Subject: Toshiko Sato character?

Posted on: February 26 2008 @ 11:53 AM
By: ninjaman6

Content:

I was just re-watching the Christopher Eccleston episodes last night and remember seeing Sato on there.

Excuse me if this question has been asked before.

I was wondering is her character on that episode of Dr. Who called Aliens of London is the same one on Torchwood? I know its ths same actress.

Is that the same character she plays on Torchwood? The reason I'm asking is that on Torchwood Tosh plays a computer genius yet in that episode of Doctor Who, she is playing a doctor?

Excuse me if I sound nitpicky yet I was wondering if someone could clarify? Thanks!

Replies:

Toshiko Sato character?

Posted on: February 26 2008 @ 11:58 AM
By: Tin Dog Podcast

Content:

[QUOTE BY= ninjaman6] I was just re-watching the Christopher Eccleston episodes last night and remember seeing Sato on there.

Excuse me if this question has been asked before.

I was wondering is her character on that episode of Dr. Who called Aliens of London is the same one on Torchwood? I know its ths same actress.

Is that the same character she plays on Torchwood? The reason I'm asking is that on Torchwood Tosh plays a computer genius yet in that episode of Doctor Who, she is playing a doctor?

Excuse me if I sound nitpicky yet I was wondering if someone could clarify? Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

remember Torchwood makes a habit of hiring peoples identical cousins...

Toshiko Sato character?

Posted on: February 26 2008 @ 01:30 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

The character is the same.

Toshiko Sato character?

Posted on: February 26 2008 @ 01:38 PM
By: cybercolin

Content:

Yeah, they've tried to weigh it up by getting her to nod everytime Owen/Martha explains a medical procedure.

(Reason #25976 why Torchwood is poor Rolling Eyes )

Toshiko Sato character?

Posted on: March 23 2008 @ 11:13 AM
By: Louis

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
The character is the same.[/QUOTE]

Is this still so after the Fragments episode?

Toshiko Sato character?

Posted on: March 23 2008 @ 03:18 PM
By: seanhuxter

Content:

I can't see it. Her background has her in jail at the time of the London pig invasion, or at least working directly for Torchwood as a techie, and there is no indication that she had had any medical background at all when she was taken up by UNIT.

Not having seen it, of course, we can't say it wasn't there.

It just seems implausible that Tosh would be doing a medical autopsy on an alien pig in London.

-M-

Toshiko Sato character?

Posted on: March 23 2008 @ 10:02 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= seanhuxter] It just seems implausible that Tosh would be doing a medical autopsy on an alien pig in London.[/QUOTE]

I doubt she was performing an autopsy, as the pig was not dead, nor cut into...

Toshiko Sato character?

Posted on: March 23 2008 @ 10:45 PM
By: merlin_mccarley

Content:

If we presume that "Aliens of London" occoured in 2006 (12ish months after Rose or "Rose" was taken off by the Doctor) and that S1 of Torchwood occours in 2008 (refrenced by newspaper articles on the TW website) and therefore S2 of TW in 2009 then we have this-

2004 - Tosh takes the plans for a Sonic Modulator from her job at the Ministry of Defence and is arrested by U.I.N.I.T for her involvement. At an unknown time interval after this she is recruited by Cptn. Jack into Torchwood.

2006 - Working in some capacity with U.I.N.I.T./Torchwood (Joint Opp?) Tosh is investigating peices of the crashed ship/and or the "Alien" pig creature.

2008 - "Small Worlds" we see Tosh give a verbal Post mortem assement of the jail cell death, leading us further to believe she has more tallents than just electronics/computers.

Just a thought but "Aliens in London" was very intentionally shifted one year ahead.

Cheers,
Mike

Toshiko Sato character?

Posted on: March 24 2008 @ 06:37 AM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis] [QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
The character is the same.[/QUOTE]

Is this still so after the Fragments episode?

[/QUOTE]
It wasn't really cleared up.

In the CIA podcast I mentioned that if when Jack was recruting Tosh - and he had said 'you're an expert in electronics' - she could have replied 'Yes, and I'm a qualified medical Doctor as well.'

After all - Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) had about 5 doctorates.

Cheers, daveac

Toshiko Sato character?

Posted on: March 24 2008 @ 12:46 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= ninjaman6] Is that the same character she plays on Torchwood? The reason I'm asking is that on Torchwood Tosh plays a computer genius yet in that episode of Doctor Who, she is playing a doctor?
[/QUOTE]

The "doctor" outfit may have been cover to get into various parts of the hospital without drawing undue attention...

Toshiko Sato character?

Posted on: March 24 2008 @ 02:28 PM
By: sarahbot

Content:

I have no problem with it being the same Tosh, but if so, why was Torchwood Cardiff investigating instead of Torchwood London?

Toshiko Sato character?

Posted on: March 24 2008 @ 03:33 PM
By: Sideburn Zombie

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
After all - Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) had about 5 doctorates.

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

Good QL reference Dave. It's been along time since I've seen that show. Well, Guess I know what DVD's I will be getting soon. I'll have Ziggy get those for me.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=20935