Subject: Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: October 31 2008 @ 05:41 PM
By: Idiom

Content:

So DT is to appear in 5 specials. The current rumours, if true (which is a very long shot but just in case I've added a spoiler tag) would mean the folllowing:

1. The Next Doctor (ok we know this is true)

2. The return of the Master

3. The return of Catherine Tate

4. An Eighth Doctor Flashback story?

5. A regeneration episode.

Of course, the last four could all happen in the same story. Anything else we know yet or would like to see?

Replies:

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: October 31 2008 @ 05:53 PM
By: doogie448

Content:

You know what would be cool? The Master somehow manipulating Donna and turning her against the Doctor. She could trigger his regeneration by trying to kill him....

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: October 31 2008 @ 06:04 PM
By: cybercolin

Content:

I think you'll see Donna in the same episode as The Master, don't forget that ring what she had on!

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: October 31 2008 @ 06:29 PM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Idiom] So DT is to appear in 5 specials. The current rumours, if true (which is a very long shot but just in case I've added a spoiler tag) would mean the folllowing:
1. The Next Doctor (ok we know this is true)
2. The return of the Master
3. The return of Catherine Tate
4. An Eighth Doctor Flashback story?
5. A regeneration episode.

Of course, the last four could all happen in the same story. Anything else we know yet or would like to see?[/QUOTE]

The Meddling Monk?

Cheers, daveac

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 01 2008 @ 07:14 AM
By: romana_II

Content:

I don't want the story with Paul McGann to be pure flashback anymore.

This maybe my fangirl talking, but we only have limited time for Ten.
So my hopes for the possible Time war story is this: Multi doctor story with Eight and Ten, taking place in the Time War (is a few flashbacks) and Ten's regeneration caused by Ten sacrificing himself to save Gallifrey and the Time Lords.

This is what I want ^_^
If it happens that is another story.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 11 2008 @ 10:01 PM
By: mad4plaid

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] I don't want the story with Paul McGann to be pure flashback anymore.

So my hopes for the possible Time war story is this: Multi doctor story with Eight and Ten, taking place in the Time War (is a few flashbacks) and Ten's regeneration caused by Ten sacrificing himself to save Gallifrey and the Time Lords.

This is what I want ^_^
If it happens that is another story.[/QUOTE]

would that mean that Gallifrey and the Time Lords are returning? that would be tres cool.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 12 2008 @ 03:35 AM

Content:

Tres cool indeed Big Grin

Two of favorite doctors on screen together, plus a great end for Ten, and the return of Gallifrey (and hopefully Romana)
It's my fangirl dream.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 12 2008 @ 08:27 AM
By: BongMong

Content:

Susan comes back to be the next assistant?

Bound to happen... Smile

Still, it seems odd that the Doctor never mentions her. He never sees her, talks about her or anything. it's all a bit odd, you'd think he's have a bit of affection for her wouldn't you?

I never did see Susan's last episode. Did they part on bad terms?

Perhaps Adric survived that crash after all, he could return to the Tardis with Susan!

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
By: T Baker(notTom)

Content:

[QUOTE BY= BongMong] Susan comes back to be the next assistant?

Bound to happen... Smile

Still, it seems odd that the Doctor never mentions her. He never sees her, talks about her or anything. it's all a bit odd, you'd think he's have a bit of affection for her wouldn't you?

I never did see Susan's last episode. Did they part on bad terms?
[/QUOTE]

The last regular episode with Susan (The Dalek Invasion of Earth: Flashpoint (episode 6)) saw The Doctor locking the doors of the TARDIS and keeping Susan out. The Doctor realized that Susan had fallen in love with David Campbell and made the decision that she should stay with her future husband. The Doctor had earlier overheard Susan and David and when Susan said something about leaving with The Doctor "Because he needs me". He realized that She had grown up and it was time for her to find her own life and made the decision for both of them. Susan watched the TARDIS fade away and the shoe she held in her hand dropped to the ground and David came to her side.

The opening of "The Five Doctors" uses a part of the good-bye speech the Doctor made to Susan as the prologue for the episode.

It would be nice to see Susan again but she would have to be recast because Carol-Anne Ford may be too old for the role. Maybe she had a regeneration? She's from Galifrey, after all.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 12 2008 @ 05:36 PM
By: mad4plaid

Content:

[QUOTE BY= BongMong]
Perhaps Adric survived that crash after all[/QUOTE]

Bite Your Tongue!!

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 12 2008 @ 07:28 PM

Content:

Iím most likely one of the few who would love to see Adric back Razz

Itís kind of possible. The dinosaur (Myfanwy ^^) in Torchwood came through the rift, whoís to say that Adric if he had survived couldnít come through too.

Again, a fangirl can dream.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 12 2008 @ 08:18 PM
By: cybercolin

Content:

I would like to see Dinosaurs in Doctor Who but no Adric. Big Grin

Big Finish's 'The Boy That Time Forgot' was bad enough...

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= cybercolin] I would like to see Dinosaurs in Doctor Who but no Adric. Big Grin [/QUOTE]

Just hope the special effects are not like those in "Invasion of the Dinosaurs", if you looked close enough you could see the wires and sticks that moved the dino-models... and the Scarasean (sp?) in "Terror of the Zygons" (in the London scene) ruined the episode.

Dinosaurs haven't really done well in "Doctor Who" but, with the improvements of technology It could be done quite well - if they choose to.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 13 2008 @ 02:29 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= T Baker(notTom)] Just hope the special effects are not like those in "Invasion of the Dinosaurs", if you looked close enough you could see the wires and sticks that moved the dino-models... and the Scarasean (sp?) in "Terror of the Zygons" (in the London scene) ruined the episode.

Dinosaurs haven't really done well in "Doctor Who" but, with the improvements of technology It could be done quite well - if they choose to.[/QUOTE]

You've picked the two stories which I feel would really benefit from new CGI effects on the DVDs

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 14 2008 @ 10:40 PM
By: Linquel

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Idiom] You've picked the two stories which I feel would really benefit from new CGI effects on the DVDs[/QUOTE]

When they put the enhanced CGI effects on the DVDs, do you have the option of watching with the original effects if you want? Or can you only see the new effects?

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 15 2008 @ 11:07 AM
By: tarashnat

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Linquel] [QUOTE BY= Idiom] You've picked the two stories which I feel would really benefit from new CGI effects on the DVDs[/QUOTE]

When they put the enhanced CGI effects on the DVDs, do you have the option of watching with the original effects if you want? Or can you only see the new effects?[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is usually an option. You can watch with or without the new CGI effects.

What the Restoration Team often does is try to fix stuff like bad chromakeying, etc., like on Robot, where I remember the legs of the robot disappearing when I watched it on TV in the late seventies, but it is fixed on the DVD.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: November 15 2008 @ 02:38 PM

Content:

... And they didn't remove the hand holding down the pillow in "The Pyramids of Mars" (R-1) when Sutech stands. If there are improvements like that on the DVDs why didn't they fix that?

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: December 20 2008 @ 10:39 AM

Content:

Some interesting hints in the Christmas Radio Times. Firstly, that the next (second) special will feature the Doctor without his TARDIS. Secondly, that next Christmas (2009) the Gate is waiting for the Doctor.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: December 22 2008 @ 01:59 PM
By: DrWho001

Content:

Todays advent calender is a tease of the Christmas Episode Podcast. This I believe is region locked. Now it says on there that they tease about easter but from listening to it, there is possibly a big spoiler on this snippet then on what Julie Gardener says on here is a 2 part finale to the specials. This may mean we get a Christmas Special and then a New Years Day special to say goodbye to Tennant.

I know this says spoilers but I am gonna try and hide what was said.

