film&keyword=The+Sarah+Jane+Adventures+DVD

here it is[/QUOTE]

That is the DVD of "Invasion Of The Bane" which was broadcast on 1st January 2007. I am more concerned with the full first season. I am just confused as to why we are having to wait so long!

Posted on: March 12 2008 @ 11:08 AM
By: Joshua Lou

Content:

I guess it'll take FOREVER for the Region 1 release here in North America... bummer.

Posted on: March 12 2008 @ 11:15 AM
By: MikeD

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Joshua Lou]

I guess it'll take FOREVER for the Region 1 release here in North America... bummer.[/QUOTE]

Actually if the lead time for the R2 release really is as long as that there's no reason that an R1 release couldn't come out at about the same time.

Mike

Posted on: March 12 2008 @ 12:02 PM
By: Linquel

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
I haven't watched my DVD (SJA—Bane) yet as my multi-region DVD player is on the fritz, and I've been too busy when at my computer to pop in the DVD...[/QUOTE]

You can play different region DVDs on your computer? My DVD drive is region locked. I think I changed it once to copy something, but I noticed then that it only let you change it so many times before fully locking down, so once I changed it back to R1 I didn't mess with it. Not that it matters, as I have a region-free player. But I'm just curious.

Posted on: March 12 2008 @ 01:29 PM
By: mad4plaid

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Joshua Lou]

I guess it'll take FOREVER for the Region 1 release here in North America... bummer.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that in the US, the dvd will be available after the show airs on the SciFi channel... perhaps after it airs two or three times.

Posted on: March 12 2008 @ 01:53 PM
By: MikeD

Content:

[QUOTE BY= mad4plaid] I'm guessing that in the US, the dvd will be available after the show airs on the SciFi channel... perhaps after it airs two or three times.[/QUOTE]

It's already aired in Canada and scheduled to air in the US soon so this is going to happen anyway with the R2 release currently scheduled for January 2009.

Mike

Posted on: March 12 2008 @ 02:13 PM

Content:

There may be a good reason for delaying its release to the "gap" year...

Posted on: July 23 2008 @ 07:37 PM
By: Smitty

Content:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sarah-Jane-Adventures-Season-1/10127

^SJA Season 1 released to Region 1 in USA and Canada October 7th!

-cs™

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=19671