The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Tardis Standee
    Tardis Standee
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Doctor Who Chatter »  Who's in the media
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Who's in the media Views: 3354
     Wednesday, March 28 2007 @ 07:40 PM EDT
    Here's a slightly pre-Series 1 piece (March 2005) about a group of memorabilia collectors who auction their stuff off for charity.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Wednesday, March 28 2007 @ 07:49 PM EDT
    Returning to Series 3 coverage, Freema on BBC Breakfast

WARNING:
    There are extended video clips from episode 1, and Freema may have inadvertently let slip a fairly big spoiler about the episode.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Friday, April 27 2007 @ 07:01 PM EDT
    Here's the full appearance of David Tennant on The Graham Norton Show on the last week of March. Very funny but there is a bit of strong language, and there are some very minor spoilers which have already appeared in the mainstream press.

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 6 (Yeah, 6. Can't find Part 5, which kinda sucks)

Friday, April 27 2007 @ 09:01 PM EDT

I'm of two minds on YouTube posts embeded in threads in forums, but this page is becoming a bear to load. Would it make sense to post these in individual threads in the future? Or post links to the source?

This is a question/suggestion, not a policy declaration...

Taras

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Friday, April 27 2007 @ 10:13 PM EDT
    Really? Wow, I had no idea. It's loading no more slowly on my machine than any other page, which is to say about a second. The idea was to give a one-stop, easy-to-find marketplace of stuff so that people didn't have to search through a lot of other stuff, nor click away from gallifreyanembassy.org, nor deal with the sometimes quite slow loading times on youtube.com pages.

So maybe a good compromise would be to create a whole forum area for this kind of material to separate it out from "General Doctor Who Chatter". Then, threads could be included by topic of the media, and it all would be in one discreet, easily-locatable area.

Friday, April 27 2007 @ 11:12 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  DarthSkeptical] Really? Wow, I had no idea. It's loading no more slowly on my machine than any other page, which is to say about a second. The idea was to give a one-stop, easy-to-find marketplace of stuff so that people didn't have to search through a lot of other stuff, nor click away from gallifreyanembassy.org, nor deal with the sometimes quite slow loading times on youtube.com pages.

So maybe a good compromise would be to create a whole forum area for this kind of material to separate it out from "General Doctor Who Chatter". Then, threads could be included by topic of the media, and it all would be in one discreet, easily-locatable area.

Different browsers deal with these plugins differently.

Also, I don't know about the legal ramifications of "hosting" material whose rights status is dubious or unknown. For example, we wouldn't post a video of the latest Doctor Who episode in the forums here. Let's say ITV objects to some of its material on YouTube. What is the liability of those embedding the video? I do not know, but do we want to put the Gallifreyan Embassy in that position where there may be a financial or criminal liability?

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Saturday, April 28 2007 @ 06:46 AM EDT
    All very good points.

Certainly we wouldn't want to cross any legal lines. On the other hand, we've been regularly imbedding YouTube files on the forum for a while, and this thread in particular has been up since December. I haven't seen much in the way of what would be outright posting of much more than peripheral or ephemeral material from which there would be no significant loss of revenue to the creative parties involved. The explicit purpose of this thread in particular was to highlight material for non-British viewers that stood next to no chance of ever becoming commercially available outside the UK.

But certainly I'm no legal expert. I've just been going under the assumption that if it were really objectionable, the relevant parties would cut it off at the source--YouTube.

Sounds like something Louis might want to weigh in on.

Monday, July 23 2007 @ 08:16 PM EDT
    Here are some fascinating text interviews with Steven Moffat that you may have missed over the years, particularly if you're an American fan:

First up is a short 2001 interview about his participation with Comic Relief. It naturally focuses on his script for "The Curse of Fatal Death".

Next is a well in-depth interview from 2004 which stresses his career as a comedy writer.

Here's one from the New Jersey Star-Ledger, in which concisely sums up why the American version of Coupling failed. The core of this interview was shared by a number of different outlets across America. It has become "news" again by virtue of Moffat being asked the question at the Television Critics of America press launch of Jekyll.

Here's a Radio Times interview about the debut of "The Girl in the Fireplace".

And here's the one for "Blink".

For completeness is one from last week, which has probably already been posted to the forum. It's the SciFi Channel interview in which he touches on the possibility of taking over from RTD.

Tuesday, July 31 2007 @ 01:20 AM EDT
    Here's a coupla priceless advertisements:
    David Tennant shops for Christmas:

TIme Lord Wheetabix

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored