Subject: CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 03 2008 @ 07:27 AM
By: daveac

Content:

Firstly I think CIA needs this new thread (with a better thread title) to post podcast details, dates, times & updates - along with any feedback or comments.

I know West is pretty busy so I hope he doesn't mind me starting it and that it's OK with Louis.

So there should be a CIA podcast today - Sunday 3rd Feb at 1pm EST.

Likely starting topic 'More Torchwood' as there have been 2 more episodes since last week and hopefully the 'new Torchwood' should be emerging.

After that we can move to other subjects if wanted.

I've emailed West about setting up the podcast - but if his work gets in the way I'll schedule it myself.

Sorry about not doing CIA last week but by the time Podshock ended we'd all been on TalkShoe for over 2 hours.

Cheers, daveac

Replies:

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 03 2008 @ 12:13 PM
By: geekweekFL

Content:

this is an excellent idea dave! dave is an excellent host, and he more than takes the reigns when im not around. CIA is for everyone, not just me, so come and enjoy. ill try to be there by the end of the podcast.

cheers
west

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 17 2008 @ 09:59 AM

Content:

There should be a CIA podcast today in the 1pm EST timeslot.

I haven't heard from West yet but it's not even 10am for him so I'll wait a short while and if no CIA is set on TalkShoe I'll do so myself.

I would expect to start on Torchwood again as we have only really talked about the first two episodes ie up to 'Sleeper'

So we have:-
'To the Last Man'
'Meat'
'Adam'
'Reset'

And there's also 'Ashes to Ashes' if we wish

EDIT - we can leave out any of the above episodes if not enough people have had a chance to watch ie. 'To the Last Man' and 'Meat' could take up the whole of the show.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 23 2008 @ 10:46 AM

Content:

Just a quick post to say there will be a CIA on Sunday at 1pm EST - no Podshock LIVE that day.

Just had an email from West to say it's on.

Hopefully it will continue on Torchwood - with maybe a recap for 'podshockers' who missed last week.

And there are plenty of other topics to follow if needed.

I hope to be there from the start but I am helping my daughter move stuff that day so may arrive late.

Cheers, daveac

EDIT - maybe we might here a short account from anyone who went to the 19 Symphony - without spoiling Louis and Ken's reports.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 24 2008 @ 11:49 AM
By: Joshua Lou

Content:

Looking forward to checking out CIA (can't imagine why I haven't already)... I'll subscribe this week and start "catching up".

Cheers, Dave!

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 24 2008 @ 12:01 PM
By: James

Content:

Thanks for the update Dave.

I'll definitely be contributing this week.

Speak soon!

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 24 2008 @ 12:51 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= James] Thanks for the update Dave.

I'll definitely be contributing this week.

Speak soon![/QUOTE]

I've just got in and settled - helping my daughter today - but I see West has set the start time for 2pm EST time.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 02 2008 @ 09:15 AM

Content:

I'm expecting there to be a CIA today (Sunday 2nd March) at 1pm EST.

I haven't heard from West yet - but it's still early Sunday moring for him.

Topic? torchwood, Primeval, Ashes to Ashes - take your pick (or whatever West comes up with)

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 02 2008 @ 10:13 AM
By: jaki bruja

Content:

nice 1 skipper,
i'm up to date with torchwood/super zombie & i caught the 1st series of primeval & 2 of the second series,so feel free to go there..
hope to speak to ya in while,stay fresh,blessed bez,outz

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 02 2008 @ 01:10 PM

Content:

Ready to start guys!!!

daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 02 2008 @ 01:11 PM
By: cybercolin

Content:

Dave, its seems the pro verison of talkshoe isn't working, but I think the web cilent works, try that.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 02 2008 @ 01:24 PM
By: merlin_mccarley

Content:

It's working now. Talking Torchwood, A2A, and Primeval. In there now.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 02 2008 @ 02:36 PM

Content:

Thanks all who came to CIA today - But terrible problems!!

I think it's still running!!!

Merlin is hoping to bring it up with Talkshoe.

At least twice it froze - and tossed us all off once.

The recording started after I rejoined and was 'chating' for 25 minutes BEFORE the show really started.

Then we ended up with the dreaded echo - so I decided to end the show - BUT it wouldn't let me.

Said I wasn't dialled it - but by then I was useing ShoePhone and was in as West!

Merlin thinks it will auto-end after 10 minutes without the host - infact that may have been what stopped it in the middle?!? I was in as daveac and West.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 02 2008 @ 02:52 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

Merlin thinks it will auto-end after 10 minutes without the host - infact that may have been what stopped it in the middle?!? I was in as daveac and West.

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

Seems to have ended now.

Thanks Merlin

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 02 2008 @ 03:16 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

Seems to have ended now.

Thanks Merlin

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

Right - sorry to follow myself - but I've just downloaded the 'show' (I use that word lightly!!) - it's 1hr 49 mins long BUT only about 33 minutes is real show.

I'm going to try to edit it and upload the shortened version - so if you like pain download the long version quickly before I find a way to upload a cleaned-up version.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 02 2008 @ 03:59 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

Right - sorry to follow myself - but I've just downloaded the 'show' (I use that word lightly!!) - it's 1hr 49 mins long BUT only about 33 minutes is real show.

I'm going to try to edit it and upload the shortened version - so if you like pain download the long version quickly before I find a way to upload a cleaned-up version.

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

33 minute version now up!

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 02 2008 @ 06:41 PM

Content:

Well thank goodness I uploaded a shortened version of CIA I'm jabbering away and poor jakiwitch1 is trying to talk to me.

It's like an episode of Randell & Hopkirk - Deceased Confused

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 04 2008 @ 12:30 AM
By: romana_II

Content:

oh no! I missed it Frown

can someone please post here the day before the podcast (I generally check here every day), or if possible schelude it on the talkshoe page the day or two days before.

Being on the otherside of the world my timezone is very different, 1pm Sunday afternoon in America is 5am Monday morning in Australia.
I have to set my alarm for 4.55am the night before to come on to the podcast, so I need to know when and if it's on with a little more notice than a couple of hours.

I'm really sorry for the big whine, but I love coming on, I had such fun last week, so I'm really sad that I missed it, despite the tech problems it had.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 04 2008 @ 09:29 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] oh no! I missed it Frown

can someone please post here the day before the podcast (I generally check here every day), or if possible schelude it on the talkshoe page the day or two days before.

[/QUOTE]

Hi RomanaII - sorry you missed it.

I posted here earlier in the day that I would start the show - but I only do that when it looks like West won't make it - it's his show afterall.

Sometimes he's let me know by email he can't make it and then I post - and sometimes quickly setup a Cast.

The general rule is that if Podshock is not on at 1pm EST then CIA will take it's place - although remember CIA doesn't just cover Dr Who, we cover most SF and other British TV as well.

One thing to note - I think this coming weekend the US and Canada move onto Summer Time (is that 'spring back' 1 hour?) EDIT is that called 'Eastern Daylight Time EDT?- whilst here in the UK we don't change until 30th March.

Also note there don't seem to be Live Podshocks currently - but I think they will be weekly once Series 4 of Dr Who starts here in the UK.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 04 2008 @ 08:35 PM

Content:

thanks dave.
I think I'll assume there's one on everyweek from now on, and if it's not, I can just go back to sleep.

Let us know when the daylight savings finishs in Amercia, since I don't know how that'll mess up my time, 4am is alot earlier than I would like, but if that's the case, I might be able to still come on CIA even after podshock starts reviewing series 4.
But then again, Daylight savings here starts end of March too.

damn daylight saving, oh how you confuse me.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 08 2008 @ 09:53 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] thanks dave.
I think I'll assume there's one on everyweek from now on, and if it's not, I can just go back to sleep.

damn daylight saving, oh how you confuse me.[/QUOTE]

I expect there to be a CIA on Sunday - but not sure of the time 1pm Eastern Daylight Time??

Anyway an hour earlier here in the UK.

Again West or myself will set it up that morning.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 09 2008 @ 09:58 AM

Content:

I've just setup a CIA Podcast for 1pm EDT.

I have to go out for a couple of hours so had to set the show now in case West coundn't later.

I've emailed him with the info.

This will be ONE HOUR EARLIER for people not in the US or Canada. ie 5pm in the UK - 4am (Sorry) in Australia I think.

So other time zones will change and everything will get back to normal.

Topic? Well we'll start with Torchwood - quick review and a look at 'Someting Borrowed' - and the Open Mike' so to speak - or West's choice.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 09 2008 @ 11:01 AM

Content:

thanks dave,so we're on the same timezone here in spain for the first time...all good,i'll be there,hope to catch everyone,blessed bez,peace outz...

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 09 2008 @ 12:46 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= jaki bruja] thanks dave,so we're on the same timezone here in spain for the first time...all good,i'll be there,hope to catch everyone,blessed bez,peace outz... [/QUOTE]

Great - we want new listenners - and chatters!

Starting in 15 minutes.

CIA - TalkShoe ID 30659#

SIP number to call in free 123@66.212.134.192

OR phone in in US 7244447444

I'll join in as daveac - unless West is away - then I'd come back in as 'Guest Host'

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 09 2008 @ 02:12 PM

Content:

CIA just ended - many thanks to jakiwitch1 for 'co-hosting'

Sorry that the time change caught some people out. Sorry RomanaII - who arrived almost at the same moment I ended the recording - go back to sleep (5am in Australia)

You can download now from iTunes or go here:-

TalkShoe - CIA

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 09 2008 @ 09:50 PM

Content:

bugger Cry
I really want to try out my new mic.

Thanks for thinking of me Dave, I did go back to bed, and back to sleep about 20 minutes later. ^_^

Unfortnately in order to come on that early in the morning I had to go to sleep at the absolute latest 12am Sunday night (since I have work that Monday morning) which in England time is 1pm Sunday afternoon and American time is 6 or 7am Sunday morning, I checked this thread and talkshoe the second I go to sleep and then set my alarm, but there wasn't anything about it being an hour early up at that time I checked here.
Nothing much I can do but assume it's now on at 4am til Daylight savings starts over here.

When I finally do make it back on, can I give a brief overview on my throughts of Torchwood eps 8 and 9?

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 09 2008 @ 10:57 PM

Content:

Hey 'guys', sorry I missed yer yesterday, but it was my birthday, so I was as drunk as an Aussie at a 'drink as much as you can, cos we we beat the English (again!)' contest (sorry Sam!).

But on the Saturday I met Sophie Aldred at an event in Manchester. To say she was my version of 'Dave's Zoe' is an understatement! She was lovely and I can't wait for her next audio!

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 10 2008 @ 07:25 AM

Content:

it's all right mate, I'm a very un-Australian Australian being half English myself. I'm thrilled when Australia loses, simply because we win all the time, it gets boring.

Happy Birthday for yesterday, hope to hear from you next time.
I love Sophie too, but my version of "Dave's Zoe" besides the 10th doctor would have to be Jamie. I just love my Scottish boys in Kilts ^_^

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 14 2008 @ 10:48 AM

Content:

big respect to yerself again dave for the show just gone,appologies for not posting sooner,but i came down with the worst flu i've ever had in my life this week,hopefully i have it licked now after 3 almost complete blackouts...i saw the latest episode though,however i was still so ill it seems just a dream,i'll watch it again over the weekend to get a clearer perspective...i think there was a wierd parallel between my virus & those sinister charactors,i remember that much!
hope we kept things flowing for the talkcast,cheers again dave...thanx for trying romana II,i dug jamies style aswell,reminds me of underground parties when people started swaping clothes with the opposite gender...a tartan jumper or shirt looked like a kilt or skirt when worn around the waist after it got hot..good transgender fashion for the time...about the time derrick may's: transmat records got detroit electronic music noticed ironically..

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 14 2008 @ 07:23 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= jaki bruja] big respect to yerself again dave for the show just gone,appologies for not posting sooner,but i came down with the worst flu i've ever had in my life this week,hopefully i have it licked now after 3 almost complete blackouts...

hope we kept things flowing for the talkcast,cheers again dave...thanx for trying romana II, [/QUOTE]

Thanks Jaki - with your help we at least got some sort of a show out.

I was sorry that we missed RomanaII - I stopped the recording just as she seemed to appear.

Hopefully West will be back running the show on Sunday and people will have sorted out the earlier time.

Whether we stick with Torchwood - or move onto Primeval or even talk about Ashes to Ashes (which IS getting better to my mind) I don't know.

I hope people will check this thread out early Sunday.

Thanks again for helping to make the show happen - and I hope you are well soon.

EDIT - West has just posted a CIA for Sunday:-

here

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 14 2008 @ 10:05 PM

Content:

I've just gone back to Episode 30 ( not the last episode) - the 31 minute episode with just me and jaki with audio and tried to tidy it up a bit more.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM

Content:

Just noticed that West has set the CIA show to start at 2pm EDT not 1pm EDT

So in the UK that will be 6pm - 7pm for Jaki in Europe and 5am (I think) for RomanaII in Australia.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 15 2008 @ 03:05 PM

Content:

FYI, even though many of the CIA shows are scheduled on the fly if you follow the show from the show
page CIA TalkShoe Page you get a notification via e-mail of upcomming shows.
Same goes for the Podshock TalkShoe Page.
You have to be logged in to follow and followers are shown in the top right hand corner of the page.

Cheers,
Mike

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 16 2008 @ 12:14 PM

Content:

i don't think i'll make this one...i'm shattered still from this damn flu..,hopefully i'll be more lively for the next one,appologies,have a good un'..

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 16 2008 @ 01:56 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= jaki bruja] i don't think i'll make this one...i'm shattered still from this damn flu..,hopefully i'll be more lively for the next one,appologies,have a good un'.. [/QUOTE]

Having trouble getting the TalkShoe site - I hope there aren'yt problems!

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 16 2008 @ 02:02 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac] [QUOTE BY= jaki bruja] i don't think i'll make this one...i'm shattered still from this damn flu..,hopefully i'll be more lively for the next one,appologies,have a good un'.. [/QUOTE]

Having trouble getting the TalkShoe site - I hope there aren'yt problems!

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

Can't get into TalkShoe - anyone else having problems?

Is West there and the show running?

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 16 2008 @ 03:46 PM

Content:

Well CIA ended up being a great if a strange show - technical difficulties again.

However if you are a fan of Torchwood there was plenty of lively chat about it.

The show is already up on iTunes - TalkShoe still seems a bit slow today - at least here in the UK.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 16 2008 @ 10:23 PM

Content:

Sorry I missed the 'fun' again, Dave. I was dying to press my insluts, sorry, my views on the latest TW episode. I will be definitely there next week!

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 23 2008 @ 01:53 PM

Content:

CIA

About to start folks!!

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 23 2008 @ 04:24 PM

Content:

Right - a quick update folks!

I ended up Hosting CIA along with jakiwitch1 and RomanaII today.

However because I have to use ShoePhone to control the recording - and Skype to add my audio - the start got a bit messed up.

Because there was a lot of noise on the line as I did the intro I did a 'mute all' as Host - but of course I now realise that in doing so I muted myself as 'daveac' calling in.

So the first 1 and a half is silence.

Well as I'm writing this post I'm uploading a version with that time 'chopped out'

So the CIA will just jump straight in!

The topic is again Torchwood - discussing Episodes 11 'Adrift' and 12 'Fragments'

Because Torchwood is changing days the last episode 'Exit Wounds' will not have airred by next Sunday so unless West over-rules - CIA next week will be about 'Ashes to Ashes' which will just have come to the end of it's run by then - and in two weeks a wrap on Torchwood.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 30 2008 @ 11:04 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
Right - a quick update folks!

Because Torchwood is changing days the last episode 'Exit Wounds' will not have airred by next Sunday so unless West over-rules - CIA next week will be about 'Ashes to Ashes' which will just have come to the end of it's run by then - and in two weeks a wrap on Torchwood.

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

West has set CIA to start at 2pm EDT - just under 3 hours from this post.

Here in the UK that will be 7pm as our clocks went forward 1 hour this morning.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: April 04 2008 @ 03:20 AM

Content:

Hi,
Just letting you know that my friends and I will be able to come on the podcast this Monday as long as it's after 6am Australian Time which would be around 4 - 5pm Eastern American time (New YorK).
So in other words the later you can have the show the better for me and my friends.
But if I don't manage to make it on, hope you guys have a good Torchwood wrap up.

byes!

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: April 04 2008 @ 10:53 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] Hi,
Just letting you know that my friends and I will be able to come on the podcast this Monday as long as it's after 6am Australian Time which would be around 4 - 5pm Eastern American time (New YorK).
So in other words the later you can have the show the better for me and my friends.
But if I don't manage to make it on, hope you guys have a good Torchwood wrap up.

byes![/QUOTE]

West has just setup the CIA for Sunday (your Monday!) at 2.30 EDT

But He's put the subject - 'End of Torchwood'

So the first part on the podcast should be about the final episode of Torchwood that airs today in the UK 'Exit Wounds' and then I suppose a roundup of the whole series.

That should take up a good half hour or more - so if we hopefully get on to talking about 'Ashes to Ashes' - which we have put off for a couple of weeks - then it will be after 3pm EDT (not EST)

EDIT - with the technical startup problems we often have it could be nearer to 3.30pm by the time we get to 'Ashes to Ashes' which I know you spent a whole night watching last week ready for the podcast.

Has Australia moved onto Summer time - will that be 6am by then? I hope so.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: April 06 2008 @ 05:39 AM

Content:

Alas, you've put it way too early for me (it's coming up as 4.30am when I check talkshoe)
If I was at home back in Sydney I would come on at that time without a second guess, but I've been told by my friends parents whom I'm staying with in Brisbane that we can't go on until 7am Brisbane time.

It's not fair Frown
I'm quite sad I'm going to miss it.

But yes, Australia has finished Daylight Savings today (sunday) yet I've been in Brisbane (which has no daylight savings) for the last couple of days.

Cry

Oh well, you guys have a great show, I'll be on next time... and when I do, can I give a quick review on my throughts of Torchwood and Ashes to Ashes.
Please... Frown

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: April 06 2008 @ 04:58 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II]

Oh well, you guys have a great show, I'll be on next time... and when I do, can I give a quick review on my throughts of Torchwood and Ashes to Ashes.
Please... Frown

[/QUOTE]

We had a great show - but left 'Ashes to Ashes' until you can join us. Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: April 07 2008 @ 08:50 AM

Content:

That's great to hear, will have to download it and listen once I've seen the last episode of Torchwood (got back into Sydney late this afternoon and the new Doctor Who episode was priority one on my watching list.)

Thanks for leaving Ashes to Ashes for me, I really appreciate that and can't wait till next time.
I will be on next week, even if I do have to come on at 4am.
At least I'll be home this time.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 03 2008 @ 12:16 PM

Content:

CIA West seems to be doing a special at 2pm EST.

today

here

Don't know if I'll make it as Drwho will be just finishing about then here in the UK

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 03 2008 @ 02:09 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA West seems to be doing a special at 2pm EST.

today

here

Don't know if I'll make it as Drwho will be just finishing about then here in the UK

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

NOw seems to be at 3pm!

Can't join then - out at the Pub!

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 25 2008 @ 10:49 AM

Content:

I don't know yet if there will be a CIA today.

I've emailed West but not heard back yet.

I't possible I'll run one if he's not about.

That would likely be 1pm EDT - unless West sets up for a different start time

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 25 2008 @ 11:50 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

Just checked TalkShoe and West has setup a CIA podcast for 2pm EDT

here

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 25 2008 @ 01:36 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac] [QUOTE BY= daveac]

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

Just checked TalkShoe and West has setup a CIA podcast for 2pm EDT

here

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

Ian - The Sixth Doctor - will be hosting CIA with West phoning in - starts in 25 minutes - please come and join in

From Ian
'we are gonna pimp Wrath Of Con for a bit
but then it's just our usual show... I was thinking we could talk about the trailer... and maybe
talk some about Ashes to Ashes Smile'

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 25 2008 @ 03:56 PM

Content:

CIA just ended - but Ian 'TheSixthDoctor' has sent me a logo for the new CIA T-shirts he and West have come up with.

He's a reduced quality picture:-

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 25 2008 @ 11:27 PM
By: BenjaminElliott

Content:

Hello. Had a great time at the chat today. First time using Talkshoe (well, kinda using it - I called in on my cell phone). Hope to pop in again soon, and maybe to a Saturday edition of Podshock (or maybe a Podshock after 2PM Sunday when I could make it on).

Sorry my cell phone died right when Dave was asking me something - bad phone, bad. I was running to get the phone on a cord and call back.

Now I am on the forum here. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 25 2008 @ 11:51 PM

Content:

Guys, you've done it to me again. Frown

Please, I'm begging you, if you decide to have a CIA show on, please please please, try to schelude the show or post here, a little longer than 30mins before the show starts.
I can't be staying awake all night on the off chance that you'll be having a show.

I need to know by the latest 9-10am US time (which is 11pm - 12 midnight here) since I have to move my computer out of my room and into my living room, and that takes time and cannot be done too late in the evening.

Please, I love coming on CIA, but recently, you guys always seem to forget about me.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 26 2008 @ 12:43 AM

Content:

Romana, before everybody broke up from the current chat, it was mentioned that West wanted to have a chat next Sunday afternoon (early Monday 2 June your time), and it sounded like the plan was for 2PM Eastern Daylight Time US. West wanted a guest, which could require CIA to start on time whether or not Podshock is finished. Based on the note on the front page I imagine Doctor Who: Podshock will be at Noon Eastern Daylight Time US.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 26 2008 @ 01:26 AM

Content:

cool... I just finished listening to the recording, really sad I missed it, I would of loved to have talked about the trailer and Moffet and provided the fangirl squeeling for the announcement of Gareth David Lloyd appearing at Dragoncon, but like Ian said, red romana was sleeping. Smile

I'm up for a saturday show, but I would prefer sunday after podshock (and for when podshocks not on, for the show to be scheluded at least a day beforehand) since I have to move my PC out of my room (because my sister has threatened me with death if I don't because of my noise levels at 3am in the morning) and into the living room 4 hours before podshock starts, since I need assistance from the parentals with connecting my internet before they go to bed.
Long story short, I would prefer sundays while podshock are still doing live shows, so I don't have to move my PC two nights in a row.

Man I need a laptop.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 26 2008 @ 06:32 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II]
Please, I'm begging you, if you decide to have a CIA show on, please please please, try to schelude the show or post here, a little longer than 30mins before the show starts.

Please, I love coming on CIA, but recently, you guys always seem to forget about me.

[/QUOTE]

It was more likely because of there being no PodShock - as CIA did DO the alternate weeks when Podshock went out only every other week. And that might happen again when Series 4 finishes.

But sorry you missed it.

West did say sorry for the short notice (might have been before the recording started) but if you look at this thread I posted at 12.16 - 1hour 44mins before the start time that West had setup a show - and earlier - at 10.49 I posted that I would most likely do a show.
But of course I was waiting to see if West replied to my email first.

Sorry again, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 26 2008 @ 06:36 AM

Content:

Great show guys, sorry I missed it. I'm sure you missed my usual brainless heckling from the chat! Rolling Eyes

I found the 'Which WHO monster would you bring back' question quite intresting. I would go for the Eternals, from the 'Enlightment' story. I found them and their whole back story quite intresting and it may work in 'The Moff's' new 'Dark WHO'.

Here's hoping we'll finally get our Ashes To Ashes and Primeval review episodes!

Cheers

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 26 2008 @ 07:01 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= cybercolin]
I found the 'Which WHO monster would you bring back' question quite intresting. I would go for the Eternals, from the 'Enlightment' story. I found them and their whole back story quite intresting and it may work in 'The Moff's' new 'Dark WHO'.

Cheers
[/QUOTE]

By the time I saw your name - it had 'greyed out'

I quite liked the Enlightenment story although I know some didn't.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 27 2008 @ 12:36 AM
By: The6thDoctor

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] Guys, you've done it to me again. Frown

I can't be staying awake all night on the off chance that you'll be having a show.

I need to know by the latest 9-10am US time (which is 11pm - 12 midnight here) since I have to move my computer out of my room and into my living room, and that takes time and cannot be done too late in the evening.

[/QUOTE]

Hey RR,
Between West, Dave and Myself (as I seem to have been adopted into the CIA)
we are going to attemp to scheudle up to 3 weeks in advance.

And to all you other lovely CIAers please feel free to
throw suggestions in here for future shows, as West has always said "It's your Show!"

The more ideas we have for disscussion topics, the easier it will be
for West, Dave and I to set up times for the show and who is
available to run it that day.

So have at it kids Smile

Ta Muchly

Ian.

C.I.A.

Cultdom In Audio

(Copyright Dave Cooper, 05/25/2008)

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 27 2008 @ 05:08 AM

Content:

It's all right Dave, thanks.
I remember I did check right before I went to bed and nothing was up.
But I'm over it now, I'm so itching to get back on CIA seeing as I haven't been on it since late March.

I see now that's been scheluded and that's fantastic, thanks for doing that guys. It really helps me out. Smile

I'll start thinking about some show topics, for after we have the con show, and the wrap up on Ashes to Ashes.

The poster looks fantastic Ian Big Grin

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 28 2008 @ 11:20 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= The6thDoctor]

Ta Muchly

Ian.

C.I.A.

Cultdom In Audio

[/QUOTE]

Ian has done a new version which might be used in future:-

The idea being that CIA talks about 'Cult' interests - Cult TV, Comics, Books, Films, Fantasy as well as SF.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 31 2008 @ 07:53 PM

Content:

well, Ian and i are at Wrath of con. so far we've interviewed Gigi Edgely from farscape, who was gracious enough to listen to two doofy guys talk about podshock, and CIA. we're about to go and talk to Richard Hatch, and may have a surprise guest on tomorrows show.

cheers
West and Ian

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 01 2008 @ 11:33 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= geekweekFL] well, Ian and i are at Wrath of con. so far we've interviewed Gigi Edgely from farscape, who was gracious enough to listen to two doofy guys talk about podshock, and CIA. we're about to go and talk to Richard Hatch, and may have a surprise guest on tomorrows show.

cheers
West and Ian[/QUOTE]

Yes folks CIA should follow PodShock at 2pm EDT - with a Live show from 'Wrath of Con'

Wrath of Con

Hopefully Confused
CIA

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 01 2008 @ 04:29 PM

Content:

Well West and Ian did a great job on this show today.

I hope they enjoy the rest of Wrath of Con

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 02 2008 @ 06:43 AM

Content:

Looks like West & Ian have put up another CIA late last night - middle of the night for me so missed it.

here

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 03 2008 @ 10:22 AM

Content:

The 'extras' on there are quailty! "West I think the recording's stopped" Big Grin

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 03 2008 @ 10:30 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= cybercolin] The 'extras' on there are quailty! "West I think the recording's stopped" Big Grin [/QUOTE]

Yes - I listenned to it myself last night - and emailed West to see if he wanted to edit the last part out - or if he wanted me to do it if he was too busy.

Get it while it's hot - a shorter version may be up soon!

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 03 2008 @ 03:42 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac] [QUOTE BY= cybercolin] The 'extras' on there are quailty! "West I think the recording's stopped" Big Grin [/QUOTE]

Yes - I listenned to it myself last night - and emailed West to see if he wanted to edit the last part out - or if he wanted me to do it if he was too busy.

Get it while it's hot - a shorter version may be up soon!

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

Personally, Dave, I'd keep that bit in the show. There were some fun comments and insights when everybody thought the taping was over. The last 6 minutes when you all left and the tape kept going could be chopped, since at that point it's just dead air. But it just feels right to keep the random patch before that. Your choice, obviously.

Those 18 1/2 blank minutes on the Nixon tapes? Just talkshoe running when he thought the machine was off. Scandal over. Big Grin

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 03 2008 @ 06:16 PM

Content:

West seems to have updated CIA

Check out the TalkShoe page:-

TalkShoe CIA page

We have a song now instead of the 'Post Report'

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 04 2008 @ 08:48 AM

Content:

Sorry about the show from the other night. talkshoe had an error that said we stopped recording. i have now put up a snippet of our conversation with Gigi Edgeley from Farscape. She is adorable. I will be posting more interviews as i get them ready. Thank you everyone for your support. Bigger things are coming!

cheers
West

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 04 2008 @ 11:18 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= geekweekFL] i have now put up a snippet of our conversation with Gigi Edgeley from Farscape. She is adorable.

cheers
West[/QUOTE]

I've uploaded a clearer version of this interview - so if you had trouble with some of the audio before - try listenning to the new version now on TalkShoe:-

here

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 07 2008 @ 09:40 AM

Content:

For RomanaII and everyone else - tomorrow there will be a CIA starting at 2pm EDT - two hours after the start of Dr Who: PodShock

EDIT - I expect West and Ian will have more to add on their Con adventure - Ian may even have come down to earth!

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 07 2008 @ 11:22 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
For RomanaII and everyone else - tomorrow there will be a CIA starting at 2pm EDT - two hours after the start of Dr Who: PodShock

EDIT - I expect West and Ian will have more to add on their Con adventure - Ian may even have come down to earth!

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

I doubt that Sir Smile Would you have come down to earth
yet if you had met and interviewed Wendy Padbury??

Are there any other topics to cover this show?

Is everyone ready for an Ashes To Ashes Season Review?

Ian "I Met Gigi Edgley" Bisset

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 07 2008 @ 12:02 PM

Content:

I understand Ian. Big Grin

Imagine if I ever met David Tennant, or Gareth David Lloyd... I don't think you could ever shut me up, plus a few eardrums might burst due to the amount of high pitched fangirl screaming.

I'm up for the Ashes to Ashes review. Been ready for it for weeks. My computer's been behaving himself for the last three weeks, I just hope he won't choose this week to be a pain again.

And an idea I had for a topic, seeing how CIA has now been dubbed 'Cultdom in Audio' why don't we talk about that. Cultdom and our experiences with it.
An idea...

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 07 2008 @ 03:25 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] I understand Ian. Big Grin

Imagine if I ever met David Tennant, or Gareth David Lloyd... I don't think you could ever shut me up, plus a few eardrums might burst due to the amount of high pitched fangirl screaming.

I'm up for the Ashes to Ashes review. Been ready for it for weeks. My computer's been behaving himself for the last three weeks, I just hope he won't choose this week to be a pain again.

And an idea I had for a topic, seeing how CIA has now been dubbed 'Cultdom in Audio' why don't we talk about that. Cultdom and our experiences with it.
An idea...[/QUOTE]

You could join my wife on the David Tennant screaming...
I'm be too busy turning into a fanboy puddle over John Barrowman Smile

Great idea for a topic my little Red Romana Wink

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 07 2008 @ 04:56 PM

Content:

great topic Romana, as always. i just want to thank all our listeners for their support over the last year. Happy Birthday CIA!

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 07 2008 @ 08:15 PM

Content:

Actually a great topic considering it is our birthday... and rebirth... or regeneration Smile

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 07 2008 @ 09:50 PM

Content:

Thanks. Big Grin
Something I've been thinking about a bit laterly, with another supanova con coming up for me in less than two weeks.

And happy birthday CIA!
huzzahs all round

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 08 2008 @ 08:01 PM

Content:

There's a new CIA special just gone up on TalkShoe and I hope iTunes.

West & Ian interviewed J Edward Holmes about his Fantasy Book at the Wrath of Con

It's just over 18minutes - enjoy!

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 15 2008 @ 07:28 AM

Content:

Just had an email from West that due to Father's Day he and Ian won't be doing CIA today - Sunday 15th June.

He may post up some other past audio.

I've said that I'll see what the response is after PodShock as to whether I will run a CIA anyway.

So it's not certain there will be a LIVE CIA today.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 15 2008 @ 04:25 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

So it's not certain there will be a LIVE CIA today.

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

CIA Went ahead and we talked more about 'Midnight' and the Trailer at the end - so again there are spoilers for those who have yet seen the episode.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 15 2008 @ 09:25 PM

Content:

Got an idea for a topic for next week.

Since the episode is called Turn Left, there seems to be an expectation of a twist in the plot, a series changing event.

Maybe we could discuss our favorite show changing plot twists. When Blake's 7 ditched Blake. Galactica (1970s) found Earth. Alfred started helping a 3rd caped figure on Batman. William Hartnell became Patrick Troughton. Barney showing off his barbeque set and deciding to eat the kids, being replaced the next season with a new Barney, different voice, and new kids. The Smurfs started time travelling. Remington Steele hired an IRS auditor as their receptionist. So You Think You Can Dance hired Cat Deeley. Anything that made a permanent impact on the shows we loved/loathed/both.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 16 2008 @ 12:03 AM

Content:

That is an awesome idea Ben!!! Consider it done!

Edit:
Show scheudled... invites sent Smile

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 16 2008 @ 07:54 AM
By: Tin Dog Podcast

Content:

is there a CIA promo?

email it to me please

tin-dog@hotmail.co.uk

cheers

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 16 2008 @ 06:09 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Tin Dog Podcast] is there a CIA promo?

email it to me please

tin-dog@hotmail.co.uk

cheers[/QUOTE]

We're working on it - I sent a 'tester' to Ian & West.

Hope it's not too long at 2m 15secs

We WILL be in touch Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 16 2008 @ 07:05 PM
By: Linquel

Content:

I had fun taking part in my first ever live podcast. Hopefully I'll be able to do so again, especially if there is a set topic and I can actually prepare some thoughts in advance. Big Grin

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 16 2008 @ 08:37 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Linquel] I had fun taking part in my first ever live podcast. Hopefully I'll be able to do so again, especially if there is a set topic and I can actually prepare some thoughts in advance. Big Grin[/QUOTE]

Tpoic already up - see below

Benjamin posted:-

Since the episode is called Turn Left, there seems to be an expectation of a twist in the plot, a series changing event.

Maybe we could discuss our favorite show changing plot twists. When Blake's 7 ditched Blake. Galactica (1970s) found Earth. Alfred started helping a 3rd caped figure on Batman. William Hartnell became Patrick Troughton. Barney showing off his barbeque set and deciding to eat the kids, being replaced the next season with a new Barney, different voice, and new kids. The Smurfs started time travelling. Remington Steele hired an IRS auditor as their receptionist. So You Think You Can Dance hired Cat Deeley. Anything that made a permanent impact on the shows we loved/loathed/both.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 17 2008 @ 06:47 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
Tpoic already up - see below

...[/QUOTE]

Yep..I saw that post. I'm already mulling over some possibilities in my mind. Looking forward to it. As long as I don't get tasked with too many chores this weekend. Smile

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 22 2008 @ 11:52 AM

Content:

Repeat post:-

Topic already up - see below

CIA 2pm EDT after PodShock today

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 22 2008 @ 02:29 PM

Content:

I can't take part in the call since my wife is working in the office. I can't wait to listen, though. I wonder if anyone will bring up Laverne and Shirley moving from Milwaukee to Los Angeles. Wink

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 23 2008 @ 08:26 AM

Content:

Yesterday's podcast was great guys! I've taken your tip on 'Tru Calling' Dave. I'll let you know how I like it!

It's a shame not many of you like the horror genre. I would love a discussion on the Amicus or Hammer films!

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 23 2008 @ 12:45 PM

Content:

It was a very fun show. Smile
And I can't believe we're really going to talk Ashes to Ashes next week. Huzzah.

For the horror thing, it's not that I'm against horror per say, I just can't stand gore.
Psychological horror I like, but I can't watch anything too graphic, like Saw and Hostel and the end of Wolf Creek.
I have watched Silent Hill and still enjoyed it.
It's a fine line for me.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 23 2008 @ 07:27 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] It was a very fun show. Smile
And I can't believe we're really going to talk Ashes to Ashes next week. Huzzah.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I'll do my best to take part. And to watch the final two eps of Ashes to Ashes. I just haven't had the time. Confused

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 23 2008 @ 07:36 PM

Content:

And for those of you who haven't got time to listen to every CIA - can't think who :-)

Here is our new 'promo'

CIA Promo MP3

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: June 24 2008 @ 08:05 AM

Content:

Just to let CIA fans know that Ian & I - West was unavailable unfortunately - made CIA's first proper 'Studio' show.

These will be in addition to the normal (did I say 'normal' in describing CIA Rolling Eyes ) shows.

It's now up on iTunes if you are subscribed or directly from the TalkShoe site:-

here

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 08 2008 @ 02:03 AM

Content:

So boys... next week.

I don't mind the time slot, but I would prefer we stick to 2pm (which is 4am for me) because that'll give some time to sleep before the show, unlike when podshock was on at 12pm (2am for me) and had to stay up all night.

Since we are thinking that the Ashes to Ashes talk will be a skype thing (which you can count me in for), I think that maybe for the topic of next week could be Dave's idea for the last show, if we had enough of talking about the series 4 finale (which we didn't)

Other series wrap ups we enjoyed/hated etc.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 13 2008 @ 01:50 PM

Content:

CIA starting NOW

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 13 2008 @ 04:06 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA starting NOW

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

Well another riotous CIA just finished!

With Ian undecided whether to be the 'Captain' or lead the rebels!

Have a listen to our sober debate on TalkShoe:-

CIA

Or from iTunes

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 13 2008 @ 06:27 PM

Content:

CIA starting NOW

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

CIA
Or from iTunes

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm still on the fence Smile It's more like the Inmates
have taken over the Asylum Smile

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 13 2008 @ 07:25 PM

Content:

Drat! I checked to see if there was a live Podshock today, but forgot to check to see if there was a live CIA. My wife was out at an arts and crafts fair and I could have easily taken part. Frown

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 13 2008 @ 09:15 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= The6thDoctor] [QUOTE BY= daveac] [QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA starting NOW

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

CIA
Or from iTunes

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it was more a case of the toothless leeding the Beach impared. Mr. Green Might be me though.

Merlin

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 13 2008 @ 10:58 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= merlin_mccarley] [QUOTE BY= The6thDoctor] [QUOTE BY= daveac] [QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA starting NOW

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

CIA
Or from iTunes

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it was more a case of the toothless leeding the Beach impared. Mr. Green Might be me though.

Merlin[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhh careful you or I'll gum you to death! Smile

You just stay in your info text corner and do your job hehehe

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 16 2008 @ 06:53 PM

Content:

Next three CIA shows setup on TalkShoe.

Time set at 3pm EDT just in case PodShock goes ahead.

Subjects as follows (but could always change :-) )

Epi 55:- Films (Cult & SF) that should be made into TV series & which Cult & SF TV series should get the big screen treatment?

Epi 56- Cult & SF shows where the main character is a woman - are they as good? :-)

Epi 57:- Possible talk about end of Series 4 of Dr Who in the US Plus:- Doctor Who should it be more SF or a 'soap in space'?

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 16 2008 @ 08:16 PM

Content:

Last Sundays podcast was an interesting one, and I can
tell you now that it was all Louis Trapani's fault. Smile

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 19 2008 @ 12:21 AM
By: Louis

Content:

[QUOTE BY= The6thDoctor] Last Sundays podcast was an interesting one, and I can
tell you now that it was all Louis Trapani's fault. Smile[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I was listening to the show, and it all seemed to be going well until Louis joined the live podcast in progress and it went to hell. Well at least catchphrase hell, but hell nonetheless.

You gotta keep the riffraff out of the podcast.

Cheers,
Louis

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 19 2008 @ 08:48 PM

Content:

Time set at 3pm EDT (Sunday) for CIA just in case PodShock goes ahead.

Epi 55:- Films (Cult & SF) that should be made into TV series & which Cult & SF TV series should get the big screen treatment?

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
Time set at 3pm EDT (Sunday) for CIA just in case PodShock goes ahead.

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

CIA in 30 minutes.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 21 2008 @ 04:04 AM

Content:

What happened to the show?

I was falling asleep during the middle of it and wanted to listen to it again, but it was taken off the second it finished.
And it's still no on the talkshoe site yet.

And was it just me, but Talkshoe wouldn't load for hours this afternoon?

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 21 2008 @ 05:55 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] What happened to the show?

I was falling asleep during the middle of it and wanted to listen to it again, but it was taken off the second it finished.
And it's still no on the talkshoe site yet.

And was it just me, but Talkshoe wouldn't load for hours this afternoon?[/QUOTE]

At the end of the show Ian said he would put a 'block' on the episode so he could 'fix' the start.

Just checked as I posted new times & shows - seems like he's still editing.

But also TalkShoe has had problems this last week - so it may be that causing problems. They were certainly down for the most of one day.

I'll check again later - and I've emailed Ian about it.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 21 2008 @ 12:42 PM

Content:

Hello Faithful Listeners,

There are indeed issues over at talkshoe, to which
I am glad of as that means I didn't screw anything up Smile

They are currently working on the problem and I will
post a message when the episode becomes available.

Thanks again to all who were at the show on Sunday, you
guys being there make the show Smile

Thanks

Ian

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 22 2008 @ 12:27 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= The6thDoctor]
Hello Faithful Listeners,

There are indeed issues over at talkshoe, to which
I am glad of as that means I didn't screw anything up Smile

They are currently working on the problem and I will
post a message when the episode becomes available.

Thanks again to all who were at the show on Sunday, you
guys being there make the show Smile

Thanks

Ian[/QUOTE]

I think I got a tweet from Talkshoe sometime this afternoon (Monday afternoon) that their server is now fully working again. I haven't had time to check it out myself yet though.

Cheers,
Louis

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 22 2008 @ 01:39 AM

Content:

The show is now back up.
Thanks for the good work Ian. Not much you can do when the technology gods are angry.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 22 2008 @ 05:45 AM

Content:

Blogtalkradio http://www.blogtalkradio.com has also been having trouble the last few days. The live stream has failed for most shows, and some hosts have found that their shows did not record. A few of them have been taping their shows live via Skype as a backup until the network is working properly again.

Strange that both services were acting up at the same time.

(Imagines a conglomerate of over the air radio stations with a disrupter beam aimed at the internet in traditional black & white sci-fi style.)

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 22 2008 @ 05:53 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= BenjaminElliott] Blogtalkradio http://www.blogtalkradio.com has also been having trouble the last few days. The live stream has failed for most shows, and some hosts have found that their shows did not record. A few of them have been taping their shows live via Skype as a backup until the network is working properly again.

[/QUOTE]

Yes - it's now available - thank goodness.

Benjamin - how do they record with locally with Skype?

As I thought it would only record 30 minutes max?

I'm sure THe Sixth Doctor and I talked about the problems of recording a 'studio' edition.

I do notice that Skype now says you can have up to 9 on a conference call rather than just 5.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 22 2008 @ 08:21 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] The show is now back up.
Thanks for the good work Ian. Not much you can do when the technology gods are angry.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ro, even though I didn't do anything but wait Smile

Actually Dave was the one who found out it wasn't my fault Big Grin

As cute as that avatar is... I still miss the one of Jenny, it always reminds me of your catch phrase Cool

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 22 2008 @ 01:17 PM

Content:

In Sundays CIA

One of the TV programmes I mentioned was 'The Flipside of Dominic Hyde'

Just read on a Digital Spy forum the BBC Four here in the UK will be reshowing the classic - 7pm Saturday 24th July (7 - 8.30pm Part1 of 2parts)

Overlaps with the Dr Who Proms on the same night :-(

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 26 2008 @ 07:57 AM

Content:

After seeing a comment on Louis 'Twitter' I've done a slight edit on CIA Episode 49 - as the first 10 minutes were beset by tech problems and a breakthrough podcast.

I should have done this before as Ben mentions in the show.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 27 2008 @ 12:48 PM

Content:

Episode 56 0f CIA starts in just over 1 hour - set at 2pm EDT.

The starting topic this week:-

'Cult & SF shows where the main character is a woman - are they as good? :-) '

Come and help fill your 'PodShock empty' Sunday with a good hour or so of SF chat.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 27 2008 @ 03:46 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
After seeing a comment on Louis 'Twitter' I've done a slight edit on CIA Episode 49 - as the first 10 minutes were beset by tech problems and a breakthrough podcast.

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

It was something like a 24 minute podcast of just everyone wondering what was going on. I don't know where West was, but Ian, yourself, and others seemed lost. Eventually you left and the others went too. I don't think you intended for the recording to go out, but it did. At least I received it on the feed.

There's another one after it which I haven't listened to yet. I am guessing it is more of a proper show.

Plus I will get whatever you recorded today later (if I haven't already now).

Cheers,
Louis

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: July 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis] [QUOTE BY= daveac]

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

It was something like a 24 minute podcast of just everyone wondering what was going on. I don't know where West was, but Ian, yourself, and others seemed lost. Eventually you left and the others went too. I don't think you intended for the recording to go out, but it did.
Cheers,
Louis[/QUOTE]

Fairport - sorry :-) - fair point!

Perhaps we shouldn't have let this show out in the wild.

As to not knowing what was going on - we did - but couldn't understand how a certain person kept getting back into the show, time and time again - after being 'blocked' - not under another name or a different 'guest number' but with the same ID - they came in at least 8 times talking randomly.

This - we found out later had happenned to a number of TalkShoe shows around that week.

So Sorry to all those people that were put off by this show and I hope you will find that recent shows have been more 'on the money' - although we do have a rather 'un-structured' type of show.

If anybody was disappointed please keep listenning - and maybe join us live.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 02 2008 @ 08:35 PM

Content:

I mentioned the CIA podcast on the Doctor Who Forum (formerly Outpost Gallifrey forum) tonight in the podcasts thread. What CIA is, the topic I assume is happening Sunday (reaction to Journey's End), how to tune in live, don't say "Mississippi" to the hosts, etc. So if you get a few newbies mentioning reading about CIA on a forum, that could be my doing.

Also - sorry about the wrong blurb for the 27 July episode in This Week In Doctor Who. My mind wasn't working at the moment and mentally inserted a previous show instead of the female SciFi leads episode.

I will make it to the show, though there is a chance I could be a tad late or coming in, leaving, and coming back after an errand.

If folks are not talked out about Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, and other assorted stuff tomorrow - there is the Two Doctors podcast on blogtalkradio.com hosted by Kenn and Jim. Sunday Midnight EDT, 9PM PDT, 5AM Monday BST, and I'm not going to try the Australian conversion. They will be focusing on the Doctor Who finale on SciFi, the news on Galactica being allowed to do long episodes, interviews recorded at Comic Con, the save the Middle Man with M&Ms campaign, etc. While not as informal as CIA, you can call into their show and they have a text chat room too. I have a standing invitation to pop in to this installment if I can stay awake that late. If you hear my voice, I managed to stay up. They're used to people listening to their show after it's recorded - maybe they can get some live folks.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 03 2008 @ 08:21 AM

Content:

CIA on TalkShoe 2pm EDT today (Sunday 3rd August)

Series four episode 13 - 'Journey's End' has now aired in the US (Friday) - and so we start with a spoiler full discussion of series four.

Plus:- Doctor Who should it be more SF or a 'soap in space'?

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 03 2008 @ 04:57 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA on TalkShoe 2pm EDT today (Sunday 3rd August)

Series four episode 13 - 'Journey's End' has now aired in the US (Friday) - and so we start with a spoiler full discussion of series four.

Plus:- Doctor Who should it be more SF or a 'soap in space'?

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

Just ended - a marathon 2 hour show - get it on iTunes!

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 04 2008 @ 07:17 AM

Content:

Not quite 2 hours. 1.58
If only we talked for 2 more minutes... that would of been epic Mr. Green

oh and I was right about Georgia Moffet not being in skins. The last episode was on TV tonight.
There was an actress called Georgina Moffat in it. I can see how it was confussed.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 04 2008 @ 09:23 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] Not quite 2 hours. 1.58
If only we talked for 2 more minutes... that would of been epic Mr. Green[/QUOTE]

Dave... Do we have a 2min Audio clip we could tack on the end?

We need to play Tin Dog's Promo again Smile

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 09 2008 @ 05:39 AM

Content:

The new time slot for the Anime show works out perfectly.

So perfect.
I actually will have literally just returned from two days at the biggest Anime convention in Australia, and also the final of the World Cosplay Summit qualifier of Australia.
Less that 10 hours after the con finishs, CIA will be on.
Mr. Green
Epic win!

And I'm really liking the alternative topic for the this coming week, because I can final gush over Blackpool on CIA for a bit.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 09 2008 @ 07:22 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] The new time slot for the Anime show works out perfectly.

So perfect.
I actually will have literally just returned from two days at the biggest Anime convention in Australia, and also the final of the World Cosplay Summit qualifier of Australia.
Less that 10 hours after the con finishs, CIA will be on.
Mr. Green
Epic win!

And I'm really liking the alternative topic for the this coming week, because I can final gush over Blackpool on CIA for a bit. [/QUOTE]

This is want Romana II is referring to:-

'Subject 'Anime' films likely to be held over for two weeks as members of CIA are going to Anime events and would like to both take part and report back. Possible alternate subject - Dr Who actors in other roles & other TV shows.'

Join us on Sunday 10th August at 2pm EDT.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 10 2008 @ 01:43 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

This is want Romana II is referring to:-

'Subject 'Anime' films likely to be held over for two weeks as members of CIA are going to Anime events and would like to both take part and report back. Possible alternate subject - Dr Who actors in other roles & other TV shows.'

Join us on Sunday 10th August at 2pm EDT.

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

CIA starting in 15 minutes!

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 10 2008 @ 05:29 PM

Content:

2 hours, 14 minutes, 46 seconds according to Talkshoe. I'm excited and scared to hear what happened. Easily your longest installment ever, though not as long as Radio Free Skaro's record (2 hours, 39 minutes) or Doctor Who: Podshock (2 hours, 40 minutes).

Looking forward to being able to join in live again on the 24th. Who knows how long the episodes could be by then. Wink

8:12PM EDT - listening to the show now. Darn.

Two other John Barrowman credits:

1) Central Park West (retitled CPW half-way through the run) - CBS' big primetime soap of 1995 heralding their new edgy era. John Barrowman was the breakout star, the playboy son of a hot famous older actress. 22 episodes made, but some of the ones in the middle didn't air due to a retooling of the show.

2) Titans - NBC's big primetime soap of 2001. John Barrowman was the breakout star, the playboy son of a hot older actress. One of the last shows developed by Aaron Spelling. It did not last as long as Central Park West, but was not blamed for bringing down a whole network for a year like the other show did.

John also claims that he was turned down for the role of Will on Will and Grace for being too "straight". The actor hired (Eric McCormack) was straight, but the producers claimed he was more convincing.

Christopher Eccleston was also a detective on Cracker. A major character in the first series (3 stories). In the 4th story (start of series 2), he is brutally stabbed near the end of episode two and has a long, bloody death sequence calling in the crime on the phone to the other cops. Arguably a better death sequence than his death on Doctor Who (arguably the Doctor never "dies").

I will probably miss the chat on the 17th too due to the family wanting to celebrate my 30th. Sundays have suddenly gotten busy. Cheers.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 17 2008 @ 12:19 PM

Content:

CIA today - Sunday 17th Sug - is on HHGTTG!

The recording should start at 2pm EDT but we will be openning up the TalkShoe 30 minutes before that rather than 15 minutes as usual.

So the 'show' rather than the recording starts at 1.45

We are trying this so we can get all hosting and setup details well in time for a prompt start - so don't be late!

Cheers, daveac who off to get his tea!

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 17 2008 @ 01:26 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA today - Sunday 17th Sug - is on HHGTTG!

Cheers, daveac who off to get his tea!
[/QUOTE]

Right - had my tea - and noticed I didn't put in the TalkShoe link.

Since there have been a few new members to the GE forums recently - here the CIA TalkShoe link:-

You can join via thw web browser - or join up TalkShoe and use the Classic interface.

You can join in the audio chat using ShoePhone on TalkShoe - or use Skype, SJPhone or Gizmo plus others:-

here

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 24 2008 @ 12:02 PM

Content:

CIA: Cultdom in Audio starts recording in 2 hours - 2pm EDT today (Sunday)

The room now opens well before this and all are welcome.

Today the topic is Anime - starting with reports back from members attending recent Anime events.

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 24 2008 @ 08:03 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA: Cultdom in Audio
Today the topic is Anime - starting with reports back from members attending recent Animie events.

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

1hour 30minutes of Anime goodness.

Thanks all, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 25 2008 @ 09:26 AM

Content:

Hello boys.
Finally got around to uploading this...

here

My skit

And photos of me

here

Will be updated my youtube channel and facebook as I go through my photos.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 25 2008 @ 12:04 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] Hello boys.
Finally got around to uploading this...

here

[/QUOTE]

Just enjoyed your 'performance' - Great - gave it 5 stars!

Cheers, daveac (using my dac100 YouTube id)

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 31 2008 @ 07:42 AM

Content:

CIA live at 1.45PM EDT - for a 2PM start time.

Hopefully with West reporting in live from Dragon Con

Dragon Con

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: August 31 2008 @ 03:31 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

Dragon Con

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

Well we had CIA but unfortunately without a live report - but after a slow start we ended up have a sort of 'round-table' chat about the usual themes.

Thanks to all in the room - with or without audio.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 02 2008 @ 03:00 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

Dragon Con

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

Who was at Dragon*Con reporting (or rather who was supposed to report) in? West? We had our Special Correspondent Billy Davis on the scene. I am not sure what he was able to get for the show or not. He should be reporting in soon.

Cheers,
Louis

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 07 2008 @ 07:00 AM

Content:

This week - animation and cartoon films on the big screen - including ones with an SF theme.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 07 2008 @ 07:32 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

This week - animation and cartoon films on the big screen - including ones with an SF theme.

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

Great show all - and a good topic.

Now up on iTunes

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM

Content:

CIA about to start.

recording at 2PM EDT

Join in and share your 'Hidden Gems' TV or Films with a SF or Cult theme that may have slipped by us all. 'Dark Star' or 'Battle Royale' - 'Reaper' or 'Primeval'

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 14 2008 @ 07:49 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA about to start.

recording at 2PM EDT

Join in and share your 'Hidden Gems' TV or Films with a SF or Cult theme that may have slipped by us all. 'Dark Star' or 'Battle Royale' - 'Reaper' or 'Primeval'

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

About 1hour into CIA I mention an episode of Star Trek that was never aired - not THe Cage

Well here's a bit more info:-

Apparently a scene around the subject of terrorism described Ireland as reunited in 2024.

Broadcasters in Ireland and the UK refused to screen the episode back in the 1990s on free to air as being too sensitive and it was edited when shown on Sky One.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 18 2008 @ 08:24 AM

Content:

just to let you guys know, I'll be on the show this week (I can't miss talking about Torchwood XD)... just expect some audio problems on my end.

My download limit is gone for the month so my audio on shoephone is choppy and my audio on skype is on a 2 second delay.

I tried to get some portable internet for my new laptop, but don't have the money this week, unless by some mircale I manage to find some money.

I hope you'll be patient with me Smile

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 21 2008 @ 12:14 PM

Content:

CIA

Todays show starts in less than 2 hours!

Recording starts 2pm EDT - doors open at 1.30 onwards.

Today 2 topics - a recap of SJA's Series 1 ready for Series 2

Then a chat about Torchwood Radio episode 'Lost Souls'

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA

Today's show starts in less than 2 hours!

Recording starts 2pm EDT - doors open at 1.30 onwards.

Today 2 topics - a recap of SJA's Series 1 ready for Series 2

Then a chat about Torchwood Radio episode 'Lost Souls'

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

If you have downloaded CIA already - I've just uploaded a cleaned up version to TalkShoe - it's a good 5 minutes shorter with some breaks taken out and some audio boosted.

EDIT - here's the TalkShoe page:-

here

Second EDIT - Just to clarify - the original show was nearly 1h 22m and if you have downloaded the 'cleaned up' one - that will be 1h 15m long.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 08:03 AM

Content:

CIA

Sunday again and CIA will be recording at 2pm EDT (room opens earlier)

Today's topic Merlin the new Series on BBC in the UK - two episodes now gone out.

Here's the TalkShoe page (CIA id 30659#):-

here

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 10:18 AM

Content:

alas, since I haven't seen Merlin yet due to my 'red eye' limit reaching 100% a few weeks ago, and because Journey's End was on telly tonight and finished very late, I won't be on cia today *sad face*

if the show's not to spoilerly I will be listening to it as soon as I can.

But I will be joining you boys next week. Wink

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 01:30 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II]

I won't be on cia today *sad face*

[/QUOTE]

I'm having trouble getting on the TalkShoe site myself from here in the UK?

Does anyone know if they are having problems today?

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 01:49 PM
By: dmwalling

Content:

I haven't been able to get the Talkshoe page to come up at all

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 01:49 PM

Content:

Still can't get on TalkShoe.

Ian is trying and also not getting on.

Will keep trying.

Hope listenners will check here.

I haven't got a twitter account to post

daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 01:55 PM

Content:

I sent a Twitter about Talkshoe. The site still isn't coming up. I tried to call in, and they're still answering, but when I entered the CIA's ID, it said the ID was invalid, or there wasn't a call scheduled at this time.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 01:58 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= dmwalling] I sent a Twitter about Talkshoe. The site still isn't coming up. I tried to call in, and they're still answering, but when I entered the CIA's ID, it said the ID was invalid, or there wasn't a call scheduled at this time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Diann,

Will any page come up? PodShock etc. ie. is the whole site down?

For you and others Ian & I will keep trying for a while yet.

daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 02:01 PM

Content:

I believe it is the entire site - I can't get Talkshoe.com to come up.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 02:04 PM

Content:

Trying to log into Talkshoe now - site was down earlier. (few seconds later) Nope - whole site is down.

Remember, we are not wedded to one web talk service. Other services are available if talkshoe acts up and we need to start "exploring".

I do hope this can get resolved soon.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 02:12 PM

Content:

Can Ben and Diann stick around?

I've emailed Ian about trying a 'studio' show on Skype if we don't get sorted soon.

daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 02:15 PM

Content:

I'm still here. Got forwarded a tweet from Louis from Talkshoe:

"We're working to restore the TalkShoe website and we'll have it back up as soon as possible Sorry for any inconveniences! "

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 02:54 PM

Content:

No live show today - doing CIA on Skype as a Studio show - will try to do it next Sunday

daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 03:35 PM
By: DrWho001

Content:

This is the latest update on there twitter page
[QUOTE]More information just came in.... The failure is at the Data Center, not just at TalkShoe! We'll keep you posted as we get more information! [/QUOTE]

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 03:53 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= DrWho001] This is the latest update on there twitter page
[QUOTE]More information just came in.... The failure is at the Data Center, not just at TalkShoe! We'll keep you posted as we get more information! [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Ian, Diann, Andy (Tiggs) and myself - with Merlin helping out have just done a 'studio' CIA.

Hopefully Ian will clean it up - get rid of my mistakes and upload it soon.

Sorry to all our regulars.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 05:59 PM

Content:

Talkshoe is still down. Almost 6pm EDT here. I didn't expect it to be down for this long. Thankfully Doctor Who: Podshock were not using them for our recording today (which we just finished up a short while ago), but I feel bad for CIA and the others that use their service.

Though we have not been completely unaffected by their outage, it has been slowing down our home page load time as their button (link to Talkshoe) on our right block on the homepage is trying to load from their site and obviously can not.

Perhaps I should remove the button graphic until their site returns.

I also wonder now if this means all the live recordings on the live feed are unavailable at this time. I should test that.

Cheers,
Louis

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 06:05 PM

Content:

OK, I removed the linking button on our homepage to Talkshoe. Now our homepage loads normally without the long delay due to the missing graphic.

Also, it is not just their website that is down, the entire server must be down as I just tried to download one of our live shows hosted there, and it was a no-go. Frown

That's it. We must have brought them down as this happened after I put up the article about all our live shows reviewing the 2008 series of Doctor Who.

Let's hope Talkshoe sorts this out soon.

Cheers,
Louis

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 28 2008 @ 09:39 PM

Content:

My goodness.... what drama I have slept through XD
Really glad I didn't wake up at 4am for that.

Will next weeks show still be Sarah Jane series 2?
Because if you're doing Merlin again I won't be on it (spoilers and nothing to add)

Also, next weekend Australia goes off daylight savings... which means the times will change for me. And I can never remember if it's an hour earlier or later. I'm hoping later.

When does the US go off summer time? Is that coming up soon?

EDIT: I was bored at work and worked out, if we do a show every sunday without taking any weeks off, CIA will reach it's 100th show on May 31st 2009... one week after Towel day.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: September 29 2008 @ 08:45 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II]

Will next weeks show still be Sarah Jane series 2?
Because if you're doing Merlin again I won't be on it (spoilers and nothing to add)

When does the US go off summer time? Is that coming up soon?

[/QUOTE]

OK.

Here in the UK we chage the hour on 26th Oct - in the US taras says it's 2nd Nov

I remember the 'rule' as 'Spring forward - Fall back'

So for me in four weeks time it won't be 6PM (BST) but 5PM (GMT)

AS for subject - I think next week will start on the Second Series openner of the SJAs - whether do talk about Merlin after may just depend on how many in the room will have been able to catch SJAs and comment.

