Subject: [SPOILER] This news is BIG

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 04:00 AM
By: Louis

Content:

OK, please be warned, this is a massive... I mean...

MASSIVE SPOILER...

The thing is, if this is true, once this gets out, there's going to be very little that can be done to contain it. So it will ruin the 'surprise' for fans and followers of the series.

Follow this link by your own accord and your own risk. It will give away a MAJOR surprise for a future Doctor Who special though.

Arrow Sun Article (I can't even type the title of the article without giving it all away)

Cheers,

Louis

Replies:

[SPOILER] This news is BIG

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 04:12 AM
By: Tardis-Knight

Content:

If you're in the UK at least, it'll be almost impossible to avoid it. As soon as anything Who related appears (usually in the Sun), if it's of any significance, I can guarantee someone will tell me about it.

The news is big - and if done well (assuming it IS done at all), I personally would love it.

White Text

I've been re-watching all the Hornblower stuff recently - and he is just so cool and natural in it. Proper dashing (as my girlfriend is always pointing out when he's on screen). I've also recently been listening to the audiobooks from the Imperial War Musuem archives, where actual soldiers accounts are read. He does that brilliantly too. Everything he does he does it well.

And although I'd say that No.6 is probably my favourite BF Doctor - McGann is just so good.

End White Text

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 04:34 AM
By: Tin-Dog-Podcast

Content:

white text

Like you say this is huge and VERY cool.

now... the real questions

1) he said he didnt want to wear the wig...

2) Will he have a companion

3) Sheridan Smith or Charlie Pollard?

let the Lucy/Charlie Fight Begin!!!!!

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 04:37 AM

Content:

As I said, I don't think there is going to any way of containing it. In fact, if turns out to be untrue, it is now going to be a huge disappointment for fans now expecting to see it.

I think, if true, once the production realizes the cat is out of the bag, they will just openly publicize it for marketing purposes.

And if it is indeed true, this is just fantastic! I would definitely be looking forward to it!

Cheers,
Louis

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 04:40 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Tin-Dog-Podcast] white text

Like you say this is huge and VERY cool.

now... the real questions

1) he said he didnt want to wear the wig...

...[/QUOTE]

Well, The Sun article does address your number 1 question.

Cheers,
Louis

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 04:47 AM

Content:

If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see an official announcement about it soon and the BBC use it to market the upcoming specials.

Cheers,
Louis

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 04:48 AM

Content:

Hmmm.

not happy about that.

white text

when I saw him at a con his hair was long.. ish... and would have looked fine

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 05:19 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Tin-Dog-Podcast] Hmmm.

not happy about that.

...[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. It's part of the character. But at this point, "beggars can't be choosey" I suppose.

Cheers,
Louis

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 05:23 AM

Content:

indeed...

i hope its true...

hope hope hope...

and I want C not L if he has a some one with him

I love L but she is too much like R (only better)

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 07:43 AM
By: daveac

Content:

Looks like (white text)
another switch on the idea of 'doctor-lite episodes' - doctor-lite by having a different doctor :-)

Perhaps 2009 won't be too bad after all!

Cheers, daveac

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 08:39 AM
By: sgb1975

Content:

Louis, please take this as a formal request to add a "drooling" emoticon to all post composition pages on the site, because if this is indeed true I really wish we had one right now...

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 09:03 AM
By: shockeye07

Content:

If it is true then as far as I am concerned it is great news. By the way how do you do that white text ?

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 10:08 AM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= shockeye07] If it is true then as far as I am concerned it is great news. By the way how do you do that white text ?[/QUOTE]

Simple - above your reply text box where is says 'Font Color - 'Default' is showing.
Click on the arrow and select 'white'

Make sure you then type within the two (font color=white)-(/font) section - like this:-

Here is my white text

Cheers, daveac

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 10:40 AM
By: tarashnat

Content:

This has been going around the rumour mills so long, it had to appear in the Sun. Wasn't he supposed to be in the series 4 finalé?

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 10:59 AM
By: James

Content:

If it is true - then it's fantastic!

The Sun of late have been dead on target with rumours.

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 11:16 AM
By: Fairport

Content:

If this is the case, then I no longer feel quite as embarrassed about the seeing Paul McGann again in Doctor Who question I had originally posed to Steven Moffat on the first day of Gallifrey 2008 and then nervously asked Paul Cornell two days later on podshock. As a fanboy, I must say this is a dream come true.

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 11:23 AM
By: actorguy

Content:

I doubt it's true, but I'd LOVE it!

White text:

But I would rather see a new full series with McGann and Sheridan Smith. Who says the new series can't go back in the Doctor's personal history and show us some stories? It would be a chance to do all kinds of hints to things in the future that we know about but the Doctor doesn't.

I know, I know, it wouldn't be good for the casual viewers - too fanwanky.

So sue me!

End white text.

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 11:30 AM
By: Fairport

Content:

[QUOTE BY= actorguy] I doubt it's true, but I'd LOVE it!

[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping Doctor Who fans will see this performance and demand exactly what you just brought up.

