Subject: So The 'Save Our Doctor' Campaign Worked Then?

Posted on: May 28 2009 @ 08:23 AM
By: cybercolin

Content:

According to this link The Next Doctor is being broadcast on the 27th of June and Planet of the Dead sometime in July on BBC America.

Being Human and Survivors are also being broadcast and are well worth a look for those who love Doctor Who. Had to laugh though when it described Primeval as being Doctor Who's main ratings rival in the UK, when the shows have clashed just once!

Replies:

So The 'Save Our Doctor' Campaign Worked Then?

Posted on: May 28 2009 @ 11:11 AM
By: FixerMX

Content:

I believe I'm next going to organize a multi-podcaster project to Give Chip a Mansion and a Yacht. If it works for TV scheduling....

-- Chip

Posted on: May 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
By: T Baker(notTom)

Content:

That could be bad.

If BBC America decides to go with "Doctor Who" and Sci-Fi channels contract with the show runs out (I don't know if it is or not) many people will not be able to watch the show. They could be limited by the airings on BBC America.

As of yet Sci-fi channel has not made any announcements of wether or not they plan to continue airing "Doctor Who", but if they do there is still no word about the specials. With BBC America airing them first, I'm a little worried that Sci-Fi may not run them at all.

On the other hand - I may be over-reacting. Sci-fi may run them with the next season.

Posted on: May 28 2009 @ 01:23 PM
By: Mawdryn

Content:

Glad to see these episodes being scheduled.

Who knows if we'll ever see them on Sci-Fi as the channel seems to be changing it's branding a good bit. I don't think it ever ran SJA Series 2.

It's interesting how BBC America admits that it should have been carrying Doctor Who from the start.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=31965