So Romana it should be safe to come on next week - at least for the first part.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: October 01 2008 @ 05:23 AM

Content:

CIA from last Sunday - done as a Skype call - has now been edited and uploaded by Ian - TheSixthDoctor.

A few of the CIA crew chat about the start of Merlin on BBC 1 here in the UK.

The episode contains spoilers if you have not seen the show.

There will be a chance to chat about Merlin either at the end of this coming Sunday's chat about Sarah Jane Adventures (depending on time etc.) or on an up-coming CIA show.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: October 01 2008 @ 07:12 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA from last Sunday - done as a Skype call - has now been edited and uploaded by Ian - TheSixthDoctor.

A few of the CIA crew chat about the start of Merlin on BBC 1 here in the UK.

The episode contains spoilers if you have not seen the show.

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

UPDATE - just re-uploaded CIA Episode 65 on Merlin as the sound level on some voices were too low.

Newest version is 1 minute shorter at 44m 45s.

CIA from TalkShoe is here:-

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: October 05 2008 @ 10:53 AM

Content:

CIA today at 2PM EDT - but doors open well before then.

Today - Series 2 of Sarah Jane Adventures - talking about the first 2-parter 'The Last Sontaran'

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: October 12 2008 @ 09:22 AM

Content:

CIA- Today at 2PM EDT - but doors open well before then.

Today - Catch Up Week plus Merlin

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: October 16 2008 @ 07:54 AM

Content:

Made a opener for the War of the Worlds show, using audio from the musical. XD

download it here

length: 1.01

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: October 19 2008 @ 11:24 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] Made a opener for the War of the Worlds show, using audio from the musical. XD

download it here

length: 1.01[/QUOTE]

Got it Thanks.

CIA dicussing 'War of the Worlds' and other Earth Invasion stories in 2h 30m ( 2PM EDT)

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: October 19 2008 @ 03:34 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

Got it Thanks.

CIA dicussing 'War of the Worlds' and other Earth Invasion stories in 2h 30m ( 2PM EDT)

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

Just finished another 'eventful' CIA. Had to restart as the latest update to TalkShoe was throwing a few wobbles!!

Episode 68 'War of the Worlds' and other Earth Invasion stories 1h 5m

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: October 26 2008 @ 08:19 AM

Content:

CIA today 2PM EDT (that's now 6PM in the UK as we are back on GMT.

Topic Halloween & Horror

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: November 02 2008 @ 09:11 AM

Content:

CIA today 2PM EST - just under 5 hours from now.

Topic Man merging with Machine

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: November 02 2008 @ 09:43 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA today 2PM EST - just under 5 hours from now.

Topic Man merging with Machine

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

Please note that the USA just did the time warp and moved their
clocks back one hour Smile

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: November 09 2008 @ 12:15 PM

Content:

CIA in less than 2 hours - 2pm EST

'This week we talk about the concept of 'parallel universes' and how they have featured in SF shows and plot lines.'

Please join us:-

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: November 09 2008 @ 03:53 PM

Content:

I can't believe I forgot the biggest parellel universe anime series ever. Eek!

Tsubasa.

It's like Sliders in anime form.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: November 16 2008 @ 11:49 AM

Content:

CIA start in just over 2 hours - 2PM EST

here

Todays topic:-

'British comedy shows & films take centre (center) stage this week - from satire to slapstick.'

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: November 16 2008 @ 07:08 PM

Content:

Nice episode Dave.

It's a bit ironic that it comes hot on the heels of the death of a British comedy legend - Reg Varney. RIP Reg Cry

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: November 23 2008 @ 11:13 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= cybercolin] Nice episode Dave.

It's a bit ironic that it comes hot on the heels of the death of a British comedy legend - Reg Varney. RIP Reg Cry [/QUOTE]

Yes - was sorry to hear that news - surprised how old he was.

CIA today is a Catch-Up show on the SF shows now showing - and maybe more Dr Who memories?

2PM EST

CIA TalkShoe Page

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: November 30 2008 @ 09:47 AM

Content:

CIA

2PM EST today - in 4 hours time

'Remakes, Adaptions - even re-imagings - shows transplanted from other countries etc.'

CIA TalkShoe Page

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: December 07 2008 @ 07:02 AM

Content:

CIA

Sunday 6th Dec (7th for RomanaII :-) )

3PM EST today - TIME MOVED BACK ONE HOUR - as there is a LIVE PodShock at 1.30PM.

WEST will be openning the room then - recording to start sometime after that.

Topic is still Spaceshps/Spacecraft but show could also be an overflow chat on Doctor Who Series 4 roundup.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: December 07 2008 @ 11:11 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA

Sunday 6th Dec (7th for RomanaII :-) )

3PM EST today - TIME MOVED BACK ONE HOUR - as there is a LIVE PodShock at 1.30PM.

WEST will be openning the room then - recording to start sometime after that.

Topic is still Spaceshps/Spacecraft but show could also be an overflow chat on Doctor Who Series 4 roundup.

Cheers, daveac

[/QUOTE]

WOW, Dave AC is caught in a Time Warp. Its already the 7th. here Dave, and I am pretty sure its the 8th. in Ozz. What time is it where you live? Smile

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: December 07 2008 @ 12:10 PM

Content:

Sorry - thanks Merlin

CIA

Sunday 7th Dec (8th for RomanaII :-) )

Cheers, davec

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: December 14 2008 @ 11:40 AM

Content:

CIA Sunday 2PM EST

'Firefly/Serenity

Please join us.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: December 21 2008 @ 11:39 AM

Content:

CIA Sunday 2PM EST

'American Comics'

Please join us on TalkShoe:-

here

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: January 03 2009 @ 10:55 PM

Content:

just to let everyone know CIA has moved back to its normal time of 12:55 PM EST. We will be discussing Who the new Doctor is. So please come and enjoy what is im sure gonna be a lively discussion.

cheers
west

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: January 04 2009 @ 12:05 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= geekweekFL] just to let everyone know CIA has moved back to its normal time of 12:55 PM EST. We will be discussing Who the new Doctor is. So please come and enjoy what is im sure gonna be a lively discussion.

cheers
west[/QUOTE]

CIA stating in about 50 minutes.

CIA

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: January 04 2009 @ 12:32 PM

Content:

yet again I tried to get to sleep and failed.

I looked at the clock saying 2.30am and was still wide awake after trying to sleep for hours, I decided to give up and stay awake til 4.55am.

So I apologise if I start to fall asleep during the show. ^^

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: January 04 2009 @ 02:46 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Joshua Lou]
Looking forward to checking out CIA (can't imagine why I haven't already)... I'll subscribe this week and start "catching up".

Cheers, Dave![/QUOTE]

CIA ended - I couldn't get back in - it openned up a new window - so no aftershow.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: January 18 2009 @ 01:39 PM

Content:

CIA in 15 minutes

'You made a time machine out of a Delorean?'

here

Please join us.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: January 25 2009 @ 01:35 PM

Content:

CIA in 20 minutes

Star Wars!

here

Please join us.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 01 2009 @ 01:24 PM

Content:

CIA in 35 minutes

Star Wars! Part II

here

Please join us.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 08 2009 @ 12:11 PM

Content:

CIA in 1h 40 minutes

Video Games

utterli CIA

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 13 2009 @ 03:48 PM

Content:

Please check this thread on Sunday as with a LIVE Doctor Who PodShock likely - CIA may need to move time or even not run.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 15 2009 @ 12:15 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
Please check this thread on Sunday as with a LIVE Doctor Who PodShock likely - CIA may need to move time or even not run.

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

We are still unsure about CIA today - depends whether the PodShock LIVE event will be LIVE on TalkShoe or recorded for a later upload.

Please check the CIA updates thread before 2PM EST

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 15 2009 @ 12:29 PM

Content:

Louis replied - PodShock live but being recorded - uploaded at a later date - so CIA stands? - perhaps we can talk a little Who first :-)

With check with Ian or West - expect another post before 2PM EST

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 15 2009 @ 12:43 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac] Louis replied - PodShock live but being recorded - uploaded at a later date - so CIA stands? - perhaps we can talk a little Who first :-)

With check with Ian or West - expect another post before 2PM EST

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

CIA 2PM EST on 'Action/Adventure Movies' but with G20 some Dr Who chat likely

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
By: DarthSkeptical

Content:

Talkshoe seems inaccessible today. Getting a consistent error today saying there are too many redirects. Can't even load the main index page.

Possible attack on the site?

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 15 2009 @ 09:32 PM

Content:

I can't load it either I keep getting this

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I through it was just my internet and Vista being retarded, but is everyone else having this problem?

Did the show go ahead today?
I didn't really want to wake up early to talk about boy stuff Razz

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: February 16 2009 @ 10:42 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II]
Did the show go ahead today?
I didn't really want to wake up early to talk about boy stuff Razz[/QUOTE]

Yes CIA went ahead - but people did have problems - Darth almost got on a couple of times.

After we had all wined about not being at Galifrey 20 we did 1h 20m on Action/Adventure films

Up on iTunes now

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 01 2009 @ 12:34 PM

Content:

CIA

Today - 2PM EST on TalkShoe

Topic - 'Spoof Movies'

here

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 01 2009 @ 04:18 PM

Content:

So yeah as I said today, I'll be seeing Peter Davison on the 23rd March.... but I forgot to mention that I'm going to be in Brisbane on the 5th April, so I won't be able to come on the show that week, because sadly I'm sharing accommodation with 7 other people and I don't want to wake people up at 6am to come on the show.

For the cosplay show, if the dates are alright with everyone, the 29th March will be literally the day after I attend an anime convention with WCS prelims and lots and lots of cosplay.
So I would like to cover cosplay then, because it'll be high on my mind, with going to two conventions in two weeks and finishing off my own cosplays for one of the cons.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 02 2009 @ 10:50 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II]

For the cosplay show, if the dates are alright with everyone, the 29th March will be literally the day after I attend an anime convention with WCS prelims and lots and lots of cosplay.
So I would like to cover cosplay then, because it'll be high on my mind, with going to two conventions in two weeks and finishing off my own cosplays for one of the cons.[/QUOTE]

Done! 29th March -

CosPlay - what it is, why it's fun & who does it.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 02 2009 @ 10:53 AM

Content:

CIA callout!

