Subject: SJA Ep. 2.1 The Last Sontaran (Part One) [SPOILERS]

Posted on: September 29 2008 @ 10:11 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

I really enjoyed this start to the series. We have the most direct tie-in to Doctor Who's story arcs yet. It was good to see Maria still in this story.

Replies:

SJA Ep. 2.1 The Last Sontaran (Part One) [SPOILERS]

Posted on: September 30 2008 @ 04:42 AM
By: Louis

Content:

Agreed. It is off to a good start. I am glad they didn't give the cliffhanger away during the teaser for the next episode.

It also looks like the actor Tommy Knight that plays Luke has shot up a bit since we last saw him. He seems to be around the same height as Elisabeth Sladen now. I think they tried to be careful or at the very least mindful about that with scenes that included both of them, it will be interesting to see if he is still sprouting up as the series progresses. Not a criticism, just a comment.

Once again, a good start for series 2 of TSJA.

Cheers,
Louis

Posted on: September 30 2008 @ 06:49 AM
By: cybercolin

Content:

Great start to the series, what a piece of casting they did in getting Clyde! He's the only one of the teenagers that acts like a teenager! i thought his banter with the Sontaran was great!

And what's with naming Maria's replacment, Rani? Now I understand it to be a very common Asian name and there's prob nothing in it but I find it quite strange that the writers have gave her the same name as a well-known Doctor Who villain. Think i'll pop over to OG and read the 'hillarous' posts/lectures!

(Edit: just noticed there are two topics for both episodes, sorry!)

Posted on: September 30 2008 @ 08:25 AM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= cybercolin] Great start to the series,

(Edit: just noticed there are two topics for both episodes, sorry!)[/QUOTE]

Yes - I didn't know what part of your post was about! Tempted to delete it Twisted Evil

I only watched the first episode as I don't like seeing the logo on screen and I also try to stop watching the 'teaser' at the end - which is strange as I often follow 'spoiler' links.

I thought it a great start - and they had the advantage of being able to use some Dr Who footage (space battle) - but the effects like the crash site were also well done.

All in all a very good start - and I'm looking forward to chatting about it on CIA on Sunday (TalkShoe willing :-( )

Cheers, daveac

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=27271