Subject: Clement Freud dies

Posted on: April 16 2009 @ 04:18 AM
By: Idiom

Content:

I know a lot of you may not have heard of him but I also know that a lot of you are fans of British TV and radio. Clement was the Grand old man of radio 4 and in particular Just a Minute. He was there at the beginning of the show some 40 odd years ago. He was the grandson of Sigmund Freud and one of the wryest, most humourous and intelligent individuals in the British entertainment industry.

I can't really think of much connection with Doctor Who except that the chairman of Just a Minute, Nicholas Parsons, was the priest in the Curse of Fenric.

I feel like I've lost the Grandfather I never had and can't believe that he's gone. What with Humphrey Littleton last year, we are losing too many of the greats recently. If you've never tried Just a Minute then please do, I think that it gives more of an insight into what true Britishness means than any other programme on radio and dare I say TV.

RIP Clement.

Replies:

Clement Freud dies

Posted on: April 16 2009 @ 08:52 AM
By: shockeye07

Content:

Sad news indeed. Clement was also an MP with the Liberal Party.
I think I'm right in saying that Esther Freud who played Threst, one of the Cryon's in "Attack of The Cybermen" is related to Clement, possibly granddaughter or niece.

Clement Freud dies

Posted on: April 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
By: barnabeee

Content:

Sad news indeed. What a year it has been so far for losses Frown

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=31283