Subject: Feedback for Podshock Live

Posted on: March 10 2009 @ 05:28 PM
By: Troy19792007

Content:

I know i'm a bit late, but i've only just finished listening to Podshock Live for Series 4, cause I was waiting to watch the episodes on DVD first.

Just a couple of points. First, I don't have a problem with the longer Podcasts, but some people do. One way to cut it down, would be to be more ruthless with people who phone in with bad lines. I know you are trying to be nice, but fair dinkum, some people can not be heard at all, and it's only wasting time.

Secondly, some reviewers are miles better then others. Would a show with reviews by: Louis, Ken, James, Dave, Taras and Darth only be that bad? It would last about an hour, and most people only repeat what these guys say anyway. Louis and Dave are always saying "i'll keep it short, cause we have heaps in the queue", but these are the guys we want to hear!

This might cause controversy, but I wanted to have my say.

Replies:

Feedback for Podshock Live

Posted on: March 12 2009 @ 02:26 PM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Troy19792007] I know i'm a bit late, but i've only just finished listening to Podshock Live for Series 4, cause I was waiting to watch the episodes on DVD first.

Just a couple of points. First, I don't have a problem with the longer Podcasts, but some people do. One way to cut it down, would be to be more ruthless with people who phone in with bad lines. I know you are trying to be nice, but fair dinkum, some people can not be heard at all, and it's only wasting time.

Secondly, some reviewers are miles better then others. Would a show with reviews by: Louis, Ken, James, Dave, Taras and Darth only be that bad? It would last about an hour, and most people only repeat what these guys say anyway. Louis and Dave are always saying "i'll keep it short, cause we have heaps in the queue", but these are the guys we want to hear!

This might cause controversy, but I wanted to have my say.[/QUOTE]

This is a difficult one isn't it.

I do hope members have caught the LIVE feed on iTunes as there are some great insights by people especially on the Series 4 shows.

I know there's no real reasion to bring back the live shows at the moment - but I do hope they will run when new episodes are airred in the UK.

Cheers, daveac

Feedback for Podshock Live

Posted on: March 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
By: Louis

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

I know there's no real reasion to bring back the live shows at the moment - but I do hope they will run when new episodes are airred in the UK.

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

There is a scheduled show for next month to review Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead on Sunday, the 18th of April (this gives people enough time to see it before the live show). I've also made an inquiry to Talkshoe which may result in us bringing the live show back on a regular basis as a show onto itself (i.e. with it's own feed separate from the regular Doctor Who: Podshock podcast.

Cheers,
Louis

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=30361