Subject: TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: March 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
By: daveac

Content:

A one-off special of Torchwood is being made to air on BBC Radio 4 in the summer.

See story here:-

Digital Spy

Cheers, daveac

Replies:

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: March 27 2008 @ 05:20 PM
By: shockeye07

Content:

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing how TW transfers to audio.

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: March 27 2008 @ 05:40 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

[QUOTE BY= shockeye07] Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing how TW transfers to audio. [/QUOTE]
There already are a few audio book readings of Torchwood novels…

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: March 27 2008 @ 05:52 PM
By: cybercolin

Content:

But this is a full blown Audio drama rather than a 'talking book'.

Why I have I got the feeling this Audio will be miles better than the TV series. Hmmmmm

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: March 28 2008 @ 08:37 PM
By: Doctor Whoovie

Content:

Maybe they'll be brave enough to have full frontal nudity in the audio drama rather than just lots of innuendo Big Grin

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: March 29 2008 @ 12:11 AM
By: silvanthalas

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]There already are a few audio book readings of Torchwood novels…[/QUOTE]

Audio books are one thing. Audio dramas are quite another.

I get the impression this is a drama.

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: March 29 2008 @ 02:34 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= silvanthalas] [QUOTE BY= tarashnat]There already are a few audio book readings of Torchwood novels…[/QUOTE]

Audio books are one thing. Audio dramas are quite another.

I get the impression this is a drama.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it could be a drama, but the article in the link isn't clear. But that is why I used so many words to describe the Torchwood audiobooks.

I was just bringing to people's attention that there already are the audio book readings of Torchwood novels available, if anyone wants more stories...

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: July 27 2008 @ 04:01 PM
By: Louis

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
A one-off special of Torchwood is being made to air on BBC Radio 4 in the summer.

See story here:-

Digital Spy

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

It's summer now (in the northern hemisphere), did this radio play transmit already? If not, is there a date scheduled for it yet?

Cheers,
Louis

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: July 27 2008 @ 04:14 PM

Content:

I haven't seen anything new about this...

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: July 27 2008 @ 09:18 PM
By: torchkat

Content:

from Gareth David-Lloyd.co.uk

"We don't have an airdate yet for the Torchwood team's adventure on Radio 4, which - and here comes the science bit - will tie in with the switch-on of the world's biggest particle accelerator in Switzerland. But a CD of the audio drama - produced by BBC Audiobooks and written by Joseph Lidster - can be pre-ordered now and will be available from 11th September 2008."

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: July 28 2008 @ 05:24 AM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= torchkat] from Gareth David-Lloyd.co.uk

"We don't have an airdate yet for the Torchwood team's adventure on Radio 4, which - and here comes the science bit - will tie in with the switch-on of the world's biggest particle accelerator in Switzerland. But a CD of the audio drama - produced by BBC Audiobooks and written by Joseph Lidster - can be pre-ordered now and will be available from 11th September 2008."[/QUOTE]

'....will tie in with the switch-on of the world's biggest particle accelerator in Switzerland...'

Perhaps James will be there for that.....as a Torchwood scientist Big Grin

Cheers, daveac

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: July 28 2008 @ 05:56 AM
By: Tin-Dog-Podcast

Content:

isnt that the same particle exelerator that is being used as the prototype for the one in France that will be a fusion reactor?...

you know the one suposed to make a black hole in the middle on europe... to give us all limitless clean power... or end the world when it breaks.

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: July 28 2008 @ 07:15 AM
By: Idiom

Content:

Or maybe a horde of daleks from a parallel universe will come swarming out of the black hole. Along with a Doctor and TARDIS who actually exists in that universe. Bags first ride in the TARDIS!
Well at least if the world ends it will be on a Doctor Who-Lite year.

TW to be on Radio4

Posted on: August 08 2008 @ 12:37 PM

Content:

Torchwood set for 'Big Bang' day reports that the Radio 4 episode will be broadcast on September 10th at 2:15PM BST.

OG: Lost Souls Premieres 10 September on Radio 4

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=21814