Subject: Best or Worse of Peter's stories

Posted on: January 19 2009 @ 06:42 AM
By: carrieking99

Content:

All you Peter Davison fan which do you feel was his best or worse stories he did as the doctor.Make sure you check out the whocast,they are doing the Peter Davison era fo the next two weeks. Cheers-Robert

Replies:

Best or Worse of Peter's stories

Posted on: January 19 2009 @ 07:17 AM
By: cybercolin

Content:

I love Black Orchid, simply because there wasn't a monster in it. You don't need them to make a good Doctor Who story. Oh and of course, 'Caves' but everyone says that!

As for the worst? I can't think of one, all of his episode are pretty consistent.

Posted on: February 08 2009 @ 07:30 PM
By: Chase

Content:

Hard to say
truth is I felt back then that they should never have kille off Adric only to replace him with fake male companions until the awful Turlugh arrved but here goes:

I used to love BLACK ORCHID but watching it now…with the commentary on…everything the stars comment on is true, how bland and flawed.

Okay Best: I would have to say EARTHSHOCK, THE FIVE DOCTORS, and…uhm, that’s about it. No, not really. I really like KINDA and sometimes SNAKEDANCE. I found Peter himself really good in the three part Black Guardian nonsense. I like ENLIGHTNEMENT. Oh dear, but I like WARRIORS OF THE DEEP. Except for that dumb lady kicking a karate kick at the monster that can electrify anything it touches. That was embarrassing. I like VISITATION and I even like FOUR TO DOOMSDAY. THE AWAKENING shows Peter and co off in a good light but it feels a bit rushed. Gosh, I liked KING’S DEMONS part one. I think most of the ones I hate (see below) need to be rewatched for a reassessment. I loved CASTROVALVA.

Worst: ARC OF INFINITY (was that really Gallifrey? Was that really Omega? Was that the Matrix?) , MAWDRYN UNDEAD (really quite daft despite a few great ideas and scenes), TERMINUS. While we’re on it, the first three episodes of CAVES OF ANDROZANI need a rewatching by me because I recall those as being terminally dull except for three’s cliffhanger. TIMEFLIGHT is so bad. I once achieved getting a co worker to watch DOCTOR WHO but unfortunately that night it aired, it was TERMINUS. She HATED the show and tore it apart. KING’S DEMONS part two.

Posted on: February 09 2009 @ 04:06 AM
By: shockeye07

Content:

Best:Castrovalva,Four To Doomesday,Earthshock,Arc of Infinity,Mawdryn Undead,The Five Doctors, The Awakening,Resurrection of the Daleks,Planet of Fire & of course, Caves of Androzani not only the best 5th Doctor story but one of the best story's ever.
Worst:Black Orchid-Not only the worst Peter Davidson but the worst Dr Who story ever, Time Flight,Warriors of the Deep.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=29371