The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Yet Another Promo for the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special - Last Christmas
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 319 - The 2014 Series of Doctor Who Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing the 2014 Series Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 30
  • Peter Capaldi Being Interviewed by Craig Ferguson in 2009 [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Preview from BBC Children in Need
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 318 - 'Death in Heaven' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special 2014 Promo "Trailer" Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Death in Heaven? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Death in Heaven' Scheduled for Sunday, Nov 09
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 317 - 'Dark Water' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 06
    Daleks Invade Manchester:- Dalek Picture 06
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Doctor Who Chatter »  Who's in the media
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Who's in the media Views: 3529
     Wednesday, December 20 2006 @ 05:29 PM EST
    Just because fans of the show living outside the UK don't always get to see media coverage of Tennant and other personalities on the show, I thought it'd be helpful to start a thread where all these nifty li'l "media moments" (not relating to a specific episode, but more generally about the personality involved) might be stored.

Be warned: this is already shaping up to be quite a hodge-podge of a thread. Some of the pieces are quite fluff; others (like the Who Do You Think You Are? piece) are really quite serious documentaries. There's probably something here to fit your every mood.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, December 20 2006 @ 05:31 PM EST
    First up is a tidbit from sometime early in Tennant's career as the Doctor. David goes to Glastonbury and reveals that not all Scotsmen have a profound love of nature . . .

In a similar sort of "sofa chat" style comes an interview from not so many weeks ago that's already received a bit of press notice. John Barrowman and David Tennant make their first onscreen appearance together on the unlikely This Morning set, with Barrowman playing the part of "The Interviewer" and Tennant, "The Interviewee".

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Wednesday, December 20 2006 @ 05:37 PM EST
    In this rare 1977 ABC interview, Tom Baker makes what appears to be his Australian media debut and discusses the upcoming Season 15, the difference between Superman and the Doctor, and the possibility of Superman mistaking the TARDIS for a likely place to change into costume.

In this radio interview back in England, Tom discusses what was not yet known to be his final season.

Wednesday, December 20 2006 @ 05:49 PM EST
    Here, Jon Pertwee has a chance to reflect upon his time as the Doctor. The date of this broadcast is speculative, but it seems to have been around 1979. The implication is that Tom Baker is still in the role, and it may well have been recorded at the same time as the Baker radio interview, above.

Wednesday, December 20 2006 @ 06:00 PM EST
    David talks at the release of Harry Potter IV.

Wednesday, December 20 2006 @ 06:08 PM EST
    Next up is an in-depth look at David Tennant via the Who Do You Think You Are? program.

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Part Five

Part Six

Wednesday, December 20 2006 @ 07:39 PM EST
    After you've watched Who Do You Think You Are? a nifty little follow up is the less serious, but still family-oriented, Ready Steady Cook appearance with David and his dad.

Part 2

Part Three

Part Four

Wednesday, December 20 2006 @ 07:59 PM EST
    Here's a Jonathan Ross post-"Doomsday" interview with Billie Piper.

Then there's an interview from just a couple of weeks ago in which she primarily discusses her book.

And a Paul O'Grady Christmastime appearance . . .

Wednesday, December 20 2006 @ 09:33 PM EST
    Darth - thanks for the posting. I loved the pieces from WDYTYA: as a historian, it's always nice to see people's reactions to their heritage, and see how it impacts the person they are today.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, December 22 2006 @ 11:41 AM EST
    Here's BBC Breakfast's take on the Torchwood launch, including short interviews with RTD and John Barrowman.

Wales Today covers the Torchwood premiere . . .

This one's from a while back, but it's still good fun. Tennant gives a BAFTA to his boss. Includes a quick, but interesting, retrospective on his work . . .

Doctor Who wins a BAFTA . . .

Billie Piper makes a fun visit to late night TV at around the time that her departure from DW was an open secret . . .

Friday, December 22 2006 @ 11:58 AM EST

John Barrowman in a screamingly funny bit on Jonathan Ross. But beware: like Torchwood, it's not for kids . . .

Part Two

Part Three

Friday, December 29 2006 @ 08:01 PM EST
    Here's a not-particularly-Doctor-Who-related interview that's particularly appropriate for this Christmas' BBC viewing. The Vicar of Dibley (Dawn French) interviews "The Runaway Bride" (Catherine Tate) in BBC4's Girls Who Do: Comedy:

Partt One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Friday, December 29 2006 @ 08:41 PM EST
    Catherine Tate's appearance on the same episode of Friday Night with Jonathan Ross on which Billie Piper was interviewed, above.
    Part One

Part Two

Friday, December 29 2006 @ 08:54 PM EST
    What a great idea.

Perhaps our leaders could improve on it a little by giving you (and anyone else who wants to do it) an area in the site as a permanent fixture providing copyright allows

Forget the shooty dog thing!

Friday, December 29 2006 @ 09:10 PM EST
    This video's a bit outside the "normal" range of things on this thread. Generally, this thread is about the appearances of Doctor Who personalities on mainstream media outlets. However this non-professional interview with writer Paul Cornell was interesting enough to make the cut. It's sort of a "prequel" for a later full-length release. Done by the North Wales Doctor Who Group in November 2006, it's a rare (at least from a North American perspective) glimpse at a fairly important Doctor Who writer.

Fair Warning
    Bit of a spoiler for series three, though, so if you don't want to know anything about what's coming, turn off when the end credits start to roll. Also, slightly spoiler-ish on the Big Finish range, and if you're an X-Men comic fan.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored