Subject: season one

Posted on: February 21 2009 @ 05:25 PM
By: Chase

Content:

With stories taken right out of the TWILIGHT ZONE, STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION, THE OUTER LIMITS, and possibly from the Irwin Allen shows, there's not one ounce of orginality here. Even the secret base is not new, but cliche. The cop drawn into something strange. The immortal longing for death ala HIGHLANDER and so many other tv shows. CLiche is in vogue for this show. It looks into the gutter and expects the worst out of every human being. A shame as a DW spinoff should be so much better I"m not saying there aren't some good eps, there are but even those are ten shades down the dark side of DW. NOt my cup of tea. And the characters seem so selfish

Replies:

season one

Posted on: February 21 2009 @ 07:30 PM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Chase] With stories taken right out of the TWILIGHT ZONE, STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION, THE OUTER LIMITS, and possibly from the Irwin Allen shows, there's not one ounce of orginality here. Even the secret base is not new, but cliche. The cop drawn into something strange. The immortal longing for death ala HIGHLANDER and so many other tv shows. CLiche is in vogue for this show. It looks into the gutter and expects the worst out of every human being. A shame as a DW spinoff should be so much better I"m not saying there aren't some good eps, there are but even those are ten shades down the dark side of DW. NOt my cup of tea. And the characters seem so selfish [/QUOTE]

Don't watch it then.

daveac

season one

Posted on: February 22 2009 @ 06:35 AM
By: sgb1975

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]Don't watch it then.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, what he said.

I think everything you hate about the show are reasons the show was made in the first place...a way to produce shows and explore themes that they could never explore in DW.

I think the show is very good, and IMHO, the first 2 seasons have been better overall than the last 2 seasons of DW.

season one

Posted on: February 22 2009 @ 12:21 PM
By: cybercolin

Content:

I stopped reading after the line [QUOTE BY= Chase] With stories taken right out of the TWILIGHT ZONE, STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION, THE OUTER LIMITS[/QUOTE] in order to breathe again.

That is the most funniest thing i've seen all day. Cheers lad! Big Grin

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=30034