Subject: New Account Approvals

Posted on: April 12 2008 @ 01:18 PM
By: Louis

Content:

For the past couple of years now, we had to resort to approving each new account here manually. This is done to try to verify that each new account signing up here at the Embassy is truly a sentient being, not a spam-bot or one of the many paid-to-spam people (mostly human or were at least one time were human) that sign up solely to penetrate the sign-in process to then either spam themselves or passover the account over to spam-bots to do their dirty work.

This process is not unique to our site, as many interactive sites have to do it this way in order to weed out the evil-doers of spammers. But it can cause delays in getting legitimate accounts approved (i.e. the time it takes after signing up for a new account and before you can begin posting).

Long story, short (which may be too late now): Due to the increase amount of these nefarious bogus new sign-ups here on our site, it may be taking longer to process new accounts.

Therefore, if you have been waiting for your account to be approved but haven't been approved for more than a day or two or three, please let me know, so I can try to expedite that process.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers,

Louis

Replies:

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=22413