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 11:45 AM
By: merlin_mccarley

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Fairport] [QUOTE BY= actorguy] I doubt it's true, but I'd LOVE it!

[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping Doctor Who fans will see this performance and demand exactly what you just brought up. [/QUOTE]

Seconded! And with Moffat soon to be at helm, we can hope that the Timey Wimey nature of the concept will be acceptable to the great unwashed. We live in hope.

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
By: Idiom

Content:

I know that a lot of you disapprove of this type of rumour but at least it keeps the programme in the public eye and makes people talk about it rather than letting it just fade away in its year off. Look at how excited we all are all of a sudden.
If only just one of the rumours that have emerged about the specials over the last few days is true that I will be one exited bunny!

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 03:15 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Idiom] I know that a lot of you disapprove of this type of rumour but at least it keeps the programme in the public eye and makes people talk about it rather than letting it just fade away in its year off. Look at how excited we all are all of a sudden.
If only just one of the rumours that have emerged about the specials over the last few days is true that I will be one exited bunny![/QUOTE]

Good point. Just like back in the day, JNT would welcome the rumours such as the one of the next actor to play the Doctor might be female just to get the programme back in the press and the 'talk of the town' -- it generates excitement and interest.

Cheers,
Louis

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 04:12 PM
By: DrWho001

Content:

I hope this is true.

If it is please can we see (white text) A regeneration. We don't need to see Eccleston appear just use stock footage from his time as the doctor.

Oh and I think L would be better than C if he has to have someone with him and plus L fits better at that time. I like C but I find L much funnier, as has been said L is like R but much much better.

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 04:58 PM
By: Justice

Content:

white text:

YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOO!!

end white text.

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 05:00 PM
By: The 11th Doctor

Content:

This is incredible if it turns out to be in fact true. White text follows:

I do wish he would have at least slightly longer locks than I have seen him in as late. I have to agree with Louis though that even with short hair it will be cool just to see him reprise the roll. And hey, Peter Davidson had al LOT less hair than his previous incarnation as the Doctor (mostly on top) in Time Crash albeit explained away by Ten.

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
By: ebassluis

Content:

WOOHOOO!!!

White text follows:

Would be a great way to tie in Big Finish productions with the current series and also generate interest with newer fans who might not be aware of the Big Finish audios.

End of white text.

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 05:24 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Justice] white text:

YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOO!!

end white text.[/QUOTE]

LOL. That is cute.

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 05:52 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Idiom] I know that a lot of you disapprove of this type of rumour but at least it keeps the programme in the public eye and makes people talk about it rather than letting it just fade away in its year off. Look at how excited we all are all of a sudden.
If only just one of the rumours that have emerged about the specials over the last few days is true that I will be one exited bunny![/QUOTE]

I think it distracts from the important things, like The Sarah Jane Adventures coming at the end of the month! Wink

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 09:39 PM
By: Smitty

Content:

D Skep is nowhere to be seen!

-cs™

Posted on: September 11 2008 @ 11:44 PM
By: T Baker(notTom)

Content:

[QUOTE BY= DrWho001]
If it is please can we see (white text) A regeneration. We don't need to see Eccleston appear just use stock footage from his time as the doctor.
[/QUOTE]

White text:

... not only that it could be used as a flshback story to tie-in the "Time War" mentioned in the last few years.

Big Grin AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Big Grin (...and I don't use that word often!}

Posted on: September 12 2008 @ 10:47 AM
By: stjohnny

Content:

I CANT FRICKIN WAIT!

HE WAS MY DOCTOR!

Posted on: September 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM

Content:

It must be true, now that the BBC has denied it...

BBC refutes McGann 'Dr Who' return story

Posted on: September 12 2008 @ 03:09 PM
By: timeflight

Content:

I don't think the sun have got anything DW related wrong have they?

This is great news, and what everyone has always wanted.

Posted on: September 12 2008 @ 03:15 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= timeflight] I don't think the sun have got anything DW related wrong have they?
[/QUOTE]
Dennis Hopper, Ben Kingsley as Davros, Woody Allen, Harriet Jones as a Dalek, various female Doctor pieces, just to name the most egregious ones...

Posted on: September 12 2008 @ 03:42 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat] [QUOTE BY= timeflight] I don't think the sun have got anything DW related wrong have they?
[/QUOTE]
Dennis Hopper, Ben Kingsley as Davros, Woody Allen, Harriet Jones as a Dalek, various female Doctor pieces, just to name the most egregious ones...[/QUOTE]

If I am not mistaken it was The Sun that reported in early 2006 that the theme was being redone for the series by a different musician (other than Murray Gold, I can't recall the name now off hand, though I did contact said musician at the time and received no reply from him).

Cheers,
Louis

Posted on: September 12 2008 @ 04:07 PM
By: T Baker(notTom)

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
It must be true, now that the BBC has denied it...

BBC refutes McGann 'Dr Who' return story[/QUOTE]

If the story from digital spy is true - all I can say is I thought it was too good to be true. Cry

Here's hoping that the digital spy story was wrong. Twisted Evil

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=26998