Subject: [Spoiler} Torchwood casting?

Posted on: July 25 2008 @ 12:53 PM
By: daveac

Content:

Digital Sky mentions a item from The Sun - that

White Text follows:-

Torchwood's third season will not feature Freema Agyeman after she landed a role in an ITV drama, according to a report.

I wonder if this is because it's only going to be a 5 episode season - whereas if it had been a 'full' series this wouldn't have happenned.

Not too bothered by this 'news' myself.

Cheers, daveac

Replies:

[Spoiler} Torchwood casting?

Posted on: July 25 2008 @ 07:37 PM
By: mad4plaid

Content:

I'm with you on this.

Posted on: July 26 2008 @ 03:42 AM
By: Louis

Content:

Dave you may not be bothered by the news, but same can't be said about RTD if this article in The Sun is to believed.

Cheers,
Louis

Posted on: July 26 2008 @ 05:52 AM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]

Dave you may not be bothered by the news, but same can't be said about RTD if this article in The Sun is to believed.

Cheers,
Louis[/QUOTE]

Well - yes, I'm sure it's put their noses out of joint - but I expect the 'person' thought as it's only a 5 episode series they would do better elsewhere.

You would have thought both jobs could have be done with a bit of re-gigging - but perhaps it was conditional on sign for series 4 as well (if there is one)

Cheers, daveac

Posted on: July 28 2008 @ 10:50 AM
By: silvanthalas

Content:

I love the over the top writing of this article.

"FUMING Torchwood bosses"
"Scriptwriters spent months writing gripping storylines"

Rolling Eyes

At any rate, if Davies and the rest are worth their weight in salt, they should've foreseen this possibility. Maybe they wouldn't be going through this if they hadn't decided to make the show less than half it's former self.

Posted on: July 28 2008 @ 12:25 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

[QUOTE BY= silvanthalas] Maybe they wouldn't be going through this if they hadn't decided to make the show less than half it's former self.[/QUOTE]
I think that the productions of Doctor Who and Torchwood were limited by tight budgets caused by the BBC not getting the licence fee increase it was expecting, and not some arbitrary decision by the production teams of the two programmes to scale back production.

Posted on: July 30 2008 @ 11:01 AM
By: silvanthalas

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]I think that the productions of Doctor Who and Torchwood were limited by tight budgets caused by the BBC not getting the licence fee increase it was expecting, and not some arbitrary decision by the production teams of the two programmes to scale back production.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know about Torchwood, but the DW producers have been making it sound like it was indeed an arbitrary decision, that the specials-not-season for the next year was intended from the start, and not as a result of any outside influence.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=26355