Subject: Cavern III

Posted on: May 06 2008 @ 04:52 AM
By: James

Content:

Hi all!

Just wanted to say that I had a lovely time at Who at the Cavern III.

I didn't get many interviews - but expect lots of photos in the media gallery.

I'll record a full review and you can expect a podcast of it later on in the week!

Cheers,

James

Replies:

Cavern III

Posted on: May 06 2008 @ 04:59 AM
By: Gabriel Chase

Content:

cheers.

behold my jellious face...

glad you had a good time.

Cavern III

Posted on: May 06 2008 @ 09:56 AM
By: Louis

Content:

Doctor Whoovie just posted a bunch photos from the event in our Media Gallery.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Cheers,
Louis

Cavern III

Posted on: May 06 2008 @ 01:31 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

James lives! Wink

Cavern III

Posted on: May 06 2008 @ 02:01 PM
By: James

Content:

It's alive! It's alllliiiive!

Or if you're a fan of Flash Gordon:
GORDON'S ALIVE!!!!!

Cavern III

Posted on: May 06 2008 @ 04:08 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= James] GORDON'S ALIVE!!!!![/QUOTE]
"Just cos he's better looking than me
Just cos he's cool and trendy
But I know hes a moron, Gordon is a moron,
Gordon is a moron, Gordon is a moron"

Sorry, reverting to my Jilted John days...

Cavern III

Posted on: May 06 2008 @ 04:52 PM
By: Idiom

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat] Sorry, reverting to my Jilted John days...[/QUOTE]
Then are you a fan of graham fellows' other creation: John Shuttleworth?

Cavern III

Posted on: May 06 2008 @ 05:08 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Idiom] [QUOTE BY= tarashnat] Sorry, reverting to my Jilted John days...[/QUOTE]
Then are you a fan of graham fellows' other creation: John Shuttleworth?[/QUOTE]
I prefer John Shuttleworth's multihull yacht designs... oh, wrong John Shuttleworth! I'm not familiar with the rest of Fellows' creations.

Cavern III

Posted on: May 13 2008 @ 03:09 PM

Content:

James, thanks for posting the wonderful photos i our Media Gallery (under Misc Doctor Who). They're great. Makes me feel like I was there (almost).

It also made me think... I believe that it means that out of all our listeners, and I could be wrong here, that Dr. Whoovie is the only one (at least active on our site) who has met James, Ken, and myself in person (though at different venues). Well, that will change in July when the three of us are in Boston together.

Cheers,
Louis

EDIT: added link to gallery—Taras

Cavern III

Posted on: May 13 2008 @ 03:22 PM

Content:

James,

It looks like you all had a great time. Nice pictures. I can't wait for yuor audio reportage.

Thanks!

Cavern III

Posted on: May 13 2008 @ 03:40 PM
By: Doctor Whoovie

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]

James, thanks for posting the wonderful photos i our Media Gallery (under Misc Doctor Who). They're great. Makes me feel like I was there (almost).

It also made me think... I believe that it means that out of all our listeners, and I could be wrong here, that Dr. Whoovie is the only one (at least active on our site) who has met James, Ken, and myself in person (though at different venues). Well, that will change in July when the three of us are in Boston together.

Cheers,
Louis[/QUOTE]

I have indeed now met James, Ken, Louis plus some of the other "audio regulars" Colin Bordley, Mike Doran and Sean Huxter.

Cavern III

Posted on: May 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Doctor Whoovie]I have indeed now met James, Ken, Louis plus some of the other "audio regulars" Colin Bordley, Mike Doran and Sean Huxter.[/QUOTE]
I have only met Mike, as he came to New York to stalk me, ummm, go on vacation, and we bumped into each other on the street.

Cavern III

Posted on: May 13 2008 @ 04:37 PM

Content:

That's it! Doctor Whoovie is our official Doctor Who: Podshock GROUPIE!

Wink

Cheers,
Louis

Cavern III

Posted on: May 13 2008 @ 04:52 PM
By: actorguy

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]

That's it! Doctor Whoovie is our official Doctor Who: Podshock GROUPIE![/QUOTE]

You misspelled "STALKER". :-)

Pat

Cavern III

Posted on: May 13 2008 @ 10:35 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]

That's it! Doctor Whoovie is our official Doctor Who: Podshock GROUPIE!

Wink

Cheers,
Louis[/QUOTE]

I said met, don't you have to do something more than that to be considered a groupie? Cool

Besides James looks about 15 (shows how old I am
getting - in truth James must be much nearer my
teenage son's age than mine). James is just starting
his Ph.D, I started mine over 19 years ago Cry (I did finish it though)

Beside, if you guys can't be bothered to even meet up, don't blame me. I was kind of hoping that Dave AC and
Tin Dog would turn up in Liverpool, but either they didn't or they hid from the rest of us.

PS: I can now let the Doctor's Daughter rumor we heard out (since it isn't really a plot spoiler). The Doctor's Daughter is the new DW spin-off series replacing Torchwood! (okay, no more TV Torchwood - audio only may be a spoiler)

Thought it wasn't true for a while but then she spontaneously regenerated, so it's probably accurate.

Cavern III

Posted on: May 14 2008 @ 12:39 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Doctor Whoovie]

I said met, don't you have to do something more than that to be considered a groupie? Cool

[/QUOTE]
Well, I didn't mean to imply anything sexual...

James is just starting
his Ph.D, I started mine over 19 years ago Cry (I did finish it though)
[/QUOTE]
Yep, that's right, you are as ancient as the hills. Seriously, it's hard to believe you have a teenage son. Hmm... unless your started your PhD at age 11.. Really, you're not as elderly as you are painting yourself.