RTD asked Julie Gardner if she knew what the Nimon where. She said no it sounds like a musical instrument. She goes on to say they can only tease as to what the 2 part finale will be as they have discussed a few things. Russell then says well then you know what a Nimon is. He does of course go on to say its not written so things may change.

Sounds interesting.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: December 22 2008 @ 02:46 PM
By: daveac

Content:

Some of RTD's thoughts here:-

Digital Spy

cheers, daveac

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: January 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
By: adeola

Content:

[QUOTE BY= romana_II] I don't want the story with Paul McGann to be pure flashback anymore.

This is what I want ^_^
If it happens that is another story.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me!! Big Grin

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: February 19 2009 @ 04:35 AM
By: hypocaust

Content:

Lindsay Duncan will play an older (she's 58) companion in the second special. More information here.
In the article it states that she'll be "the Doctor's cleverest companion yet". I'm assuming it means of the new series rather than that she'll be even more of a genius than Zoe or Romana but who knows.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: February 21 2009 @ 05:12 PM
By: Chase

Content:

Catherne Tate? That would be spectacular. I hate how Donna was written out and lov her character and how Tate played her. I also think if the Doc is going to regenerate, its so much more fun to see the reactions of people who knew him as it happens right in front of them. Perhaps the actual rgeneration will trigger her memories and also heal her at the same time. Perhaps Martha will be around. So we know that he will regenerate in one of these things.

Frankly I have LOW hopes for thes stories as RTD is still involved in them. I also know that UNIT will be involved and that could be good (as in the two part Sontaran story) or bad (as in the Master story).

As for the Master: I hope he does not return if it will be Jon Simms. I hated that portrayal and hated t that two parter. Derek Jacobi? Bring him on. Or any NEW slant on the Master that doesn't involved the awful writing we were forced to watch at the end of season 3. So unles something serouly scary,diffrent, or new is done iwth theMaster, let him ad all the time lords stay dead!

I actually think they will be doing a Gallifrey story some time soon. It's the only thing RTD hasn't done, a full story set on Gallifrey and I can see his tick off list having that on it. Maybe a TV version of LUNGBarrow, the novel with plenty of people around to see he Doc regenerate: maybe even Leela, Sarah, Martha, Jack, etc. Somehow I think it will all be a big mess.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: February 21 2009 @ 05:15 PM

Content:

Ah almost forgot: I doubt that there will be any long flashback story with any past Doctor, especialy 8. Now I love 8 and Paul McGann, however, when the TV movie came out, many, including RTD, were critical of it and of him (QUEER AS FOLK, the original or maybe the second season of RTD's version has the character say that Paul McGann as the DOctor doesn't count). Frankly, they will stay on the Doc theyhave. I'd love to see a multi Doctor story, with others played 1,2,3 or CGIing them and with 4,5,6,,7 and 8 and 9. But I seriously doubt that they could pull that off nd have a good story to boot.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: February 22 2009 @ 05:43 AM
By: capricorn1

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Chase]... many, including RTD, were critical of it and of him (QUEER AS FOLK, the original or maybe the second season of RTD's version has the character say that Paul McGann as the DOctor doesn't count).[/QUOTE]
Now, other than a line RTD wrote for a character in a show he wrote, do you have any proof that RTD doesn't actually like the 8th Doctor? I can think of several occasions where RTD has described his love of the 8th Doctor and the 'TV Movie'. The line in Queer as Folk was just that.... a fictional line spoken by a fictional character.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: April 08 2009 @ 05:42 PM
By: Louis

Content:

** Possible SPOILER ALERT - Be Warned **

Arrow Doctor Who is back in town (WalesOnline)

Cheers,
Louis

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: April 09 2009 @ 11:29 AM

Content:

We have some confirmation about Bernard Cribbins returning to the show. He's playing Donna's Grandfather again.

Arrow DIGITAL SPY: Cribbins to be new "Doctor Who" companion

The article reports that this was mentioned on BBC Breakfast so there is probably some truth to this.

On to other news.

