Subject: Beneath the Surface DVD

Posted on: March 01 2008 @ 06:33 PM
By: JeffL

Content:

The R1 version of this one will be available in the first week of June 2008.

I am curious why "Terror of the Zygons" was excluded from this box set. I know it is supposed to be Sea Devils and Silurians...but I thought the Zygons were just as much underwater creatures as the other two.

Replies:

Beneath the Surface DVD

Posted on: March 01 2008 @ 06:47 PM
By: MikeD

Content:

The Zygons are aliens, the others are not.

Mike

Beneath the Surface DVD

Posted on: March 01 2008 @ 08:55 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

The Silurians and Sea Devils are both "Earth reptiles". The Zygons have no relation to either them.

The "surface" in the title is the surface of the Earth, not just the sea...

Beneath the Surface DVD

Posted on: March 02 2008 @ 08:21 PM

Content:

Well I hadn't seen it in so long I had forgotten. I also remamber a nautical theme around The Android Invasion. It at least had references to Loch Ness.

In any event, I like it when they put out the themed box sets like this. Maybe we'll see future box sets of the Ice Warriors.

Beneath the Surface DVD

Posted on: April 17 2008 @ 11:33 PM
By: Ken

Content:

These are 3 of my favs

Beneath the Surface DVD

Posted on: June 08 2008 @ 06:16 PM

Content:

I picked up my box set and have watched "Doctor Who and the Silurians." Interesting extras. I did not know that this was "colorized" using a rare color home recording from the mid-70's as a guideline. I never would have known it without seeing the extras.

Beneath the Surface DVD

Posted on: June 08 2008 @ 06:35 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

[QUOTE BY= JeffL] I picked up my box set and have watched "Doctor Who and the Silurians." Interesting extras. I did not know that this was "colorized" using a rare color home recording from the mid-70's as a guideline. I never would have known it without seeing the extras.[/QUOTE]
The colour does have a "washed out" quality at times, or this could be my imagination...

Beneath the Surface DVD

Posted on: July 28 2008 @ 11:24 PM
By: Doctor Whoovie

Content:

When watching "the silurians" I was rather suprised to see Paul Darrow playing a UNIT officer (Captain Hawkins). Was he a recurring character in any other stories?

Beneath the Surface DVD

Posted on: August 23 2008 @ 07:56 PM

Content:

I think that was the only time he was in a UNIT uniform.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=21065