Subject: Deja Vu

Posted on: November 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
By: drewshi

Content:

I'm listening to the latest episode and you mention the 86 convention with Peter Davison and the late Patrick Troughton. I attended that one. In fact, it was the first Who related con I ever attended. I got pictures of the two autographing somewhere. It was also the first time I ever saw a Colin Baker episode, "Mark of the Rani." Good times.

Replies:

Deja Vu

Posted on: November 11 2008 @ 01:21 AM
By: Louis

Content:

Break out the photos and look for a very youthful Ken and myself there.

Yep, we interviewed Peter Davison there. It's hard to believe that it was 22 years ago, almost as long as the show had been around at that time (and longer than I had been alive at that time).

Cheers,
Louis

Deja Vu

Posted on: November 11 2008 @ 09:55 AM

Content:

And in listening to the end, I hear you talking about watching the show in order from the beginning. I can one up you. I am watching the show as they aired by year. I'm set to watch the tenth season with Jon Pertwee at the beginning of January as it aired. Since we're not getting a full season of new Who, this makes up for it nicely. And as it's an anniversary year, I get an anniversary story. (Can't say I planned it that way.)

Deja Vu

Posted on: November 11 2008 @ 10:34 AM
By: Tin-Dog-Podcast

Content:

[QUOTE BY= drewshi] And in listening to the end, I hear you talking about watching the show in order from the beginning. I can one up you. I am watching the show as they aired by year. I'm set to watch the tenth season with Jon Pertwee at the beginning of January as it aired. Since we're not getting a full season of new Who, this makes up for it nicely. And as it's an anniversary year, I get an anniversary story. (Can't say I planned it that way.)[/QUOTE]

wont that take 26 years?

or are you watching all the eps shown on the date they were broadcast regardless of doctor.

ie

January 6

The Enemy of the World 3
The Three Doctors 2
The Power of Kroll 3
Warriors of the Deep 2

now that would mess with your head

Deja Vu

Posted on: November 11 2008 @ 11:00 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Tin-Dog-Podcast] [QUOTE BY= drewshi] And in listening to the end, I hear you talking about watching the show in order from the beginning. I can one up you. I am watching the show as they aired by year. I'm set to watch the tenth season with Jon Pertwee at the beginning of January as it aired. Since we're not getting a full season of new Who, this makes up for it nicely. And as it's an anniversary year, I get an anniversary story. (Can't say I planned it that way.)[/QUOTE]

wont that take 26 years?

or are you watching all the eps shown on the date they were broadcast regardless of doctor.

ie

January 6

The Enemy of the World 3
The Three Doctors 2
The Power of Kroll 3
Warriors of the Deep 2

now that would mess with your head[/QUOTE]

I'm going the seasonal route. I even schedule the all too infrequent repeats of the BBC in the old days. Just before the premiere, I've got an encore of "The Sea Devils" lined up before the premiere of "The Three Doctors". Yeah, it will take 26 years. I'm ten years in now. And when that's done, I plan on waiting the gap of years as well, with repeats in for good measure, until we get to McGann and then another pause.

I'm not starving myself, mind you, but I just wanted to see what the experience of watching them when they aired, the time they aired, was like. Thanks to the BBC DVD releases, I even often get the trailers and intros for certain episodes, so that adds to the experience.

I'm 40 now and another sixteen years will put me at 56. Now, if I can just hang on to see Christopher Eccleston premiere, I'll be doing all right. Wink

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=27781