David Tennant admits he cried when he read the script for his final "Doctor Who" scene. Here is a link to the story from BBC Newsbeat

Arrow Tennant cried over final "Doctor Who" scene

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: April 09 2009 @ 01:36 PM

Content:

Yes, RTD loves the 8th Doctor now but years ago just after the TV movie, he was pretty critical of it IIRC but yeah, he's said some nice things now

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: April 09 2009 @ 01:37 PM

Content:

Ahh, so RTD wsnt to have a bit of a last chance for bit of a laugh as he sends off the 10th Doctor. Let's hope we're not laughing too too much at how lame it will be. Hopefully it will be really really good like DOOMSDAY and the last Chris Ecclesson story which sent him off well. RTD can do it h'e 's just not proven it to me in a long time.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: April 09 2009 @ 08:33 PM
By: Louis

Content:

Here we go again...

** Possible SPOILERS **

Arrow Who are you kissing NOW, Doc? David Tennant and ______________ (**Possible SPOILER**) get close in Doctor Who (Mail Online)

Cheers,
Louis

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: April 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM

Content:

Three to go.
There seem to be more and more hints that the Doctor will not leave the next special unscathed. That something iireversible will happen to him that can only happen because we know that the tenth Doctor's days are almost over. I read in the Radio Times a while back that at some point he might be losing the TARDIS for a time. Is it that or something more terrible, I wonder?

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: April 22 2009 @ 01:38 PM

Content:

Not that this is really important but I found this on Digital Spy about who is going to be knocking four time in the upcoming specials (Carmen's prophecy in "Planet of the Dead")

Arrow Who is knocking up the Doctor?

I don't know what it means yet but we'll find out in December.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 06 2009 @ 12:00 PM

Content:

We have a name for one of the guest on the 2-part Christmas special - JUNE WHITFIELD

Digital spy reports that she will be in the Christmas special - but not much more info is available. Here's the story:

Arrow June Whitfield confirmed for "Who" special

Also mentioned in the article is David Harewood (currently in "Robin Hood") who will appear as well.

Now for some conjecture:

Neil Wilkes from Digital Spy has a clip from an interview with John Barrowman about a possible return to "Doctor Who" but John denys it adamantly. I don't know what to think about this but here is the link:

Arrow John Barrowman talks "Who" return

I'm not sure what's going but I'm thinking of the line "thou doth protest too much" (paraphrased from "Hamlet").

Hey, I could be wrong - I've been wrong before. Wink

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 07 2009 @ 05:03 PM

Content:

I don't know why but I predict the Reapers will be involved and somehow someway Joan Redfern will be reunited with a part of the Doctor that separates from the Doctor and begins life as John Smith and that life we saw in HUMAN NATURE will be his life and his end, while the rest of the Doctor regenerates into the 11th.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 09 2009 @ 12:14 PM

Content:

I also think and I might have posted this already: and could be completely wrong: I think Gallifrey will present itself somehow in the last two...can't wait for it to all be over so we can move on to the 11th Doctor and leave behind all the trash...sorry could not resist that. It's just how I feel.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 09 2009 @ 08:33 PM
By: Milamber

Content:

Latest rumour. One I hope is not true.

Meet The Doctor's Mum

Also, I'm not sure why they're wheeling out SJ & Son (and maybe Captain Jack) again. Didn't we do all this in the last finale?

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 09 2009 @ 10:48 PM

Content:

Good God, she's playing Leela! (NEW AD joke; or maybe Leela was his mum?). Anyway does that mean that Luke is to appear also? I bet they say the aliens that made Luke made him out of the Doctor's DNA! And I the finale that really wasn't JOURNEY'S END was done just to make us all believe that that was going to be where the 10th Doctor regenerates. This NEW 10th Doctor regenerates is supposed to be the real thing so everyone has to be back, hopefully to witness the REAL thing this time. Oh and in between we got the NEXT DOCTOR, yet another FAKE regeneration type thingie. Gimmicky. Never trust gimmicky gadgets...apparently this show is one of those things now.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 12 2009 @ 08:08 AM
By: texastimelord

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Chase] Gimmicky. Never trust gimmicky gadgets...apparently this show is one of those things now. [/QUOTE]

You know I never really agree with your attitude on current Who but you are 100% correct on that statement. What was the real purpose of last seasonís finale?!?!

