Subject: K9New Tails?

Posted on: October 15 2005 @ 03:42 PM
By: PolyphonicAsthma

Content:

Question Does anyone have any information reguarding a new K9 series in the works?

I was buzzing around a Doctor Who torrent site [I know, "naughty naughty" Wink] and came across an interview with Bob Baker and Paul Tams @ The Who Shop in London from Spring of 2005 were they discuss the updating of our favorite robotic companion and the "redesigning the new redesign".

Since this clip is from earlier in the year there should be more information floating around about it, shouldn't there? Ok, maybe not... Smile

Arrow The vid in question is less than 30 megs so if someone would like me to upload it somewhere for closer inspection please let me know.

Thanks for any info!

EDIT: Adding a link to the vid in a post below!

Replies:

K9New Tails?

Posted on: October 15 2005 @ 06:41 PM
By: Louis

Content:

Perhaps could it be in reference to the K9 returning in the next series? We reported it back in August, Doctor Who is Reunited with K9.

I haven't heard of any news of a new spin off series... There were some rumours floating around some years ago that K9 was being modernized for a new series, possibly an internet series (web based). But that never came to be and I am not sure there was any truth to it begin with at the time.

"A Family in Space"

Posted on: October 15 2005 @ 07:18 PM

Content:

Actually, in the vid I have it specifically states a *new tv series* and mentions a CGI company in manchester...

Dunno. Sounds interesting.

Shall I rip the audio and post an mp3 of the 4 minute interview somewhere?

K9New Tails?

Posted on: October 21 2005 @ 09:20 AM
By: johnrb

Content:

I dunno... robot dog series? Sounds very 80s to me. Not at all sure it would fly today.

K9New Tails?

Posted on: October 21 2005 @ 08:01 PM

Content:

I decided to upload that video if anyone's curious. The link is

Arrow http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TXROOEME

(Megaupload seemed like as good a place as any.)

BTW, I even checked the file by redownloading it to make sure it worked.

Please enjoy and then tell me what your thoughts are of an updated K9 series! Wink

K9New Tails?

Posted on: October 23 2005 @ 04:13 AM
By: Louis

Content:

Thanks for posting the video...

I am watching it now. Yes, you are right, from the discussion of Bob Baker and Paul Tams in this video, it most certainly sounds like they are trying to develop a new K9 series (outside of Doctor Who). My assumption is for television, but it was not made 100% clear. Perhaps it may be offered via the web. But the main stumbling block (which is often the case) is money. Perhaps this is why we haven't heard anything about it, perhaps the project is on hiatus until the funds materialize.

Interesting nonetheless. Thanks again for sharing it.

Cheers,
Louis

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=232