Subject: Looking to trade Infinite Quest DVD for...

Posted on: January 19 2008 @ 01:27 AM
By: Cowboy76

Content:

Hi gang,

My wife was an absolute sweetheart while she was in England and got me the Infinite Quest DVD as a surprise. Unfortunately, we don't have an all region or region-2 DVD player. Sooo, if anyone is interested, I am willing to swap it. I'm not really in the market for anything in particular, but I'm always down for Character Options stuff, or Big Finish audios. You can email me or send me a private message if interested. I'll post my regular email below. I'm happy to send pictures of the DVD too. contact me at: ryty76@gmail.com

-Ryan

Replies:

Looking to trade Infinite Quest DVD for

Posted on: January 19 2008 @ 02:44 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

Won't it play on your computer with VLC?

Posted on: January 21 2008 @ 05:27 PM

Content:

I can only change the region so many times and then it locks. I already have an "other means" copy. Just wanted to see if somebody else wanted it who had that type of player.

Posted on: January 21 2008 @ 05:55 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

For most DVD drives you do not need to change you region code with VLC. The Matsushita drives in the MacBook Pro are one of the exceptions. Oh how it upsets me!!! Frown

Posted on: January 21 2008 @ 08:58 PM
By: Doctor Whoovie

Content:

There's a little utility called "DVD for Free" which makes all DVDs on your computer look region free. It is freeware for the PC. Very useful for all those region 2 DVDs which have been legally bought. My entire 2005 series DVDs are region 2, as is my Dr Who movie, TORCHWOOD DVDs and my Blake'7 collection.

Great for watching things on the PC. I do have a region free DVD player, but always get some banding on the TV when it converts.

Posted on: February 19 2008 @ 08:35 PM
By: Louis

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
For most DVD drives you do not need to change you region code with VLC. The Matsushita drives in the MacBook Pro are one of the exceptions. Oh how it upsets me!!! Frown [/QUOTE]

There are also tools out there that will allow you to make a back-up copy of your disc and strip off the region coding in the process. Wink

Cheers,
Louis

Posted on: February 23 2008 @ 12:42 AM

Content:

Nice, I'll check those out.

If only I had been back to this post before Gallifrey, I would have come away with more DVDs!

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=19928