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 13 2009 @ 12:38 AM

Content:

Last season's finale purpose was: to get you to watch and apparently it did it's job and purpose was fulfilled. It has high ratings. But ratings do not equate IMO to quality.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 21 2009 @ 11:06 AM

Content:

We've got a new casting for "Doctor Who".

The Sun reports that Timothy Dalton (best known for his stint as James Bond) will appear in as a baddie in ine of the last episodes.

How much truth is in this - I don't know but here is the link from the sun:

Arrow Licensed to exterminate

EDIT: Well look at that! My post went to the wrong place. It should be after the "Hoo on Who" (Dr. Hoo) post. That's the first time it's happened to me.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
By: Dr. Hoo

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Milamber] Latest rumour. One I hope is not true.

Meet The Doctor's Mum

Also, I'm not sure why they're wheeling out SJ & Son (and maybe Captain Jack) again. Didn't we do all this in the last finale?[/QUOTE]

For the bit about the Doctor's Mum... I just finished re-watching the McGann movie with the DVD info text on and when he first regenerates and is walking down the hospital corridor wrapped in a sheet, the info text mentions that in one of the original drafts of the script the Doctor was to see a phantom of his mother! Now, we know Russell is a fan of the 96 movie to an extent, could he be borrowing that idea from one of the discarded scripts and bringing it to fruition? Discuss!

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 21 2009 @ 05:19 PM

Content:

Good God ! Can it get any worse. My prediction is that Leela is the DOctor's mum...oh no wait, that's LUNGBARROW but anyway wasn't Timmy Dalton once to play the Doctor's father ?!!!! That's what is going to happen. We're going to meet the Doctor's MUm, his father who is a baddie or the Master, and his brother who is probably the Master.

As for RTD, it's no secret hes out of ideas at least to me so he's probably mining LUNGBARROW and the TV MOVIE.

I don't know about anyone else but I wonder or I feel the Five Specials idea was rather a big waste of time and a very bad idea. To go off the air like that and come back with these lame and old, unoriginal ideas and to pass them off to people who have no idea hat they are unoriginal...is just so WRONG!

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 29 2009 @ 12:24 PM

Content:

I've done some rechecking on some of my previous posts and found out something I didn't notice before.

On the thread "Companion for the 11th Doctor?" I had posted the possibility of Lindsay Duncan being a possible companion. There is some truth to that but for the 10th Doctor in "The Waters of Mars". She will be playing the character Adelaide in the upcoming special.

Here is a link to the story that I posted then.
Casting news: Lindsay Duncan to star in second Doctor Who special of 2009

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 29 2009 @ 01:07 PM
By: jeffreysg

Content:

What about the return of Jenny? Any rumours of that happening? I'd love to see the Doctors daughter again.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: May 29 2009 @ 04:09 PM

Content:

I'm sure Jenny will be returning...much to my horror.

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: June 03 2009 @ 02:59 PM

Content:

OKAY! THIS IS A DOOZY!

Both Digital spy and The Sun report that there will be three weddings in the Doctor Who universe - Sarah Jane Smith, Martha Jones, and Rose Tyler.

Here is a link to the sun's page:
Arrow
Doctor Who's 3 I Do's

And now to Digital Spy:
Arrow Wedding Storylines in Doctor Who

Five Specials [SPOILERS]

Posted on: June 03 2009 @ 06:07 PM

Content:

SIGH!

update to SIGH!:

Now we're also going to get a cartoon too! Because the last one INFINITE QUEST was soooo good. Sarcastically said.

SIGH

DW is almost dead.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=27682