Subject: Moses Jones

Posted on: February 02 2009 @ 05:14 PM
By: President Nice

Content:

So. Did anybody catch this new 3-part series on BBC2 tonight. Starring Shaun Parkes (The Captain from The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit) and the Eleventh Doctor himself Matt Smith.

Press ReleaseI thought it was excellent, well acted and paced with a fairly intriguing plotline. Gave a good look at a cultural group I don't know a lot about. Whilst Shaun Parkes was well served as the title character and Matt Smith delivered a very Doctor-ish performance, a "Famous Five Idiot Savant" to quote the show, I thought Eamonn Walker was superb as Solomon.What did anyone else think? I'll certainly watch the rest of the series.

Replies:

Moses Jones

Posted on: February 02 2009 @ 05:41 PM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= President Nice] So. Did anybody catch this new 3-part series on BBC2 tonight. Starring Shaun Parkes (The Captain from The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit) and the Eleventh Doctor himself Matt Smith.

Press Release
I thought it was excellent, well acted and paced with a fairly intriguing plotline. Gave a good look at a cultural group I don't know a lot about. Whilst Shaun Parkes was well served as the title character and Matt Smith delivered a very Doctor-ish performance, a "Famous Five Idiot Savant" to quote the show, I thought Eamonn Walker was superb as Solomon.
What did anyone else think? I'll certainly watch the rest of the series. [/QUOTE]

Didn't see it - but on your post - I'm downloading it on the BBC iPlayer - thanks.

Cheers, daveac

Moses Jones

Posted on: February 02 2009 @ 10:53 PM
By: romana_II

Content:

I think I'm going to get the red eye for this Smile
It's short enough for my budjet

Moses Jones

Posted on: February 03 2009 @ 09:36 AM
By: barnabeee

Content:

Oh, its 3 parts? I was wondering about that!

I'm 45 mins into episode 1 (length of my commute..lolol!) Matt Smith is *very* Doctor 10-ish in this. Its well shot and well acted, and the story is compelling enough to keep watching (although its not exactly pleasant, is it?)

Moses Jones

Posted on: February 03 2009 @ 09:38 AM
By: cybercolin

Content:

I'm trying to avoid watching anything he's been in, until i've seen him in Doctor Who! I find judging him in the role of the Doctor is more important than anything else he's been in.

Although, Moses Jones seems like it has a decent cast. Bit surprised it hasn't been moved to BBC One because of the Matt Smith factor.

Moses Jones

Posted on: February 03 2009 @ 04:30 PM
By: President Nice

Content:

[QUOTE BY= barnabeee] its not exactly pleasant, is it?

[/QUOTE]
No it's not at all. Certainly not for kids. I probably should have mentioned that just in case anyone is a little squemish.

Moses Jones

Posted on: February 08 2009 @ 08:34 PM
By: mad4plaid

Content:

I watched the first episode today. It was really good. I have really enjoyed everything I've seen Eamonn Walker in, so this would have been something I'd have found no matter what.

I just wish Matt's character didn't seem to be so much of an afterthought; it's truly like he was just thrown in for no purpose. Everyone else is great!

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=29636