Subject: Gallifreyan Embassy History

Posted on: January 17 2009 @ 06:25 AM
By: Louis

Content:

I just came across some of my meeting notes for our meeting taking place on February 21, 1988.

Some of the items I addressed to our membership at the meeting:

- Pep talk for volunteering at WLIW pledge drive.

- We were looking for a P.R. person, someone to help with fundraising (some things never change), help with our Festival '88 (our annual anniversary festival), a pin maker, and volunteers for for an upcoming Creation convention.

- Discussion about I-CON 7 (including giving free cans of soda to those that join at the event. Which we did at the time I believe).

- Recapping DSV One (a Blake's 7 con)

- Upgrading our newsletter "Ambassadors of Life"

- Our first three years documentary (I don't think that ever came about)

- 25th Doctor Who Anniversary Party in which we were going to invite John Peel (not sure what ever become of that except I am pretty sure John Peel wasn't there).

- Festival 88 (our anniversary festival) was being planned for Lido Beach, but they were booked for the 18th of June already. We were considering pushing it up to the 11th (they were probably booked then too as we held it elsewhere that year)

- Assorted misc stuff like our scrapbook (someone has that now. I would love to see it again), suggestion box, report about the Gallifreyan Embassy, etc.

Heck, I would probably just 'wing it' now for a meeting instead of all the prep work I did back then. Ahh, but it was a different time then. Everyone was not just an email away then.

Interesting stuff.

Cheers,

Louis

Replies:

Gallifreyan Embassy History

Posted on: January 17 2009 @ 10:31 AM
By: tarashnat

Content:

I think I can help out with Festival '88. Give me a call on February 24th, 1988 to coordinate. Wink Razz

Gallifreyan Embassy History

Posted on: January 29 2009 @ 09:51 AM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]
I just came across some of my meeting notes for our meeting taking place on February 21, 1988.

Cheers,
Louis

[/QUOTE]

1988? Were you writing with a crayon then Louis?

Seriously - thanks for posting.

Cheers, daveac

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=29316