Subject: Classic Cybermen

Posted on: January 02 2009 @ 02:44 PM
By: indiana_brian

Content:

There has been some talk and some auctions on eBay with the new Character Options 5" cybermen. The pictures in the auctions show "The Invasion" and "Tomb of The Cybermen" with out of proportion handles on their heads. They protrude out further proportionally more than the ones in the stories or the ones shown in the preview pictures at this link.

They might be early prototypes, but the Australian seller doesn't say. You can see them on eBay. Search for the word 'cyberman' in All Categories.

Replies:

Classic Cybermen

Posted on: January 02 2009 @ 04:30 PM
By: Billyaxe

Content:

I'm not so picky. Im just so thrilled they are giving some love to the classic cybermen. I would have killed for any collectible based on the Tenth Planet Cybermen and here it is. --Billy

Classic Cybermen

Posted on: January 22 2009 @ 04:15 PM
By: Tardis-Knight

Content:

Forbidden Planet in Shaftesbury Ave has a full set of these on advance display now. When I saw them I can't say I noticed anything off (scale-wise). I thought they looked absolutely brilliant.

Classic Cybermen

Posted on: March 12 2009 @ 05:01 PM
By: Tardis-Knight

Content:

[QUOTE BY= indiana_brian] There has been some talk and some auctions on eBay with the new Character Options 5" cybermen. The pictures in the auctions show "The Invasion" and "Tomb of The Cybermen" with out of proportion handles on their heads. They protrude out further proportionally more than the ones in the stories or the ones shown in the preview pictures at this link.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do. I don't think it's terminal, because until I read what you said, I can't say I'd even noticed (and they've been on my desk for a few weeks now), but on closer inspection what you said is true.

That aside, these are as fantastic the other classic Doctor figures. They're beautiful.

My only gripe, is that the build a figure simply doesnt fit together. It'll get broken before it's actually assembled. THere are 7 pieces, and I can actually connect one of the arms with the torso. It's a joke.

I remember posting about the classic range sometime ago and saying that I didnt think the classic range has done as well as Character had hoped, because they were so commonly available for a while; that isn't the case with these - I've not seen them onsale in a solitary retailer that regularly stocks Dr Who/Character stuff. I got mine via pre-order at Forbidden Planet and I don't think they ever even put them on the shelves.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=28869