We could do with having a new CIA Bumper and need your help.

Could you record an mp3 less than 1 minute with comments or invites to 'come and listen or join in' - or record some of your typical comments - or even 'snip' a few of your favourite 'sound bites' from past shows.

If you feel up to it try to do a Bumper complete with the TalkShoe ID (that's 30658) and the time Sunday's 2PM EST.

With Ian & West's help I'll try to patch together snippets or choose 'whole' sections and if we end up with 3 or 4 - we can have a vote.

No prize as yet - but if ever the CIA Tee shirt gets made - the winner would get one free. (EDIT if produced by a single member that is.)

You can email your efforts to me cooperda@tiscaliDOTcoDOTuk (fix the DOTs)

Can we try for the end of March please?

Many thanks, daveac, Ian & West

Play old Bumper from this utterli link

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 08 2009 @ 01:02 PM

Content:

CIA

Remember - if you don't live in USA or Canada - CIA will be one hour earliy today.

So Serenity/Firefly in 1 hour!

CIA TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 08 2009 @ 01:25 PM

Content:

Glad I decided to check the talkshoe page before I went to bed... otherwise I would of been late.

And I haven't spend the last week watching nothing but Firefly to miss out ^_^

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 08 2009 @ 09:16 PM

Content:

Dave, I've just looked at the scheduled episodes currently up at the TalkShoe site, and I think you might want to slightly reword things, so as not to confuse people.

The one two weeks hence might better be described as comedy legends instead of comic legends. Given that comics more naturally fall into CIA's remit, many might think that we're referring to comic book greats. Of course, you mentioned it was a "placeholder" so maybe that's not the eventual topic, as it is a topic rather far afield.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 15 2009 @ 01:46 PM

Content:

CIA

Sorry Late Reminder - if you don't live in USA or Canada - CIA will be one hour earliy today.

So Second Life in 15 minutes!

CIA TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM

Content:

So Gizmo (and I presume, VOIP) started working almost immediately after CIA ended. Where's the fairness in that? SmileSmile

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 16 2009 @ 04:20 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= DarthSkeptical] So Gizmo (and I presume, VOIP) started working almost immediately after CIA ended. Where's the fairness in that? SmileSmile[/QUOTE]

I wasn't there, but from Talkshoe's Twitter feed, it wasn't until around 5pm EDT that their service was fully functional again.

Arrow here

Cheers,
Louis

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 16 2009 @ 11:27 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= DarthSkeptical] So Gizmo (and I presume, VOIP) started working almost immediately after CIA ended. Where's the fairness in that? SmileSmile[/QUOTE]

Do you think they are trying to drop us a hint :-)

At first I thought it was my error - only Skype OUT worked.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 18 2009 @ 03:32 PM

Content:

And so the VoIP-lessness continues. They've tweeted a confirmation that they've had intermittent VoIP since about the 14th and deliberately shut it down until "Tuesday AM". Only problem is that it's Wednesday now, and still nothing. As I read between the lines, what seems to have happened is that they unexpectedly screwed up VoIP when they did some sort of upgrade, and now their fate is not in their own hands. Now they've gotta call in some kind of hardware manufacturer support, so who knows when they'll get it back up. Oh what I would kill for now to have one of those nifty li'l boxes that pumps the computer output directly into a standard phone line . . .

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= DarthSkeptical] And so the VoIP-lessness continues. They've tweeted a confirmation that they've had intermittent VoIP since about the 14th and deliberately shut it down until "Tuesday AM". Only problem is that it's Wednesday now, and still nothing. As I read between the lines, what seems to have happened is that they unexpectedly screwed up VoIP when they did some sort of upgrade, and now their fate is not in their own hands. Now they've gotta call in some kind of hardware manufacturer support, so who knows when they'll get it back up. Oh what I would kill for now to have one of those nifty li'l boxes that pumps the computer output directly into a standard phone line . . . [/QUOTE]

On Tuesday we had to do the New Wine Consumer TalkShoe - ID 11888 - via Skype OUT.

I think TalkShoe itself would benefit from being bought out by some big IT firm - I think it was about to be bought out a year ago - at the time they were paying out to some high rated shows.

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 22 2009 @ 12:45 PM

Content:

CIA in just over an hour - this week 'Comedy Legends' -

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 29 2009 @ 07:27 AM

Content:

Just to let you guys know... I've got a cold at the moment, so I don't know how well my voice will be, and I'm quite tired and haven't really made many notes (because I've been working on cosplay nearly every waking hour these last few weeks) so I'm going to wing it... hope I'll be ok ^_^

I've recorded a few 'interviews' with a few of my cosplay friends at the con yesterday, I'll send them to you Dave and maybe you can play them during the show... there's only 4.

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: March 29 2009 @ 10:44 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] Just to let you guys know... I've got a cold at the moment, so I don't know how well my voice will be, and I'm quite tired and haven't really made many notes (because I've been working on cosplay nearly every waking hour these last few weeks) so I'm going to wing it... hope I'll be ok ^_^

I've recorded a few 'interviews' with a few of my cosplay friends at the con yesterday, I'll send them to you Dave and maybe you can play them during the show... there's only 4.

[/QUOTE]

Hope you are feeling better romanaII - that all should be fine.

Just checked my email - no audio yet.

I should be online after 'tea' but well before the show starts.

Thanks, daveac

NOTE to all todays CIA is on Cosplay - 2pm EDT - here in UK we have moved to Summer time so it will be 7PM

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: April 05 2009 @ 01:36 PM

Content:

CIA in 20m - http://tinyurl.com/6bk5aq - Being Human, Primeval or Open Mike

Cheers,daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: April 06 2009 @ 07:16 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

Cheers,daveac[/QUOTE]

Hi all,

Just in case you missed this week CIA live - we chatted after the recording ended about upcoming show topics.

1) Easter Sunday - hopefully I'll just chair a fairly open show - avoiding any of the topics listed below. If everybody is busy with family & friends it might just be a short and small gathering.

2) A follow on show from PodShock LIVE about 'Planet of the Dead' for those who want to keep talking - stat time likely to be two hours later than normal - ie. 4 PM EDT

3) Red Dwarf - 4 new episodes over the Easter weekend.

4) Star Trek retrospective

5) Series finales

More topics - running or to be arranged:-

Terminator Franchise: Did Sarah Conner See this Comming?
Towel Day
Star Trek - the new movie
Stories..... FROM THE FUTURE
Ashes to Ashes
Merlin
The Men Behind The Curtain: Special Effects Wizards
Missing Dr Who
Gerry Anderson Pulling Strings in Sci-Fi
Superheros Run Amok

Cheers daveac & Ian

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: April 12 2009 @ 12:26 PM

Content:

Cheers,daveac[/QUOTE]

Hi all,

Just in case you missed this week CIA live - we chatted after the recording ended about upcoming show topics.

1) Easter Sunday - hopefully I'll just chair a fairly open show - avoiding any of the topics listed below. If everybody is busy with family & friends it might just be a short and small gathering.

2) A follow on show from PodShock LIVE about 'Planet of the Dead' for those who want to keep talking - stat time likely to be two hours later than normal - ie. 4 PM EDT

3) Red Dwarf - 4 new episodes over the Easter weekend.

4) Star Trek retrospective

5) Series finales

More topics - running or to be arranged:-

Terminator Franchise: Did Sarah Conner See this Comming?
Towel Day
Star Trek - the new movie
Stories..... FROM THE FUTURE
Ashes to Ashes
Merlin
The Men Behind The Curtain: Special Effects Wizards
Missing Dr Who
Gerry Anderson Pulling Strings in Sci-Fi
Superheros Run Amok

Cheers daveac & Ian
[/QUOTE]

SEE ABOVE please

CIA today at 2PM EDT

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: April 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM

Content:

CIA at 4pm EDT today 'POTD'

- after PodShock LIVE that starts at 2pm EDT-

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: April 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM

Content:

CIA 2pm EDT today

Talking about new Red Dwarf

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 03 2009 @ 10:12 AM

Content:

CIA 2pm EDT today

Talking about Shocking Deaths in TV & SF

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, The6thDoctor

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM

Content:

CIA 2pm EDT today

Starts in 40 minutes!

CIA- The Needs of the Many Cia

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 11 2009 @ 05:35 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
CIA 2pm EDT today

Starts in 40 minutes!

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify - we talked about the new Star Trek film on this show - lot's of Spoilers!

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 11 2009 @ 07:03 PM

Content:

CIA 2pm EDT today

Starts in 40 minutes!

CIA on TalkShoe

Cheers, daveac

[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify - we talked about the new Star Trek film on this show - lot's of Spoilers!

Cheers, daveac

[/QUOTE]

Just listenning back to CIA on iTunes - and remembered my comment about the appearance (I thought) of the Doctor from Stargate Adlantis in a bit part.

I was right!

Paul McGillion who was up for the role of Scotty got a small part in the Star Trek film - he Did!

here

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 17 2009 @ 11:57 AM

Content:

CIA- Cultdom In Audio Epi 99

Talking about greatest 25 Sci-Fi shows ever.

Plus maybe talk about thw WhoCast specials on Dr Who showing times around the world

here

2pm EDT

here

Also may talk about WhoCast specials about Dr Who showing around the world

Also Russel is on TalkShoe 1 hour earlier with his 150th LIVE show

here

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 23 2009 @ 07:36 PM

Content:

CIA - Sunday Show is our 'Towel Day' Show

On the CIA Facebook group I've posted my 'Towel Day' picture.

Please post a picture there - or here - or at both.

CIA on FaceBook

And here's mine again - a 'still' from my daveac.blip.tv vblog

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 24 2009 @ 12:10 PM

Content:

CIA: Cultdom in Audio podcast - Towel Day!

2pm EDT Today on TalkShoe -

In 1hour 50 mins

here

Cheers, daveac

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 24 2009 @ 08:58 AM

Content:

And here's mine....

Photobucket

My City of Death Romana cosplay and my Marvin cosplay (both in progress)

and a regular one (non cosplay)

CIA -info & updates

Posted on: May 31 2009 @ 05:10 PM

Content:

Sorry for not putting out a reminder for CIA this week

Cheers, daveac

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=20205