Subject: Davison DVD commentaries: Rate 'em!

Posted on: March 04 2008 @ 02:53 PM
By: DarthSkeptical

Content:

Davison DVD commentaries are fairly well known for being fun, jokey affairs. Not, maybe, the kind of commentary you want if you're looking for in-depth analysis, but perhaps the best series of commentaries if you're want a laugh.

Which commentary is your favorite and why?

Replies:

Davison DVD commentaries: Rate 'em!

Posted on: March 04 2008 @ 05:07 PM
By: MikeD

Content:

My favourite is his R1 Five Doctors commentary with Terrance Dicks. Those two could make any commentary interesting.

Mike

Posted on: March 04 2008 @ 05:16 PM
By: Sideburn Zombie

Content:

Arc of Infinity is a great commentary. It has both Peter Davidson and Colin Baker. It might be the only DVD with both Doctors in the commentary. It's funny how they make fun of Colin Baker's Chicken Hat. They also treat Janet Fielding like a tea hostess.

Posted on: July 29 2008 @ 07:54 AM
By: Adam

Content:

Arc of Infinity has probably the best ever DVD commentary. Janet Fielding moaning about getting coffee for them. Colin Baker talking about the coffee business with Paul Jerricho. You can really tell that watching the scene with those. Of course, there's Colin's marvellous impersonation of the star of the show: Ermintrude, the chicken.

The Maxil Show

Starring Colin Baker
as Commander Maxil

Also featuring Ermintrude
as the Hat.

Posted on: July 29 2008 @ 01:07 PM
By: Omega

Content:

Earthshock is a fun bit of commentary. Its fun listening to the whole regular cast at the time make fun of Matthew Waterhouse's acting while he's right there.

Posted on: July 29 2008 @ 03:36 PM
By: Idiom

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Omega] Earthshock is a fun bit of commentary. Its fun listening to the whole regular cast at the time make fun of Matthew Waterhouse's acting while he's right there.[/QUOTE]
And fun hearing from the others about how he found out he'd been axed. Does the fact that I laughed make me a bad person?

Posted on: July 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
By: Smitty

Content:

Any commentary without Janet Fielding on the mic!

That's never gonna happen due to her presence for nearly the entire Davison era.

Okay Janet we know you didn't like your costumes or your hair.

Jeez I'd rather listen to the Poison Sky podcast commentary again!

Cath Tate going on about her dogs and lube is preferable...

But who am I, a humorless prat probably. Smile

-cs™

Posted on: October 03 2008 @ 08:39 PM
By: Dalek X

Content:

I quite like the Davison commentaries. I'd love to be albe to hear the ones from Arc of Infinity, but sadly, I have a Region 1 DVD, and it isn't on there. Ah, well. Anyone know where I could possibly be albe to listen to it, aside from getting a region free DVD player and buying the Region 2 version?

Posted on: October 04 2008 @ 07:42 AM
By: Tin-Dog-Podcast

Content:

email me and ill see what i can do.

Posted on: October 05 2008 @ 02:37 AM
By: Billyaxe

Content:

Hey Dalek X,
You said the Davison commentary is not on the region 1 DVD of Arc of Infinity. I have the region 1 DVD version and though commentaries are not listed on the outside rear cover, they are actually on there. Check the audio options link on the DVD menu.
If there is another pressing of Arc of Infinity out there without commentaries, someone please let us know.
And as stated before, the interaction betweem Davison and Colin Baker doing the commentary is priceless. --Billy

Posted on: October 20 2008 @ 11:10 PM
By: Billyaxe

Content:

Oh and I cant remember which commentary it was but Peter and someone else start joking calling janet "The Mouth on Legs" with there there in the recording booth. She took it well.
Ive always wanted to get her autograph and have her sign that nickname. --Billy

Posted on: October 21 2008 @ 08:32 AM
By: taff1a

Content:

I love all the Davison commentaries, particularly those with Janet Fielding. They're hilarious. Then again I liked the Poison Sky commentary...

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=21171