Subject: How to Watch McCoy Episodes?

Posted on: January 16 2008 @ 10:09 PM
By: Mohan

Content:

After listening to the podcast that discusses Sylvester McCoy's era, I realized that I've never seen some of his episodes. Can you tell me how I might be able to watch Dragonfire, Battlefield and Silver Nemesis? I don't believe either exist as DVDs for Region 1 (I'm in the USA).

I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Replies:

How to Watch McCoy Episodes?

Posted on: January 16 2008 @ 10:27 PM
By: Justice

Content:

i think it would be a good idea to start with the dvds that are avalable.

Remembrance of the daleks, the curse of fenric, ghost light*

*though i hear its a odd story.

Posted on: January 16 2008 @ 10:52 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

Video tapes (VHS) may be available for sale on Ebay or maybe some places still have tapes for rent.

But the best chance may be your public library. I hear the NY Public Library has all the classic Doctor Who videos. If you have a VCR, this may be the least painful option.

Posted on: January 17 2008 @ 03:02 AM
By: Tin Dog Podcast

Content:

I HONESTLY THOUGHT SOME ONE WAS GOING TO ANSWER

"Through Rose Tinted Glasses"

Posted on: January 17 2008 @ 05:48 AM

Content:

Thank you. Honestly, I'm not going to drag out and connect my VCR again and then hunt down VHS copies. I was hoping someone knew if there was an online service I could watch the episodes as I know I won't want to buy them. As I'm in the Philadelphia area, I don't have access to the NY library.

On Netflix, I'm able to rent the readily available DVDs (I've seen Survival, Remembrance of the Daleks, Ghost Light [wow, what a weird one] and The Curse of Feneric within the last 5 months). And I'm also able to use the "Watch Now" part of Netflix to watch other Doctor's episodes online which is really nice. Unfortunately, there aren't many left that I haven't seen. I'm getting down to the ones that haven't been released on DVD yet. Frown

Posted on: January 17 2008 @ 07:44 AM
By: geekweekFL

Content:

i seem to notice that "RED EYE" flights to old blighty show many Mccoy episodes.

Posted on: January 17 2008 @ 12:34 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

Doctor Who on Vuze has some of the classic series available, and it is a legal service where you can rent a limited collection of classic episodes for $0.99. The selection is not that huge, but this service is still in beta. (I haven't tried it, as I have all but one of the surviving episodes on VHS minus one, and all of the released R1 DVDs and the TV Movie on R2 DVD, so a rental service doesn't make sense for me for Doctor Who.) There are a few McCoys, but I think all of those are on DVD. They do have Deadly Assassin, though.

Posted on: January 17 2008 @ 09:10 PM

Content:

Thank you. I was hoping that there might be some legal download service. But if they only have the ones on DVD, that won't help me.

As it's 2008, wouldn't it be great, if companies got together and put the content out there for people to get?

At the rate the DVDs are coming out, my grandkids will see probably not see everything released on DVD.

Posted on: January 17 2008 @ 10:01 PM
By: Troy19792007

Content:

Why not try YouTube?

Posted on: January 17 2008 @ 10:07 PM
By: mad4plaid

Content:

Don't have much to add to the discussion, but Survival is also available on DVD.

All four are available on Netflix, "Curse of Fenric" and "Ghost Light" are on their Watch Now, if you get Netflix.

Posted on: January 21 2008 @ 12:07 PM
By: silvanthalas

Content:

There are... other ways... of getting the episodes, although I'm unsure of their available at this exact moment.

It's how I've gotten my Who fix for the episodes not currently available on DVD.

And Battlefield is still my favorite story of the original series. Smile

Posted on: June 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
By: JeffL

Content:

Unless you can get your hands on the old VHS versions, you will have to settle for the four available DVD's. Although "Battlefield" is supposed to be coming out sometime in the near future.

I taped them all off my local PBS station back in 89-90 but the tapes are old and worn and difficult to watch.

Posted on: June 22 2008 @ 07:35 PM
By: LockeRomero

Content:

http://youtube.com/user/mccoyrulz
Has all of them except Ghost Light

Posted on: June 23 2008 @ 04:04 AM
By: shockeye07

Content:

In case you didn't know, Battlefield is coming out on DVD (In the UK) in November.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=19885