Subject: It does more than just sonic!

Posted on: December 02 2008 @ 09:04 AM
By: deckard973

Content:

While it looks like any normal looking sonic device…

Free Image Hosting At site

It actually has a hidden feature.

Free Image Hosting At site

a 2 GB thumb drive installed for lugging around any personal and entertainment files. This is actually my second attempt. Version 1 was with the old Eccleston screwdriver and 512 MB. Obviously that wasn’t enough memory and I made a few mistakes on my first try. I’m getting to know my way around the internal structure of these toy sonic screwdrivers. I already have version 3 running through my head and plan to make it when larger memory size & price go down a bit more. The next one should still have its lights and sound effects operational (ver 2 doesn’t). Now if I can just figure out how to make it rotate screws with sound vibration…

Replies:

It does more than just sonic!

Posted on: December 02 2008 @ 11:25 AM
By: Tin-Dog-Podcast

Content:

fab!

im inspired. I have a toy sonic in bits... I wanted to put a better LED into the top.

So... One 2gb USB is on its way and will be part of it v v soon.

and there was me thinking about making a river song Sonic... nah...

Posted on: December 02 2008 @ 12:18 PM
By: cybercolin

Content:

That's great, they should sell them for real!

Posted on: December 02 2008 @ 02:06 PM
By: Louis

Content:

[QUOTE BY= deckard973] ... Version 1 was with the old Eccleston screwdriver and 512 MB. ...
[/QUOTE]

Impressive. Cool. I had not realised they updated the pen since it first came out. I have the original Eccleston one. The handle is more beige from what I can tell from these photos. Are there any other differences outside of after-market customizations?

Cheers,
Louis

Posted on: December 02 2008 @ 03:33 PM
By: deckard973

Content:

[QUOTE BY= cybercolin] That's great, they should sell them for real![/QUOTE]

You know when I came up with the idea I was surprised the toy manufacture didn’t think of this first. It would have been a whole lot easer to buy it as a single package then to make it myself. It’s such a perfect fit… After all they make a Sonic Screwdriver LED flash light.

[QUOTE BY= Louis] I had not realised they updated the pen since it first came out. I have the original Eccleston one. The handle is more beige from what I can tell from these photos. Are there any other differences outside of after-market customizations?
[/QUOTE]

That and David Tennant is on the package cover... That’s the only difference that I noticed. The “newer” version cracked leather looks more authentic and less toy-plasticey like on the Eccleston.

If anyone needs help on dissembley / reassembly of the Sonic Screwdriver or type of thumb drive that works best please feel free to ask me. I’ve gone through 2 Sonic Screwdrivers and 3 thumb drives to figure the best combination.

One word of caution… while fooling around with the screwdriver make sure you NEVER point two sonic devices at each other or you will have one hell of a headach. Mr. Green

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=28268