Subject: Doctor Who Music

Posted on: January 11 2009 @ 01:20 PM
By: carrieking99

Content:

With a new doctor comes new music,so what will it be.What direction light or dark.He kind of looks like the singer for the Cure,What do you think.Rock On -Robert

Replies:

Doctor Who Music

Posted on: January 12 2009 @ 07:50 AM
By: Doctor Whoovie

Content:

I would like if they could move towards the David Arnold style music (as used by Big Finish for the 8th Doctor). This theme was very dark and moody, I was a little upset when they dropped it for the BBC7 adventures with Lucie.

Doctor Who Music

Posted on: January 12 2009 @ 08:16 AM
By: Milamber

Content:

I'd like a rousing theme that builds up to a crescendo but also retains the spookiness of the original.

Also a title sequence like the 7th Doctor's but with better graphics. The TARDIS flying past planets and galaxies with bright colours instead of a boring time tunnel.

Doctor Who Music

Posted on: January 12 2009 @ 01:52 PM
By: DarthSkeptical

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Doctor Whoovie] I would like if they could move towards the David Arnold style music (as used by Big Finish for the 8th Doctor). This theme was very dark and moody, I was a little upset when they dropped it for the BBC7 adventures with Lucie.[/QUOTE]I was, and still am, more than a little upset by the change to the 8th Doctor's theme. I wouldn't mind something moodier for the 11th Doctor. Overall, just something a little simpler, perhaps even slighly more down tempo, and with less orchestral flourish, would do for me.
[QUOTE BY= Milamber]Also a title sequence like the 7th Doctor's but with better graphics. The TARDIS flying past planets and galaxies with bright colours instead of a boring time tunnel.[/QUOTE]In no way should (or, I think, will) this be the case. There is nothing of value to be gotten from the Seventh Doctor's televised era, least of all the gaudy opening sequence.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=29203