Subject: New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 09 2006 @ 06:37 PM
By: tarashnat

Content:

It is good to see new blood in the forums. I guess more and more Podshock listeners are making their way here, especially after the advertising of the forum on recent podcasts.Welcome!Taras

Replies:

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 09 2006 @ 08:09 PM
By: K Kochanski

Content:

Yes, nice to see new names in the forum. Come on in guys, we don't bite, really Wink

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 10 2006 @ 04:23 AM
By: Louis

Content:

I am delighted to see all the activity in the Forums as of late... including all the new faces. It is a wonderful online community that has grown here.

Hat's off to all regulars here that have welcomed everyone with open arms.

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 10 2006 @ 09:47 AM
By: DSCFord

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
It is good to see new blood in the forums.

Taras[/QUOTE]
Well, I guess the reason Iíve been posting a bit more recently is because the topics have been interesting and Iíve had something to say. The way the forum is set up can be a bit difficult to maneuver so I just look at the recent posts section at the bottom of the front page. And yes, there is also the fact that I did meet you in person Taras, so it kind of makes it feel a bit comfortable conversing with someone you know is not an axe-wheedling loony on the other end. Wink Na, Iím not really in to they cyber-world/virtual culture thing. Rolling Eyes The Outpost Gallifrey forum can be a bit overwhelming, and although I have met a few of the regular-posters at the Regenerations convention in Swansea, if you post something there and comeback the next day, there have been at least five more pages of posts listed after yours; I canít imagine how anyone can follow that. Oh, and work has been a bit slow recently; that helps. Laughing Out Loud

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 10 2006 @ 11:28 AM
By: Mohan

Content:

My other hobbies (Magic: The Gathering) are a bit slow at the moment and when I stumbled upon the Podshock podcast, I thought I'd give these forums a try. I've received some excellent feedback from fellow users and it's nice to share my love of Doctor Who with others from around the world. I don't know anyone else here in America among my circle of friends who watch the show so it's nice to chat with people.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 10 2006 @ 11:32 AM

Content:

Well, I have wielded an axe, and have been called a looney,... but I try not to mix business with pleasure Twisted Evil

It is hard to keep up with some of the discussions on OG, I agree. At one point I avoided the forums there for so long, that my login expired... oops.

Too bad no one has developed software to prune non-informative posts from thread views... it would make lurking so much easier. Smile

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 10 2006 @ 02:51 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]

Too bad no one has developed software to prune non-informative posts from thread views... it would make lurking so much easier. Smile

Taras[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, I used to try to get an opinion on Big Finish audios (especially of late) from the forum before going out and buying it. But you usually have three page of people saying, Ďgee, Iím really looking forward to this one,í or ĎI can hardly wait for this one, Ď followed by three more pages of, ĎMine just arrived, I canít wait to start listining to this one,í and Ď I was so thrilled to arrive home and see the big finish package in my mailbox,í before we finally start to get some reviews by the sixth and seventh pages which is still usually interspersed with, ĎIím so bumped out, I havenít received mine yetí or, ĎI was going to listen to it tonight, but my friend Betty came over and wanted to play scrabble.í

Eek!

Iíve given up and now I usually just go by Joe Fordís review in the review section. Cool

(Yes, I know Iím exaggerating, but it makes life so much more interestingÖ) Wink

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 10 2006 @ 05:28 PM
By: Abersoch

Content:

[QUOTE BY= DSCFord] I know what you mean, I used to try to get an opinion on Big Finish audios (especially of late) from the forum before going out and buying it....

Iíve given up and now I usually just go by Joe Fordís review in the review section. Cool [/QUOTE]

Maybe I should do a review of Other Lives, which I heard last week.

I've also preordered the new Sarah Jane Smith series and am waiting for the first episode to arrive. Thought of trying an audio review but not sure what medium to record it in on a PC (I've got Audacity) and what file size is acceptible. From previous episodes I think 5 mins is the optimum review time. Is that right?

Abersoch

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 10 2006 @ 05:39 PM
By: TiggsPanther

Content:

Well it took me a while to get around to it, but I figured that registering with the site would be an idea. And, once I had, replying to some stuff just kinda made sense. Smile

Now all I have to do is remember to keep posting Smile

Tiggs

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 10 2006 @ 09:33 PM

Content:

When the forums were originally set up here, I thought it may have been a bit overwhelming in regards of the layout... having all the Doctor's eras in their own forums, and such.

As always, we are open to suggestions on how to make the forums easier to navigate and use. Is it a poor idea to have a forum for each era/Doctor? Should they be all in one forum?

Should we merge all the Doctor's forums 1 through 8 into one and call it "the classic series" and then have another one for Doctors 9 and up?

Should there be a forum for the audio adventures and another for novels and misc other 'expanded universe' material?

If you have any ideas to improve it, let me know.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 15 2006 @ 11:06 PM
By: Cynful456

Content:

I've lurked for a while, but you know how hard it is being a newb. It's tough to join in without sounding like a tool.

I'm having fun posting though- its easier to do when the forums are active.

As for your question about merging forums, I think I'd like that. I may not visit the Sixth Doctor forum on my own (as he isn't excatly at the top of my list) but at the same time, its posts may be of interest to me. And since the world doesn't revolve around me, I find that many time a thread in one Doctor's forum often involves more than just that era. So I'm for the merge.

Cyn

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 15 2006 @ 11:34 PM
By: K Kochanski

Content:

Merging forums for Doctors is probably a good idea, except I would have a separate forum for discussions of current Doctor. Well, Doctors really, one for Christopher Eccleston and one for David Tennant since both will be current with the US getting the 9th Doctor in March. Bound to be more discussion on those since they will be showing episodes soon.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 16 2006 @ 11:54 AM
By: TelegramSam

Content:

*waves*

Hello, I just joined. I found the podcast on iTunes and thought I'd poke my head in. Big Grin

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 16 2006 @ 12:23 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= TelegramSam] *waves*

Hello, I just joined. I found the podcast on iTunes and thought I'd poke my head in. Big Grin [/QUOTE]
Welcome, Sam!

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 23 2006 @ 08:39 PM
By: euxine

Content:

[QUOTE BY= DSCFord] And yes, there is also the fact that I did meet you in person Taras, so it kind of makes it feel a bit comfortable conversing with someone you know is not an axe-wheedling loony on the other end. Wink [/QUOTE]

Hey! I guess that means I've met you too! See I'm checking up on you guys (or stalking, either one)! How dare you desert us over at DWNY! Laughing Out Loud

Just thought I would stop in, spice things up abit.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 23 2006 @ 09:13 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= euxine] Hey! I guess that means I've met you too! See I'm checking up on you guys (or stalking, either one)! How dare you desert us over at DWNY! Laughing Out Loud [/QUOTE]
Let's call it switch hitting, or being flexible with my Doctor Who fandom. Yes, we met at The Christmas Invasion party, and many DWNYers felt you abandoned them last pub night considering the number of inquiries about you...

I have a soft spot for the GE, as I used to watch them manning the phones during pledge breaks when WLIW still showed Doctor Who in the '80s.

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 24 2006 @ 12:45 AM

Content:

Yep, I consider DWNY and GE all part of the same family.

I love all the things that DWNY are doing and one of these days my schedule will allow me to get my butt over to one of them.

DWNY have kept their sense of humour and fun in their organization... which is vital.

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 24 2006 @ 01:01 AM

Content:

Louis,

I think one of the upcoming video meets is on the Island... That should be a bit easier for you.

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 24 2006 @ 09:31 AM
By: euxine

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Mohan] My other hobbies (Magic: The Gathering) [/QUOTE]

On an aside, I too love magic the gathering...but gave up on the account that i could only find 15 year old boys and goth lcids (no offence to any goth prone out there) to play.- still have all my cards though

Louis> yes we are a fun, friendly bunch (if I do say so myself). We really hope you can join us in Queens! You are guaranteed a good ole fashioned Who-down!

I really am enjoying the GE podcasts, they are never boring and constantly entertaining...

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 24 2006 @ 09:48 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= euxine] On an aside, I too love magic the gathering...but gave up on the account that i could only find 15 year old boys and goth lcids (no offence to any goth prone out there) to play.- still have all my cards though.[/QUOTE]
Wow, I haven't touched my cards in years. I was big into wargames and role playing games in college, and MtG single-handedly, almost killed the rest of the gaming industry.

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 24 2006 @ 02:31 PM

Content:

(~duplicated post - Admin~)

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 24 2006 @ 02:35 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= euxine] [QUOTE BY= DSCFord] And yes, there is also the fact that I did meet you in person Taras, so it kind of makes it feel a bit comfortable conversing with someone you know is not an axe-wheedling loony on the other end. Wink [/QUOTE]

Hey! I guess that means I've met you too! See I'm checking up on you guys (or stalking, either one)! How dare you desert us over at DWNY! Laughing Out Loud

Just thought I would stop in, spice things up abit. [/QUOTE]

Hello Leala, fancy seeing you here!
Oh, and I like the avatar by the way!
I always knew someone would discover me over here sooner or later. Yea, Iíve been over here quite a bit when I can, its nice to be a guest in someone elseís house ya know! Ďcan really relax a bit more.

GE and DWNY are very much connected but different beasts so to speak. The DWNY forum (and group) was set up for the people in the New York City area to communicate and occasionally has people from outside the area join in. Its purpose is to facilitate getting together to party. The GE forum has people from all over [the world, really] with occasionally some from the New York City metro area joining in. Its also a bit easier to follow than the vast huge maze Outpost Gallifrey has become (you post something, come back the next day, and there has been six pages of posts after yours, how on earth does anyone keep up with it?).

So, take a tour around, Louis is a fantastic host.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 24 2006 @ 03:12 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]
Yep, I consider DWNY and GE all part of the same family.

I love all the things that DWNY are doing and one of these days my schedule will allow me to get my butt over to one of them.

DWNY have kept their sense of humour and fun in their organization... which is vital.

Cheers,
Louis[/QUOTE]

Thank you Louis, we are all Who Yorkers arenít we! Mr. Green
Oh, thatís Leala, by the way, sheís one of the more vivacious DWNY characters Wink .
John and I are somewhat trying to reinvent the wheel as to what a Doctor Who ďgroupĒ should be. Truth is the internet has changed everything, and we hope DWNY is a reflection of that reality. You have done a wonderful job in giving re-birth to the Gallifreyan Embassy of Long Island with Podshock, as evidenced by the activity on this website and forum. Fantastic job!
DWAS, for example, is a group that has not really kept up with the times, whereas Outpost Gallifrey is now the real hearth of Doctor Who fandom.
I sometimes get e-mails from people asking permission to attend or bring a friend to either a Philly or NYC DWNY meet. You donít need permission, we meet in public and are open to anyone. You donít join DWNY, DWNY joins you.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 24 2006 @ 07:15 AM
By: James Brown 1977

Content:

Hi I joined this forum yesterday thanks to podshock its one of the best who programmes around.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 24 2006 @ 07:53 AM
By: steven3x

Content:

I also joined in the last couple of days after recently discovering Podshock via iTunes. I have been a Doctor Who fan for a very long time - and a frequent visitor of Outpost Gallifrey and the BBC site. Have all the videos and many non-fiction books and music CDs, but I ashamedly have almost no exposure to the novelizations or Big Finish series. Still, BIG fan and I love the podcast and the website guys! Great work! Wink

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 24 2006 @ 08:20 AM
By: steven3x

Content:

...one other regret as a later fan is never having met Bill, Pat, Jon, JNT, Roger Delgado, or Anthony Ainley. Cry Still, I did have the joy of meeting Syl & Sophie once in Baltimore just as I was beginning to become a fan - as well as sitting at the bar, conversing with this fascinating British fellow writer who I later discovered to be none other than THE John Peel! Big Grin

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 24 2006 @ 10:15 AM
By: Andy Holman

Content:

Thought it was only good and proper that I should take this opportunity to de-lurk (waiting to get my courage up!) and introduce myself.
First came across the podcast after christmastime via iTunes - fully caught up with all past episodes now and they just keep getting better. Thanks for all the hard work you do guys - keep it up!
I've just ordered some merchandise from the store for my birthday and very much looking forward to receiving it.
Long term fan since the Tom Baker years although I admit my interest has been very much re-ignited by the excellent new series.
This is the first forum that I have ever signed up to and posted on so forgive my early attempts if they are a bit waffly at first! Big Grin

New blood in the forums

Posted on: March 01 2006 @ 11:50 PM
By: Radar

Content:

Hey. Yeah, I've been listening to the Podshocks for a number of weeks - since about Episode 13 I think (and have since gone back to listen to Episodes 1 through 13), and have finally taken the effort to sign up for the forums. Podshock is great - keep up the brilliant work guys. I may end up sending in audio feedback one of these days.

I'm actually one of the elleged 'missing generation' or whatever it is termed - those who grew up in the time when Doctor Who wasn't on. I knew very little until 2005 about Doctor Who. Since then, I've managed to see all of the 5th, 6th, 7th and of course, 9th Doctor serials, and done fairly large amounts of background reading. Doctor Who is awesome, to say the least. Smile

New blood in the forums

Posted on: March 02 2006 @ 10:29 AM

Content:

A warm welcome to all the new comers and "de-lurkers"...

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: March 02 2006 @ 11:05 PM
By: cyface

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]
Should we merge all the Doctor's forums 1 through 8 into one and call it "the classic series" and then have another one for Doctors 9 and up?
[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[QUOTE BY= Louis]
Should there be a forum for the audio adventures and another for novels and misc other 'expanded universe' material?
[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I think you should also have a forum for events, like conventions & whatnot.

Also, one for fanfic/fanaudio/fanphotostories/gaming.

And, perhaps change the merchandise one to "classifieds".

New blood in the forums

Posted on: April 12 2006 @ 07:51 PM
By: daveac

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
It is good to see new blood in the forums. I guess more and more Podshock listeners are making their way here, especially after the advertising of the forum on recent podcasts.

Welcome!

Taras[/QUOTE]

Yes - although I've been a Dr Who a long time I found this web site via it's podcast and after downloading an listening to podshocks 30, 31, 32 and 33 I joined up so I could post in the forums.

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: April 12 2006 @ 11:57 PM

Content:

Welcome and glad to have you on board, daveac.

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: April 14 2006 @ 06:33 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

Yes - although I've been a Dr Who a long time I found this web site via it's podcast and after downloading an listening to podshocks 30, 31, 32 and 33 I joined up so I could post in the forums.

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

Is that a freaudian (spelling) slip by me there?
'I've been a Dr Who a long time..'

Of course I meant I've been a Dr Who 'fan' a long time.

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 11 2006 @ 07:24 PM

Content:

Welcome to all the newcomers to the forums, and long time lurkers/first time posters. Upon seeing a number of new posters I decided to bump this thread...

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: June 07 2006 @ 01:35 PM
By: CliffhangrScream

Content:

Hey all,

S'pose this is the place to introduce myself first. Big Grin Howdy, folks...I'm Taylor...aka: CliffhangerScream. Not new to Who, just to this forum.

My childhoods were filled with catching Dr Who on PBS every night at 7pm...even in the summer when I should have been outside playing! Third generation fan, me! My mom and her mom were both into the show as well. I'm hurtin' to see some of the Tennant eps, tho. Found a couple on YouTube, but only a couple.

Otherwise, yeah! Smile Hey all! I do ramble, but rarely this bad.

-Taylor

New blood in the forums

Posted on: June 29 2006 @ 09:49 PM

Content:

It's great to see so many new posters in the forums this plast month. Welcome, all!

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 19 2006 @ 10:29 PM
By: Nenya

Content:

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the site! Just registerred today and I love what I've seen so far. I really enjoyed listening to the podshock. I heard episode 50. Love what you guys are doing here. Smile LOL the cloister bell!

So just wanted to introduce myself and say hi Smile. I'm from New Hampshire and I've been a Dr. Who fan since I was about 8 or 9. I enjoyed watching Dr. Who episodes on our local PBS station. My favorite Doctor has always been Tom Baker and my favorite assistant is Sarah Jane Smith Smile

Recently saw the new series and I'm absolutely thrilled by it!

I hope to get to know more about everyone here on this great site!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 19 2006 @ 10:46 PM

Content:

Hey Nenya,

Welcome aboard! Grab some tea or coffee and make yourself at home.

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 20 2006 @ 08:24 AM
By: Satai Styx

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Nenya] So just wanted to introduce myself and say hi Smile. I'm from New Hampshire and I've been a Dr. Who fan since I was about 8 or 9. I enjoyed watching Dr. Who episodes on our local PBS station. My favorite Doctor has always been Tom Baker and my favorite assistant is Sarah Jane Smith Smile[/QUOTE]

Welcome, all newer members!
Welcome, fellow New England-er! I'm in central MA and also a long-time Dr Who fan. I don't know of any groups in NH but there is a western MA Dr Who club (The White Knights) and of course, UNIT in eastern MA. UNIT puts on a great small convention every fall in Springfield. A link to the site can be found on the resources page (see links above.)

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 20 2006 @ 02:49 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Nenya] Hi Everyone! I'm new to the site! Just registerred today and I love what I've seen so far. I really enjoyed listening to the podshock. I heard episode 50. Love what you guys are doing here. Smile LOL the cloister bell!

So just wanted to introduce myself and say hi Smile. I'm from New Hampshire and I've been a Dr. Who fan since I was about 8 or 9. I enjoyed watching Dr. Who episodes on our local PBS station. My favorite Doctor has always been Tom Baker and my favorite assistant is Sarah Jane Smith Smile

Recently saw the new series and I'm absolutely thrilled by it!

I hope to get to know more about everyone here on this great site![/QUOTE]

Welcome!

You'll find we're a friendly bunch here - will look out for your posts,

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 20 2006 @ 03:05 PM
By: James

Content:

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here. Always good to interact with new listeners.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 20 2006 @ 04:52 PM
By: seanhuxter

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Nenya]So just wanted to introduce myself and say hi Smile. I'm from New Hampshire and I've been a Dr. Who fan since I was about 8 or 9. I enjoyed watching Dr. Who episodes on our local PBS station. My favorite Doctor has always been Tom Baker and my favorite assistant is Sarah Jane Smith Smile
[/QUOTE]
Welcome aboard, Nenya. I'm living in eastern Massachusetts, just south of Boston.

If you want to hear what I sound like download episode 23, I think it was... where I put in my two cents with James, Ken and Louis...

My web site is Here

Well, that's one part of my web site anyway...

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Sean.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 21 2006 @ 09:31 AM
By: highlander357

Content:

Its good to see a New Hampshire/Massachusetts presence here. I grew up on Doctor Who weeknights at 7:00pm on PBS. I can't remember how many times I watched the series from Robot to Invasion of Time before they got new episodes. Not that I am complaining, because Tom Baker is definately my Doctor. When Who peaked we also had it on Saturday in movie style on another PBS station. Those were the days. Baker during the week and Davison on the weekends. Anyway, take care everyone.

JM

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 01 2006 @ 07:46 AM
By: whodovoodoo

Content:

So I suppose I should...you know...do the 'Hi' thing.

'Hi'

I came onto this forum after
a) the demise of OG ( can't seem to even get into the website now - terrible shame)
b) loving the podcasts on my morning walk along London's South Bank. (If any of you do the same look for me grinning like a crazy person between the houses of Parliament and Tate Modern early every morning)
c) Finding that the balance of opionion on these formums generally not only mirrored my own but challenged my preconceptions in a non agressive way ( some people on other forums get a bit too personal for my liking)
d) Just have very little to do at work at the moment.

Catch you later.

Hugs n stuff

Kat

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 01 2006 @ 08:58 AM
By: merlin_mccarley

Content:

Welcome, whodovoodoo I am a relative newcomer myself. Yes this is a good friendly place to talk about Doctor Who and other Sci-Fi matters.
I'm sure Louis keeps his eye out for abuse, but that said, I have seen good, well reasoned posts here and no personal abuse.
All the regular forum posters are to thank for the general tone and overall thoughtfulness of the site and on up to the show.

Cheers to you all,
Mike

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 01 2006 @ 10:57 PM

Content:

Hi Kat, welcome to the Gallifreyan Embassy! Yeah, I too enjoy the forums here. I love the various views expressed here... I often find differing opinions than of my own here as well, but that is what I enjoy. It makes me think things over perhaps from a different perspective.

As for the civility here, I must credit all the people here in our family that use this site. I never had to step in and stop anything in this regard. The one and only time I ever had to play "big brother" really was when some users were getting concerned about the amount of detail in a particular thread concerning getting episodes "by other means" (other than watching it directly on the BBC that is) prior to the release of DVDs or seeing it on other stations. And the only reason the conversation went that way was because people were just trying to help others out. I think foremost we are Doctor Who fans for Doctor Who fans... I know we use this sometimes as a tag-line for our podcasts, but it actually extends to our entire community here on the forums as well.

Now I hope I just didn't go off and jinx ourselves here. LOL.

But seriously, kudos to all the posters here for keeping this place a friendly and inviting place to discuss our favourite topic(s).

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 02 2006 @ 07:35 AM
By: old china

Content:

[QUOTE BY= whodovoodoo] ...loving the podcasts on my morning walk along London's South Bank. (If any of you do the same look for me grinning like a crazy person between the houses of Parliament and Tate Modern early every morning) Kat[/QUOTE]

Hello all, I'm also a "newb" here (just getting used to your web speak you crazy kids). So far I've stuck purely to the Torchwood threads, acting mostly as a big wet blanket.

To be honest, I've been steering clear of Doctor Who web sites for the last few months, since the "there's Daleks in the void ship" cliff hanger of Army Of Ghost was pre-empted on some forum somewhere and completely spoiled the surprise for me. I envied the surprised reactions of my friends to the cliffhanger, so as much as I enjoy these forums I realised that I really wanted to be surprised by Doctor Who again.

So I've stopped frequenting the new series forums and have been sticking to Torchwood or old series chatter (loved the recent one about what could have been with the Five Doctors) although I've only recently started contributing.

And I've just started watching the old series from An Unearthly Child. Just got to The Aztecs. I can't believe how good these old ones are. William Hartnell is superb. Incredible that he was THE doctor for a while.

Whodoovoodoo- I cycle along the South Bank (one of those annoying people who cycles by the Oxo tower even though there's signs telling us to dismount). In fact I might be in The Founders Arms tonight! If I stay there long enough I'll be grinning like a crazy person too.

Wink

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 02 2006 @ 01:20 PM
By: jeffreysg

Content:

Wow, can I actually NOT be considered new blood anymore?

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 02 2006 @ 06:43 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= jeffreysg] Wow, can I actually NOT be considered new blood anymore?[/QUOTE]

Yep, you're old blood now! Wink

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 17 2006 @ 02:03 PM
By: TOMSPY77

Content:

Hey, how are all you guys doin?

Just to let you know I'm new here but I'll be around. So just sayin hi, I'll srr you later.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 17 2006 @ 02:33 PM

Content:

Hey TOMSPY77,

Welcome aboard. You have been given diplomatic access to the Embassy. You will find that we are bigger on the inside Wink

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 17 2006 @ 02:42 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= TOMSPY77] Hey, how are all you guys doin?

Just to let you know I'm new here but I'll be around. So just sayin hi, I'll srr you later.

[/QUOTE]

Welcome - it may not seem busy at times - depends where in the world you are.

I'm in the UK and often I'm just signing off at 1am when the US crowd hit the site - although don't tell their bosses - but a few sneek a quick look around during their workday.

You can always add yourself to the Podshock Frappr map - check right down the righthand site of the main page for details.

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 17 2006 @ 06:23 PM
By: Semiyon

Content:

Hi there. Think I could as new blood - joined the forums a few months ago but only built up the nerve to post in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for the friendly welcome!!!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 17 2006 @ 08:00 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Semiyon] Hi there. Think I could as new blood - joined the forums a few months ago but only built up the nerve to post in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for the friendly welcome!!![/QUOTE]

You have some nerve posting here... -- Hey, only kidding. No need to work up the nerve to post, this what the forums is all about. We are all friendly here.

So get comfortable, relax, and...

Do try the chips. Wink

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 29 2006 @ 03:03 AM
By: The 11th Doctor

Content:

Well, I'm a noob sort of. I've been listening to Podshock for the better part of the year and I have lurked in these froums for most of that time, but tonight I thought I'd post for the first time and here it is. It's nice. Smile

New blood in the forums

Posted on: November 29 2006 @ 05:34 AM
By: whodovoodoo

Content:

Just in to do a 'three stars' dance!

To quote 'actorguy'

[QUOTE BY= actorguy] ::Bouncy::Bouncy::Bouncy::Bouncy::

Mr. Green [/QUOTE]

New blood in the forums

Posted on: December 12 2006 @ 05:42 PM
By: constantirritant

Content:

Coming to you live from an unnamed basement near Dealey Plaza: another newbie!

I thought I'd say my formal hello.
Hello!

I feel like I know a lot of you because I've either heard of your or heard your actual dulcet tones on Podshock. I'm still sloooooowly catching up on the episodes. I started from the beginning and have made it up to March of this year.

Looking forward to reading and commenting...

ConstantIrritant

New blood in the forums

Posted on: December 12 2006 @ 05:53 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= constantirritant] Coming to you live from an unnamed basement near Dealey Plaza: another newbie!

Looking forward to reading and commenting...

ConstantIrritant
[/QUOTE]
Greetings, and welcome. Good to have another DFW (presumptive) area forum member/listener. Only one request, don't try to live up to your name Wink .

Mike M.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: December 13 2006 @ 07:08 AM
By: Rob Himself

Content:

Hi i am Rob i became a fan of Doctor who after my brother Carred on bugging me to whach Doctor who so i did.....My first epasode was parting ways............Bastard i am still kicking myself for not giveing it a chance when it first started with the new season But i hope i redeamed myself with preordering the 2005 season.

Well luckey for me my brother had recorded all of it on freeview so i was ready for the xmas invason.

When i got the 2005 season on DVD I remeber christopher eccleston saying he will be the first doctor to a lot of kids for this day and age..............Well i am 24 but i felt like a kid on xmas when i got season 1 on dvd and christopher eccleston will allways be my first and fave doctor billie piper is nice and all but that guy made me a fan as you three podcasters will say he is just fantastic.

David Tennent Dident pick up the ball he drop kicked and and chached it he filled some huge shues and i enjoy and am glad he ca pull it off but in my hart and same with my ex GF christopher eccleston is my first and will allways be hard to forget lol

I came across podshock about 2 months ago i was looking for a new podcast Due to one of my fave podcasts haveing a podcast dry spell [url]http://www.geekshow.us/[url] i decided to look for a differnt TV show type of podcast i liked Doctor who so i subsciribed to podshock (I am up to podshock 53) I really like the show its doctor who and most importently podcasters who dont sound like robots and i love the off topic banter that happens at times it cracks me up and keeps me intrested and i love it that you keep it as live as you can as when skype goes balls up.
But the biggie is when (Sorry i dont remeber your name) Goes on a rant about stargate and the sci fi channel i loved it really cracked me up.

Since i first liserning to your podcast i decided to give the classic seasons a go...Well kinda i got the doctor who usa/uk movie and the 5 doctors film due to wanting to know more about the doctors history and that is another reason why i like your podcast Doctor who is the longest running sci fi show going and you guys give new fans like me a brillient guide.

Well i best end this but thank you all of you for giveing us a excellent podcast and a differnt view to a classic often discribed as trippy show DOCTOR WHO.

Thank you all

New blood in the forums

Posted on: December 13 2006 @ 09:32 AM

Content:

Another Ken rant fan! Welcome Rob! And welcome to everybody else, those who have worked up the courage to post, and those who just lurk, stalking Louis' every move.

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: December 15 2006 @ 07:56 AM
By: Rob Himself

Content:

Thank you Smile

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 14 2007 @ 09:57 AM
By: Jeneral

Content:

This seems to be the place to introduce oneself, so here goes...

I'm Jeneral, a 30-something legal secretary in central Florida - yes, I'm yet another one of those bandwagon-jumping Americans who discovered Doctor Who in 2005. Since then I've seen, via Netflix and "other means," a story with every Doctor except Six. (Gotta get on that.) I'm loving the rich history of this show, and although I found the sheer amount of material to be a little daunting at first, now I'm loving it because it means it'll be AGES before I run out.

I found Podshock in September of 2006 when I got an iPod for my birthday and thought "Hmmm, so what's this 'podcasting' thing I've been hearing so much about?" I really enjoy the podcast and look forward to every new episode.

After much deliberation, I've decided that my favorite Doctor is...well...whichever one I've just watched. I'm fickle that way.

Looking forward to getting to know folks on the forums!

-jeneral

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 14 2007 @ 11:41 AM

Content:

Welcome, Jeneral,

Usually, most people's favorite Doctor is their first, but sometimes that can be changed. Well, enjoying whichever Doctor you are watching is the best way to go in my opinion!

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 12 2007 @ 04:25 PM

Content:

I've been noticing a few more first time posters in the forums, and I can only guess we have a number of first time lurkers as well. Well, a hearty welcome to all! You know who you are, even if I don't!

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 12 2007 @ 04:57 PM
By: gackt

Content:

hello podshock and the greater whoniverse *waves*

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 12 2007 @ 05:48 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= gackt] hello podshock and the greater whoniverse *waves*
[/QUOTE]

Welcome Gackt! Make yourself at home. And as Taras would recommend, do try the chips!

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 15 2007 @ 04:09 AM
By: shockeye07

Content:

Hi everyone. After many months of trying, I have finally made it on to the forum !!! I live in Nottingaham UK and have been listening to the podcasts for about 6 months and been watching Doctor Who since 1968. My fave Doctor is Tom Baker.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 15 2007 @ 09:09 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= shockeye07] Hi everyone. After many months of trying, I have finally made it on to the forum !!! I live in Nottingaham UK and have been listening to the podcasts for about 6 months and been watching Doctor Who since 1968. My fave Doctor is Tom Baker.[/QUOTE]

Welcome aboard - if you've been watching since the Sixties you should have plenty to say.

Cheers, daveac (Manchester UK)

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 19 2007 @ 09:20 PM
By: zaphod08

Content:

Hello to everyone. I've been a Dr. Who fan since 1978, and on staff of Gallifrey One for all 18 years. As you can tell by my handle, I'm obviously a Hitchhikers fan also. I discovered Podshock, around 6 months ago, and finally got caught up. Looks like I'm the newest blood of which you speak. Cheers.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 19 2007 @ 09:23 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= zaphod08] Hello to everyone. I've been a Dr. Who fan since 1978, and on staff of Gallifrey One for all 18 years. As you can tell by my handle, I'm obviously a Hitchhikers fan also. I discovered Podshock, around 6 months ago, and finally got caught up. Looks like I'm the newest blood of which you speak. Cheers.[/QUOTE]
Well, you have been listening for 6 months, so you are virtually an old hand... Welcome to the forums!

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: April 24 2007 @ 02:17 AM
By: melter65

Content:

Another noob to this forum!

Hello, I've just started listening to the podshock (I typed Dr. Who into itunes search engine!) I downloaded back to no. 45 then started listening Cool

Just to let you know how much I enjoy the podcast and look forward to listening to the next one.

I'm in Sheffield, UK and am old enough to remember most of the Doctors (although WH is a bit hazy, I think I remember the films more than the episodes) John Pertwee was 'my' Doctor, although I do remember watching a lot of Tom Baker!

I heard daveac on the 'Feedback' section (I think it was no. 71?) I went to 'tin-dog' and downloaded all your podcasts onto my computer, I'll listen to them as I'm reading this forum! Mr. Green

Anyway, see you all later!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: April 24 2007 @ 02:28 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= melter65] Another noob to this forum!

Hello, I've just started listening to the podshock (I typed Dr. Who into itunes search engine!) I downloaded back to no. 45 then started listening Cool

Just to let you know how much I enjoy the podcast and look forward to listening to the next one.

I'm in Sheffield, UK and am old enough to remember most of the Doctors (although WH is a bit hazy, I think I remember the films more than the episodes) John Pertwee was 'my' Doctor, although I do remember watching a lot of Tom Baker!

I heard daveac on the 'Feedback' section (I think it was no. 71?) I went to 'tin-dog' and downloaded all your podcasts onto my computer, I'll listen to them as I'm reading this forum! Mr. Green

Anyway, see you all later![/QUOTE]

Welcome traveler, glad to have you along. Happy reading and listening.

Cheers,
Mike M.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: April 24 2007 @ 09:04 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= melter65]

Anyway, see you all later![/QUOTE]

Welcome - but I think you have me mixed up? 'The Tin Dog Podcast' isn't my podcast.
EDIT - my feedback was on Podshock 70
Second EDIT:- Tin Dog '35 years old, Male, Newcastle Upon Tyne'

In fact I don't have a podcast - just a website which has a Dr Who section on it:-
here

and

here

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: April 24 2007 @ 05:16 PM
By: melter65

Content:

Sorry daveac, I was listening to the ipod at work and listened to two and a half podshocks the other night! I must have got my 'Feedbacks' mixed up! Big Grin

I'll have a good look at your website Smile

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 04 2007 @ 01:37 PM
By: Tawm

Content:

Hi, my name is Tawm, I'm living in Rhode Island in the US. I've been a Doctor Who fan for twelve years.

Okay, sorry. That was a lie. I wish that were true, but I've been a Doctor Who fan for twelve weeks. But I think what lack in longevity, I make up for in enthusiasm. I've digested all the new episodes and a bunch of the old episodes, and gotten some of my friends into it as well.

My favorite Doctor is all of them.

Anyhow, the way I became a Doctor Who fan was that I had been hearing about it for years (especially being a long-time Douglas Adams fan) and it had always sounded like something I might enjoy but I never got around to checking it out. Finally, I did, and I wish I had done so sooner.

I've been listening to Podshock for most of the time I've been a Doctor Who fan, so I figured I ought to join the forum and join the fun!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 04 2007 @ 01:55 PM

Content:

Welcome Tawm, and everybody else...

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 04 2007 @ 05:51 PM
By: Starman

Content:

Thanks for the general welcome, Taras. And also to daveac, who welcomed me on my recent link posting (Marthaís brother Leo).

Iíve been a Doctor Who watcher, on and off, since the Hartnell days and enjoy being able to watch something thatís entertaining (most of the time). I watch very little TV these days, as I get plenty of dťjŗ vu with most of the programmes. Not so with Doctor Who. Even when they go over old ground (like the Daleks and Cybermen) the writers, both old and new, always seem to try and give it some twist and turns to try and keep it fresh for the viewer. The new Whoís have a completely different feel about them compared to the older ones. Not a bad thing, just different again. Of course, itís easier when your main character can go anywhere, at any time.

I donít really have a favourite Doctor, I think theyíve all done a pretty good job in their own way. Some of the companions have been not so great, but overall itís a great show and long may it continue to be on our screens. Big Grin

Richard

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 04 2007 @ 07:12 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Starman] Not a bad thing, just different again. Of course, itís easier when your main character can go anywhere, at any time.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Richard[/QUOTE]

Careful writing things like that - you'll have Louis choking(EDIT) on his (non-alcoholic) drink!

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 04 2007 @ 07:44 PM
By: Starman

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac] [QUOTE BY= Starman] Not a bad thing, just different again. Of course, itís easier when your main character can go anywhere, at any time.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Richard[/QUOTE]

Careful writing things like that - you'll have Louis chocking on his (non-alcoholic) drink!

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

Iíll have to remember that!! I wouldnít want Louis to be unable to do the next edition of Podshock.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 04 2007 @ 07:56 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Starman] [QUOTE BY= daveac] [QUOTE BY= Starman] Not a bad thing, just different again. Of course, itís easier when your main character can go anywhere, at any time.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Richard[/QUOTE]

Careful writing things like that - you'll have Louis choking(my edit) on his (non-alcoholic) drink!

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

Iíll have to remember that!! I wouldnít want Louis to be unable to do the next edition of Podshock.
[/QUOTE]

I guess you knew what I meant - but for other newbies - Louis - and many others of us here - are upset that the Doctor doesn't 'can go anywhere' at least in terms of going to other planets - and non-human ones as well!

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 04 2007 @ 08:31 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac] [QUOTE BY= Starman] [QUOTE BY= daveac] [QUOTE BY= Starman] Not a bad thing, just different again. Of course, itís easier when your main character can go anywhere, at any time.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Richard[/QUOTE]

Careful writing things like that - you'll have Louis choking(my edit) on his (non-alcoholic) drink!

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess you knew what I meant - but for other newbies - Louis - and many others of us here - are upset that the Doctor doesn't 'can go anywhere' at least in terms of going to other planets - and non-human ones as well!

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

First, welcome to all the mid-term (S3) newcomers to our happy playground.

Second, a horrible thought - perhaps humans are the only ones left after the 'Time War' that are worth visiting anymore. We certainly have had a host of "Ancient & Mythological" visits of late. Sooner or later Martha has to wonder (as do we here) if there is more out there than just the past & future of humankind that deserves such attention/intervention.

Cheers,
Mike M.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 08 2007 @ 09:55 PM
By: sstevens97

Content:

Hi -

I'm an old school fan who first discovered Doctor Who when it aired on PBS in Boston back in the late Seventies. My first memories of the show are from "Robot," although I have several memories from the Hinchcliffe years forever etched on my childhood psyche.

I became quite a big fan and follower of the series in my teenage years, but my interest started waning during the final seasons. Even at fifteen I realized something wasn't quite right...though having rewatched some of the stories I think the music was the biggest barrier to my enjoyment of them.

Anyway, I never completely lost my interest and enthusiasm for the series...it just sort of lay dormant as I moved through life coming to the surface again briefly when I studied in London in the Nineties, and then again with the Fox movie. The new series, which I quite like, rekindled the flame, and I've been amazed to discover all of the great developments of the last decade (e.g., lost story audios, original audios, books, etc.). Now, I can finally catch up on the gaps in my Hartnell and Troughton while traveling for business - never would have thought it possible when reading those Haining books so many years ago. Smile

And my hat's off to the crew of this great forum and podcast. Over the last several months, I've been digesting and enjoying the discussions of Louis, Ken, and James - great stuff and good fun. And, of course, I can't forget mentioning those stellar reviews from Darth. Really great work, and I'm happy to finally submit a post to the forum.

-Shawn

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 08 2007 @ 11:00 PM

Content:

Welcome to the forum, Shawn.

Taras

New blood in the forums

Posted on: June 21 2007 @ 09:34 AM
By: DR_YANA

Content:

I've been a Podshock listener since summer of '05, after reading forum posts I've decided to find enough "Sonic" in my screwdriver to register. I'm missing out on all the fun you guys are having and hope to interact and get in on all the excitement that GE and Podshock has brought for all of us new and longtime Who fans! For me, it was the Pertwee era on WPHL-17 back in the early 70's and how The Master and "Terror of the Autons" made me afraid to turn out the lights in my bedroom that fateful night when I was 9 years old! That plastic "comfy chair" and voodoo doll, both still creep me out to this day!!

Thanks for coming together in a "Fantastic" forum, "Fantastic Indeed!" to quote James!! Cool
Peace,

~Bill

New blood in the forums

Posted on: June 21 2007 @ 09:41 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= DR_YANA] I've been a Podshock listener since summer of '05, after reading forum posts I've decided to find enough "Sonic" in my screwdriver to register. I'm missing out on all the fun you guys are having and hope to interact and get in on all the excitement that GE and Podshock has brought for all of us new and longtime Who fans! For me, it was the Pertwee era on WPHL-17 back in the early 70's and how The Master and "Terror of the Autons" made me afraid to turn out the lights in my bedroom that fateful night when I was 9 years old! That plastic "comfy chair" and voodoo doll, both still creep me out to this day!!

Thanks for coming together in a "Fantastic" forum, "Fantastic Indeed!" to quote James!! Cool
Peace,

~Bill

[/QUOTE]

Welcome ...DR_YANA - what a great forum name - now will your avatar be kindly Prof Yana or after the realisation YANA or one of the two Master faces.

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: June 21 2007 @ 10:55 AM
By: DR_YANA

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]
Welcome ...DR_YANA - what a great forum name - now will your avatar be kindly Prof Yana or after the realisation YANA or one of the two Master faces.

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the warm welcome and your creative suggestions for my avatar, daveac!! I'm normally not good at conjuring up a creative ID, you might say the good professor inspired me Smile As for the avatar, I'm going to let my overall "mood" decide which face should be displayed, Wink Twisted Evil

Peace,

~Bill

New blood in the forums

Posted on: June 27 2007 @ 02:18 AM
By: Fairport

Content:

Just thought I'd drop in and say a quick "howdy and hello" to all of the fine folk here in the forum.

Strangely enough, outside of Doctor Who, I'm not a huge sci-fi fan (please don't stone me). Growing up, all of my friends were pretending to be "Star Wars" characters (who the hell is this Wedge Antilles I keeping hearing about?) and I was either attempting to be Doctor #4 or James Bond (Connery, of course!). Nevertheless, I'm determined to see Blake's 7, so I'm saving up for a region-free DVD player.

*editor's note* - I've just been told that James Bond is a science fiction/fantasy character. So I guess I am a sci-fi fan.

I'm one of those "High Fidelity" music geeks. I love just about everything: Americana, Freakbeat, Mod Revival '79, British Invasion, Doo Wop, Early Psychadelia, Stax-Volt, Pre-1965 Country, Punk '77, Power Pop, Northern Soul, New Orleans Jazz, Jangle Pop, Ska Revival, British Folk-Rock, No Wave, Proto-Punk, Garage Rock, Free Jazz, Jump Blues...alright, I'll stop there. If you really want to read more, feel free to "friend me" on myspace or send me an email.

Anyway, I'm here to celebrate the majesty known as Doctor Who! May the good Doctor have an inifinate number of regenerations.

Fairport (aka Jay)

New blood in the forums

Posted on: June 27 2007 @ 07:10 AM
By: Doctor Whoovie

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Fairport]Nevertheless, I'm determined to see Blake's 7, so I'm saving up for a region-free DVD player.

Fairport (aka Jay)

[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums.

Assuming that you are in the US, saving up for a region-free DVD player is not too bad, mine cost $60 at circuit city. However you will need to save up to buy Blake's 7 DVDs. You can get a box set of all 4 series from amazon.co.uk (which is by far the cheapest way of getting them) but it is 100 pounds sterling, i.e $200 at current exchange rates.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 01 2007 @ 05:43 PM
By: Ace

Content:

Hello listened to podshock for over a year and enjoy it a lot keep up the good work

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 01 2007 @ 09:33 PM

Content:

Wicked!

Welcome Ace!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 22 2007 @ 08:37 AM
By: DJ

Content:

Hiya, I'm new Oops!

I love the podshocks and thought I'd join and say Hi.

I'm an active member on the David Tennant forum too so some people may know me from there? *shrugs*

Anyhoo, nice to meet you all.

DJ

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 22 2007 @ 12:01 PM

Content:

Welcome, DJ!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 22 2007 @ 01:37 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= DJ] Hiya, I'm new Oops!

I love the podshocks and thought I'd join and say Hi.

I'm an active member on the David Tennant forum too so some people may know me from there? *shrugs*

Anyhoo, nice to meet you all.

DJ[/QUOTE]

Welcome DJ - no PodShock Live today - but I've been watching the British Open Golf anyway - otherwise I'd be lost!

PS - It's just now going to a two player play off!

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 22 2007 @ 02:18 PM

Content:

^ Groovy Laughing Out Loud

Thanks for the warm welcome!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 24 2007 @ 12:29 PM
By: silvanthalas

Content:

Hello. I'm new to these forums as well.

I probably won't post often, but somebody may recognize my handle from Outpost Gallifrey's forums or perhaps from somewhere else.

I plan on attending the BBCA Torchwood panel at SDCC this Thursday, so maybe I can contribute soon by providing some info after the panel. Smile

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 24 2007 @ 02:20 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= silvanthalas] Hello. I'm new to these forums as well.

I probably won't post often, but somebody may recognize my handle from Outpost Gallifrey's forums or perhaps from somewhere else.

I plan on attending the BBCA Torchwood panel at SDCC this Thursday, so maybe I can contribute soon by providing some info after the panel. Smile[/QUOTE]

Welcome silvanthalas!

Be sure to pick up a few of the exclusive Comic Con Doctor Who figuresÖ

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 24 2007 @ 02:35 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat] [QUOTE BY= silvanthalas] Hello. I'm new to these forums as well.

[/QUOTE]

Welcome silvanthalas!

[/QUOTE]

Welcome from me as well!

It's strange we've had a number of new users recently - but the number of 'active members' - check using the 'Site Statistics' button at the top of the page - has gone down from over 150 to 142.

When does an 'active' member drop off the counter?

Is it a month without signing in - or posting?

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 24 2007 @ 03:24 PM
By: silvanthalas

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]Be sure to pick up a few of the exclusive Comic Con Doctor Who figuresÖ[/QUOTE]

We shall see.

I do plan on stopping by the Weta booth to get a first hand look at the Doctor Who statues that they're going to be premiering, which I believe will some time Friday. Smile

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 24 2007 @ 03:53 PM

Content:

Have a great time Big Grin
Being in the UK it would be impossible for me to go, but in October I'm going to the DW exhibition in Blackpool and the one in Manchester Wink Excited? Me? Never!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 28 2007 @ 10:34 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

It's strange we've had a number of new users recently - but the number of 'active members' - check using the 'Site Statistics' button at the top of the page - has gone down from over 150 to 142.

When does an 'active' member drop off the counter?

Is it a month without signing in - or posting?

Cheers, daveac
[/QUOTE]

Now the number of active members is down to 136?

Yet I'm sure we've had at least 20 new members in the last few months.

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 29 2007 @ 09:57 AM

Content:

We actually have 874 registered members on our site at the time that I am posting this message. I am guessing that after a person does not log back on the site after a certain predetermined time (which I am not sure of what that may be) they are considered inactive.

So even though we are constantly having new members signing up, we are also having existing members not staying "active" (and thus falling off the "active" list) so the "active member" count may actually drop even though there are new members signing up.

Also that figure 874 represents actual real registered people on the site as I manually review and delete any spam-bots that make it through the initial registration process. If we were to count spam-bots registrations, that number would be perhaps 10 times as big, if not larger.

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 29 2007 @ 12:49 PM

Content:

Hoo-ray for spambots who are pumping up our numbers... they'll probably start extorting us soon... Frown

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 29 2007 @ 05:03 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= tarashnat]
Hoo-ray for spambots who are pumping up our numbers... they'll probably start extorting us soon... Frown [/QUOTE]

Au contraire, my friend... The evil spam-bot accounts are being deleted before they have the opportunity to pump up our numbers.

Otherwise, they could be like the Toclafane and be quite annoying.

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 23 2008 @ 11:56 AM

Content:

Time to resurrect this thread in the post-Gallifrey euphoria!

Welcome to all the new posters who discovered/returned to the forum due to Gallifrey!

Hello!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 23 2008 @ 02:53 PM
By: Joshua Lou

Content:

Guess I qualify as a newbie as well...

After listening to Podshock for over a year, and ESPECIALLY after meeting Ken and Louis at Gallifrey... I figured it was time to get involved! Because of my busy schedule (see profile), it's also the first forum I've EVER subscribed to... but thanks to Podshock (coupled with my life-long love for all things "Who"), I'm hoping to become a frequent contributor. Thanks to all for welcoming us "new-bloods" with open arms!

Let's get this party started!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 23 2008 @ 07:44 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Joshua Lou]
Guess I qualify as a newbie as well...

(see profile)

Let's get this party started!
[/QUOTE]

What a profile - can I have one like that!

This way to the playboy mansion - Oh! and the other important stuff you mentioned Wink

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 24 2008 @ 12:00 PM
By: James

Content:

Welcome one, welcome all!

I'm sorry I wasn't able to meet all the new posters at Gallifrey 19.

I'l definitely be there next year! Great to see you on the forums!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 24 2008 @ 03:14 PM
By: Billyaxe

Content:

Hey Josh, Good to meet you at Gallifrey. I was the third guy at the table with Ken and Louis ( I mention that because who can remember when there's alcohol involved.)

The thing we have to do next year is schedule a specific time that all the Podshock listeners meet at the Champions bar for a meet and greet. That would be fun.
I'm gonna remember that for next year. --Billy

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 24 2008 @ 04:46 PM
By: Joshua Lou

Content:

Sounds good, Billy... consider me there!

Cheers,

Joshua

PS - Love your profile's "piper" quote... I was thinking about that one myself, glad to see someone's used it!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: February 24 2008 @ 04:58 PM
By: Billyaxe

Content:

Yeah I cant wait til next Gallifrey. Right now here on the east coast the next Doctor Who event we have to look forward to is Jumpcon in Boston on July 18th. Frazier Hines (Is he the Phantom Piper?), Mary Tamm, and Debra Watling will be there. Wow! --Billy

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 04 2008 @ 01:40 PM
By: The_Hobbit

Content:

New member here *waves*.

I've been listening to Podshock for a little over a year now (and really enjoy it), and I've lurked on the forum every now and then, so I figured it was time for me to go ahead and join Big Grin.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 04 2008 @ 01:53 PM
By: Ken

Content:

Welcome Hobbit (Laura)!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: May 04 2008 @ 02:55 PM

Content:

A hearty hello and welcome to all lurkers and delurkers. Enjoy the forums.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: June 06 2008 @ 07:03 PM

Content:

It's nice to see even more new members to the Forums - don't be shy - this thread is here to welcome you.

And if you didn't already know - try to tune into the LIVE podcast - DR Who Podshock that is open to all.

Usually at 12 noon EDT - but we are covering the Series 4 episodes the day after they have airred in the UK
- so there will be spoilers if you haven't yet watched the story.

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 30 2008 @ 11:14 AM
By: beksy

Content:

I guess this should have been my first stop-off to post, but oh well. Anyway, I'm Beksy (that's close enough to my real name, thanks), I've been listening to Dr. Who Podshock for a month or so while I commute to and from work, and Romana's probably my favorite reviewer (sorry boys!). When it comes to fannish stuff (non-plot related observations), she tends to say a lot of what I'm thinking.

I've been a Doctor Who fan for about four years (five, if you count the fact that I did watch the movie and the Eighth Doctor was my first Doctor). I was perfectly happy to watch the Sci-Fi network airings until I realized the BBC airings are dramatically earlier in the year. Those episodes are much longer and much better (thank you, Psychic Network!).

I'm still learning the board's particulars, and I'm having lots of fun.

Can't wait for the Round-Up!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: July 30 2008 @ 06:40 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= beksy] Anyway, I'm Beksy (that's close enough to my real name, thanks), I've been listening to Dr. Who Podshock for a month or so while I commute to and from work, and Romana's probably my favorite reviewer (sorry boys!).
When it comes to fannish stuff (non-plot related observations), she tends to say a lot of what I'm thinking.

[/QUOTE]

Welcome beksy - enjoy the forums.

Yes RomanaII has a few fans here. Wink

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 08 2008 @ 09:16 AM
By: TanjaWho

Content:

Greetings from germany.
I'm new on this site and there is so many to read and so many to discover.
I'm glad to be here. The podshock is so great. Big Grin

Best wishes and a cup of coffee for all c(__)
Tanja

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english writing...I'm working on it
Confused

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 08 2008 @ 09:55 AM

Content:

Willkommen! Alle Freunde von Tanja sind immer willkommen.

OK, so that's the extent of my high school German from decades ago...

Welcome to the forums!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 08 2008 @ 10:20 AM

Content:

*blush* What a wonderfull welcome. Thanks a lot *big hug* Big Grin

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 11 2008 @ 05:39 PM

Content:

With the amount of spam-bots constantly knocking on our doors to come in each and every day, it is always refreshing when it is a real person...

Sorry, I just had to delete about 60 pending spam-bot accounts that wanted access here.

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 11 2008 @ 08:19 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]

Sorry, I just had to delete about 60 pending spam-bot accounts that wanted access here.

Cheers,
Louis[/QUOTE]

What's that Louis - you've deleted Spamalot!

Delete! Delete! Delete!

Welcome Tanja, cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 11 2008 @ 09:25 PM

Content:

Wasn't Peter Davison in Spamalot?

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 13 2008 @ 02:03 PM

Content:

Thanks all of you. I'm glad to be here...and I know the problems with spambots very well... Evil
Wish you all a fantastic day...or night...whatever time it is in your country Wink

Big Hugs
Tanja

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 13 2008 @ 05:55 PM
By: ebassluis

Content:

Spamalot! Should've been Cats instead!

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 15 2008 @ 11:52 AM
By: jwallrobb63

Content:

Hello - Another long-time Gallifreyan Embassy reader/listener who finally signed up himself. You can only read other people's comments and opinions for so long before wanting to add some of your own. Smile
I'm looking forward to contributing my 2 1/2 cents worth (or 2 1/2 p) in this ongoing celebration of why we enjoy Doctor Who so much.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 15 2008 @ 11:52 AM

Content:

Sorry - double posted by mistake. Growing Pains.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 15 2008 @ 12:02 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= jwallrobb63] Sorry - double posted by mistake. Growing Pains.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums - 'nice chap...both of them' (missquote)

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM

Content:

Not to be a little bit thick, but where can I "tweak" my account (add picture, quote, etc). I can't find it anywhere. Thanks.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 15 2008 @ 01:37 PM

Content:

A big welcome hug from germany, jwallrobb63. Hope you'll have a fantastic time here Mr. Green

New blood in the forums

Posted on: August 15 2008 @ 02:12 PM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= jwallrobb63] Not to be a little bit thick, but where can I "tweak" my account (add picture, quote, etc). I can't find it anywhere. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

That's OK .

Look down the left side of the page to the 'User Functions' section and click on 'Account Information'

There is a box there to to add a sig and you can upload a small picture for your avatar.

The size on the forum is 75x75 so if you sort out one excactly that size on your computer it should look just the same online.

There is a 'Browse' button to find it on your PC and to upload. Keep the file size to under 10k (ie very small)

There are other sections for 'Bio' etc.

Cheers, daveac

PS when you've found your way around - if you have any personally taken Dr Who related pictures - why not add them to the Media Gallery (see top of page)

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
By: adeola

Content:

Hi everyone. I realised after watching Army of Ghosts/Doomsday that Adeola is an anagram of my initials and surname.

I've now been dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century with broadband internet, iPods and podcasts. Didn't realise what a strong presence the Whoniverse had on the web!

Louis, Ken and James are doing a really good job with Podshock and as well as the new episodes, I'm working my way through the back catalogue, courtesy of iTunes. I expect most, if not all of you, know about the DWO Whocast and the Tin Dog (I've seen his thread on here) but if you've never listened, give them a go,too.

I'm from the UK and have been watching the good Doctor since the beginning (yes, I am that old!).

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM

Content:

Welcome! It's always great to see this thread resurrected.

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 25 2009 @ 05:15 AM

Content:

I concur with Taras! Welcome aboard Adeola!

Cheers,
Louis

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 25 2009 @ 07:21 AM

Content:

[QUOTE BY= Louis]
I concur with Taras! Welcome aboard Adeola!

Cheers,
Louis[/QUOTE]

Yes welcome Adeola.

I hope you know there are 2 PodShock feeds on iTunes with some different content. The PodShock LIVE has episodes on the individual Series 4 episodes for instance.

Also why not try some of the CIA: Cultdom in Audio podcasts (also on iTunes) check which a Who related.

And 'Hoo' has his his new podcast as well 'Hoo on Who'

Cheers, daveac

New blood in the forums

Posted on: January 26 2009 @ 08:20 AM
By: adeola

Content:

[QUOTE BY= daveac]

I hope you know there are 2 PodShock feeds on iTunes with some different content. The PodShock LIVE has episodes on the individual Series 4 episodes for instance.

Also why not try some of the CIA: Cultdom in Audio podcasts (also on iTunes) check which a Who related.

And 'Hoo' has his his new podcast as well 'Hoo on Who'

Cheers, daveac[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the welcome, folks.

I discovered Podshock Live yesterday and have subscribed to that as well. Trouble is, when am I going to find time to listen to all this? Laughing Out Loud

The Gallifreyan Embassy - Forum
http://gallifreyanembassy.org/portal/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=973