Subject: The Movie

Posted on: July 03 2006 @ 06:09 PM
By: rild99

Content:

Ok, I give up. I am so frustrated. Can anyone point me to a source, ANY source for the

96 movie? I think I'll die of old age before it gets released on DVD.

Bruce

thewebgod@iname.com

Replies:

The Movie

Posted on: July 03 2006 @ 06:16 PM
By: BadWolf

Content:

Copies can be seen on Ebay most of the time.

You don't say where you are but these are usually region 2 U.K. Copies so you would have to do a conversion on them.

Try this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Doctor-Who-The-Movie-DVD-2001-NEW-1996-MOVIE_W0QQitemZ260004085149QQihZ016QQcategoryZ60897QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is also shown on cable from time to time

The Movie

Posted on: July 03 2006 @ 08:35 PM
By: Doctor Whoovie

Content:

Try typing __(censored out)__ and "Mcgann" into google and see what the top results are Big Grin

The Movie

Posted on: July 03 2006 @ 10:02 PM
By: hdutch007

Content:

__(censored out)__. If you want to tape it off of tv, the encore networks occaisionally show it as well. Having said that, my memories of the tv movie must have been filtered through rose colored glasses (get it, Rose...)because I didn't enjoy it at ALL when I watched it recently. It reminded me of trying to listen to music I liked over a decade ago when your tastes have changed quite a bit. It was a bit embarassing to me. Probably a more accurate analysis would be that we have seen so many good, mature, deep intellegent episodes of RTD's wonderful new series, and to go back ten years to the tv movie is taking a huge backward step.

The Movie

Posted on: July 03 2006 @ 10:12 PM
By: Magpie

Content:

yeah I was pretty excited about it but when I finally saw it I didn't like it. I remember thinking it took itself way too seriously and was like - X-files meets CSI SVU or something. Sort of an all-round bummer for me.

The Movie

Posted on: July 03 2006 @ 10:21 PM
By: Delete!

Content:

Unfortunatly watching the movie only reminds me that Paul McGann would have been a fantastic Doctor and that, come the revolution, we Who'vians need to round up every last person responsible for this abomination and stick the barstewards in a room with a Dalek and lock the door Twisted Evil

The Movie

Posted on: July 03 2006 @ 10:27 PM
By: Magpie

Content:

How Cruel!!! I wouldn't wish a Dalek or a Cyberman on my worst enemy.

The Movie

Posted on: July 03 2006 @ 11:39 PM
By: joereform

Content:

Do you have __(censored out)__? If so, email me off list.

joereform@mac.com

The Movie

Posted on: July 03 2006 @ 11:44 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Delete!] Unfortunatly watching the movie only reminds me that Paul McGann would have been a fantastic Doctor and that, come the revolution, we Who'vians need to round up every last person responsible for this abomination and stick the barstewards in a room with a Dalek and lock the door Twisted Evil [/QUOTE]

Wow...I was really disappointed by the film. I thought that McGann would have been a better TV Doctor if he had only had a better script to work with. I think the Big Finish audios bear that out.

--Joe

The Movie

Posted on: July 04 2006 @ 12:08 AM
By: actorguy

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Magpie] How Cruel!!! I wouldn't wish a Dalek or a Cyberman on my worst enemy.[/QUOTE]

How Cruel!! I wouldn't wish a TV executive on the worst Dalek or Cyberman!!

Mr. Green

The Movie

Posted on: July 04 2006 @ 01:31 AM
By: Louis

Content:

Hey everyone... I don't mean to be a party-pooper here, but certain things need to be limited in the forums.

The movie can be purchased for example on Amazon.co.uk here... for 14.99 and you view it on your computer (if you have DVD drive) using the VLC player (available in various platforms)... or if you have a multi-region DVD player you can watch it on that. It is Region 2, PAL video. Or purchased via eBay (as already suggested) or any other place that sells the DVD (or as already suggested, it can be seen on cable/satellite... lately it has shown up on the various channels by Starz).

This way you will have a legal copy.

Although I don't like to do it, I will have to do a little censoring on a few previous posts so that we don't have to worry stuff we don't want to have to worry about (if that makes any sense).

I hope everyone understands. I realize we are all trying to help each other out here, which is great. I don't want to squander that spirit here...

Thanks everyone. Smile

(I hate being "big brother" - I loathe it!)

Cheers,
Louis

The Movie

Posted on: July 04 2006 @ 01:45 AM

Content:

Sorry... I had to add "__(censored out)__" to a few posts... just to avoid any possible hassles... not just for us, but for the author of the posting as well.

I hate to be heavy-handed and rather not had to do it... I trust everyone understands.

Hopefully one day the BBC or some other entity will offer a means of purchasing and downloading these things legitimately.

Or at the very least I wish the DVD for this movie would made available for the US market (i.e. region 1, NTSC) some time soon... it's been 10 years already!

Now I need to take a shower because I feel "dirty" for having to censor posts... I apologize once again for it. They were not that bad or detailed... but we just need to avoid it altogether here.

Cheers,
Louis

The Movie

Posted on: July 04 2006 @ 08:51 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]
Now I need to take a shower because I feel "dirty" for having to censor posts... I apologize once again for it. They were not that bad or detailed... but we just need to avoid it altogether here.
[/QUOTE]

No worries. Now I will forever be able to say, "Louis, you took the words right out of my mouth!" Smile

--Joe

The Movie

Posted on: July 04 2006 @ 09:11 AM

Content:

I admit that I may reacted at a bit out of paranoia perhaps. It was in the wee hours of the morning (for me) and I was working with very little sleep from the night before. Someone brought it to my attention that perhaps things on the subject had gone a little too far in the forum thread... so I just decided to just steer it off-site now before it may had gone further.

Not that the Gallifreyan Embassy is trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't do... You know what I mean. Better to play it safe than to be sorry later.

There's always Google or other search engines for that sort of thing Wink

I wish the situation was different. Thanks for understanding.

Cheers,
Louis

The Movie

Posted on: July 17 2006 @ 11:42 PM
By: Linquel

Content:

That's ok. Now we all know that all we have to type in is "Do you have _(censored out)_>?" and we'll all know what we mean.

To avoid any confusion, you can even throw in a "nudge, nudge...wink, wink...say no more".

Wink

The Movie

Posted on: August 05 2006 @ 09:35 PM
By: deano42

Content:

it's just turned 2:30 am and THE MOVIE is being shown on
UKTV GOLD.

no adverts were given for it Frown

The Movie

Posted on: August 06 2006 @ 02:26 AM
By: FanofAllWho

Content:

Not being a smart alec, but it is kind of funny the censoring that took place. I could not even begin to count the numerous time the hosts made reference to getting stuff of Torrents in the show.

The Movie

Posted on: May 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
By: Chase

Content:

Try IOFFER.COM and type on Doctor Who TV Movie or Paul McGann's name. It should come up right away.

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=6004