PS: I can now let the Doctor's Daughter rumor we heard out (since it isn't really a plot spoiler). The Doctor's Daughter is the new DW spin-off series replacing Torchwood! (okay, no more TV Torchwood - audio only may be a spoiler)

Thought it wasn't true for a while but then she spontaneously regenerated, so it's probably accurate.[/QUOTE]
Nooooo! It's bad enough that Torchwood was just a reinvention of UNIT, we don't need another reinvention of the Doctor in the guise of Jenny.

Cheers,
Louis

Cavern III

Posted on: May 14 2008 @ 04:38 AM
By: Tin Dog Podcast

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Doctor Whoovie] I was kind of hoping that Dave AC and
Tin Dog would turn up in Liverpool, but either they didn't or they hid from the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry. i'd have loved to have attended but other commitments and a MASSIVE lack of funds and transport prevented me.

Oh and I cant see Jenny Who happening just yet as little Mz Moffet is in her own show. a spin off from Spooks set in the future.

Sounds a bit like Bugs to me

i think Spooks is called Mi6 or something in the US. which is odd as the term for spies ie Spooks is an American thing for the CIA (the other CIA not the Galifreyan meddling society)

Cavern III

Posted on: May 14 2008 @ 07:34 AM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Doctor Whoovie] I was kind of hoping that Dave AC and
Tin Dog would turn up in Liverpool, but either they didn't or they hid from the rest of us.
[/QUOTE]

I've never gone to conventions - I suppose because back in the day you were expected to 'dress-up' as a character and that's something I could never do.

They also seem to be something that you have to book months in advance (with I understand from the organizer's point of view) which is something I find hard to do.

And the total costs can add up to quite a bit.

'One day, I shall come (back) Yes, I shall come (back)until then.....'

Cheers, daveac

Cavern III

Posted on: May 14 2008 @ 08:45 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac] [QUOTE BY= Doctor Whoovie] I was kind of hoping that Dave AC and
[/QUOTE]

I've never gone to conventions - I suppose because back in the day you were expected to 'dress-up' as a character and that's something I could never do.

They also seem to be something that you have to book months in advance (with I understand from the organizer's point of view) which is something I find hard to do.

And the total costs can add up to quite a bit.

'One day, I shall come (back) Yes, I shall come (back)until then.....'

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

I guess there were a couple of kids dressed up, a gent dressed as the Doctor (James posted a picture of him) and one lady dressed as Astrid, other than that it was regular Joes.

The ticket was 25 UK Pounds (I don't have the symbol on my US keyboard) and went to the "Alder Hey Childrens Hospital Imagine Appeal" charity. The autographs were free if you brought your own items, only had to buy photos to be signed if you wanted to.
I believe that the guests were donating their time (though I believe their travel and accomadation costs were covered).

There was a charity auction where the bidding got quite high (mainly for Autographs of David Tennant, Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper) but that was optional. James and I actually split a lot which you may hear more about later.

Plus it is actually quite fun to meet other people from the forums and podcast. (There you go, I am a groupie).

But Dave, PERI WAS THERE!!

More importantly, Barry Letts was there. He has been quite ill recently and certainly looks rather frail, I suspect he will be attending this kind of event much less frequently in the future.

His take on the new show was quite interesting. In his opinion (although he enjoys the programme) he finds the music completely overpowering and believes that in a 45 minute show there should be relatively large sections with no background music. Also he, Terrence Dicks and Colin Baker were quite critical of the large plot holes
which virtually all the current series storys have when you try to analyse them in depth.

With regards to the music, I find that when I listen to them on my surround system (using ProLogic II TV setting) that the music swamps the dialog often - both from red eye flight and the DVDs - maybe I need to adjust my EQ settings but Classic Who DVDs, Torchwood DVDs and virtually everything else I watch sounds fine.

Cavern III

Posted on: May 14 2008 @ 11:00 AM

Content:

You could try £, which is

& # 1 6 3 ;

with the spaces removed...

Cavern III

Posted on: October 22 2008 @ 05:44 AM
By: capricorn1

Content:

[QUOTE BY= James] Hi all!

I'll record a full review and you can expect a podcast of it later on in the week!

Cheers,
James[/QUOTE]
Any news on when this podcast may appear? Question

Cavern III

Posted on: October 22 2008 @ 10:05 AM
By: merlin_mccarley

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]

& # 1 6 3 ;

with the spaces removed... [/QUOTE]

Or if on a PC the £ is ALT156 that is hold down ALT and press 156 then release the ALT key. (Had to put in a word for the PC users in here ye know Wink )

Cavern III

Posted on: October 22 2008 @ 04:24 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= merlin_mccarley] [QUOTE BY= tarashnat]

& # 1 6 3 ;

with the spaces removed... [/QUOTE]

Or if on a PC the £ is ALT156 that is hold down ALT and press 156 then release the ALT key. (Had to put in a word for the PC users in here ye know Wink )[/QUOTE]

My post was standard HTML which is cross-platform, so anyone can use it in this forum. Though I am a Mac-head, I try to be platform agnostic,... sometimes,... OK, rarely! Twisted Evil

Cavern III

Posted on: October 22 2008 @ 04:58 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= capricorn1] [QUOTE BY= James] Hi all!

Cheers,
James[/QUOTE]
Any news on when this podcast may appear? Question [/QUOTE]

I will touch base with James about it. I know he was very busy during the summer and was out of the country for a bit as well. I am not sure if he ever had the time to record a full review.

Cheers,
Louis

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=23514