Subject: Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: March 23 2009 @ 12:12 AM
By: General_Chris

Content:

Hey everyone. This question is more geared toward Louis and Ken of Podshock. I was just curious to see if Podshock was having a live broadcast at I-CON 28 this year. I looked through the schedule but didnt see you guys. May have just glanced over it. I attended last year and it was great. Let me know what you have a free moment. Hope you guys are doing great.

Replies:

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: March 23 2009 @ 03:31 AM
By: Louis

Content:

This message was posted by our forum software out of order. Please ignore it, I will repost it again (hopefully appearing below).

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: March 23 2009 @ 03:37 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= General_Chris] Hey everyone. This question is more geared toward Louis and Ken of Podshock. I was just curious to see if Podshock was having a live broadcast at I-CON 28 this year. I looked through the schedule but didnt see you guys. May have just glanced over it. I attended last year and it was great. Let me know what you have a free moment. Hope you guys are doing great.[/QUOTE]

This is the first year since we started the Doctor Who: Podshock that we are not doing a live show at I-CON. Last year we were the ONLY Doctor Who related guests there. I don't understand why they have been ignoring the series return to television, especially since it and Torchwood are so visible and popular now.

I am sure Ken will be there all three days of the event, I will be there for at least one of them. But without a Doctor Who related guest (other than ourselves) we decided there wasn't much of a point doing a live show there this time around.

It's a shame too... I-CON in the past had guests such as Jon Pertwee, Colin Baker, and Sylvester McCoy in previous years.

Cheers,
Louis

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: March 23 2009 @ 03:33 AM

Content:

Uh-oh, the forum is doing the funny thing again posting messages out of order.

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: March 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
By: Ken

Content:

Chris, please swing by the Gallifreyan Embassy table in the dealers room and say "Hello". I'll be there a majority of the time with Keith and Tim, some long time GE members.

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: March 30 2009 @ 10:34 PM

Content:

Thank you for responding guys. Much appreciated. And it is definitely sad that you wont be having a LIVE podcast this year. I always volunteer every year and have met a bunch of the coodinators and such so I'll have to talk to them about getting their butts in gear about bringing back the Who related events/guests. Its definitely needed.
After meeting Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Eve Myles and Eros Lyn in a matter of 5 months I have to admit I am anxious for more Who guests, especially at ICON!!

Ken- I'll definitely swing by the Gallifreyan Embassy booth in the Dealer's Room. Probably a bunch of times. ha. Thanks for the invite! I havent figured out which cosplays will be worn when but if I break out my 10th Doctor cosplay I'll definitely swing by in that too!

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: April 01 2009 @ 06:45 PM

Content:

Looks like I may be wearing my 10th Doctor cosplay on Friday night.
And I know the Dealer's Room is open till 10 on Friday. So I'll definitely be swinging by.

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: April 01 2009 @ 07:00 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= General_Chris] Looks like I may be wearing my 10th Doctor cosplay on Friday night.
And I know the Dealer's Room is open till 10 on Friday. So I'll definitely be swinging by.[/QUOTE]

I'll try to keep an eye out for you as well. I will most likely be there Saturday (afternoon sometime) if not, then Sunday. I just have to make sure I don't automatically drive out to SUNY Stony Brook this year out of force of habit. After what, 28 years, it is going to be weird driving to a different location for I-CON (hopefully it will be a slightly shorter drive).

Cheers,
Louis

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: April 13 2009 @ 07:15 PM

Content:

Ken - It was great seeing you and getting to talk for a few over at I-CON. Thanks for taking the pic with me.
That pic can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32005256@N03/3418897600/in/set-72157616431137468/
As well as all my other I-CON 28 pictures.

Louis - Sorry I didnt get to see you at the con but hope that you had a good time this year.

You guys rock!

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: April 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM

Content:

Thanks, it was great meeting you Chris!

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: April 14 2009 @ 11:06 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= General_Chris] Ken - It was great seeing you and getting to talk for a few over at I-CON. Thanks for taking the pic with me.
That pic can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32005256@N03/3418897600/in/set-72157616431137468/
As well as all my other I-CON 28 pictures.

Louis - Sorry I didnt get to see you at the con but hope that you had a good time this year.

You guys rock![/QUOTE]

Wow... that was a lot of photos. I got to see more of the convention from your photos than actually being there.

Speaking of which, I was only there late Saturday night for AeroSith's performance at the Ball and then again on Sunday at the school for the last hour or two of the convention. I fair better at conventions in hotels where I stay instead of those which I have a long commute to back and forth.

Cheers,
Louis

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: April 14 2009 @ 12:34 PM

Content:

I-con has it's annual post con survey on their website. Please stop by and tell them what you thought of I-con 28. Maybe suggest a DW guest for next year.

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: April 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
By: barnabeee

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Ken] I-con has it's annual post con survey on their website. Please stop by and tell them what you thought of I-con 28. Maybe suggest a DW guest for next year.[/QUOTE]

Indeed! Perhaps we can make 2010 a bumper year for Doctor Who guests in the New York area Wink

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: April 14 2009 @ 05:43 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Ken] I-con has it's annual post con survey on their website. Please stop by and tell them what you thought of I-con 28. Maybe suggest a DW guest for next year.[/QUOTE]
Here's the link:

Arrow I-CON 28 Survey

Cheers,
Louis

Podshock @ I-CON 28??

Posted on: April 16 2009 @ 10:10 AM

Content:

Took the survery. And commented on there needing to be more DW Panels/Guests. Telling my friends to do the same.

[QUOTE BY= Louis]Wow... that was a lot of photos. I got to see more of the convention from your photos than actually being there.

Speaking of which, I was only there late Saturday night for AeroSith's performance at the Ball and then again on Sunday at the school for the last hour or two of the convention. I fair better at conventions in hotels where I stay instead of those which I have a long commute to back and forth.

Cheers,
Louis[/QUOTE]

Well glad that the pictures were helpful. Smile
Yeah, the commute between location this year made things a little weird. I agree that cons in one location or hotel are easier to manage.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=30626