The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Kill The Moon? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Kill The Moon' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 5th

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Up Close in Manchester
    Up Close in Manchester
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Doctor Who Chatter »  ** Major SPOILER ** Series Three casting
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    ** Major SPOILER ** Series Three casting Views: 4456
     Tuesday, February 13 2007 @ 07:42 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  actorguy]
    You will be tomorrow, won'tcha?

Pat

As Taras said, the last time I heard the forecast (last night or early this morning), they were just predicting freezing rain for the Island. But even if we did get a blizzard, I doubt very much I would fortunate enough to get a "snow day" as the agency where I work is having a fundraiser event this weekend (hence the reason I can't be at Gallifrey 2007 this year) and we are all shuffling to get everything done by it since we are running behind as it is now.

Now I have completely sidetracked this thread as this has nothing to do with John Simm being cast.

Sorry...

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, February 13 2007 @ 08:37 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    [Quote  by:  actorguy]
    You will be tomorrow, won'tcha?

Pat

As Taras said, the last time I heard the forecast (last night or early this morning), they were just predicting freezing rain for the Island. But even if we did get a blizzard, I doubt very much I would fortunate enough to get a "snow day" as the agency where I work is having a fundraiser event this weekend (hence the reason I can't be at Gallifrey 2007 this year) and we are all shuffling to get everything done by it since we are running behind as it is now.

Now I have completely sidetracked this thread as this has nothing to do with John Simm being cast.

Sorry...

Cheers,
    Louis

You're the landlord, as it were, so you have every right. I was hoping to go to Gallifrey One for the first time this year, but the role I'm currently playing is a bit bigger than I thought, so I have no understudy. I'm helping plan 2008, though, so if I get my wish, I won't be in the first show of the year and I will definitely try to save up for the trip. We can be roomies, Louis! You don't snore, do ya? Razz

Pat

"Don't play as if you've swallowed the metronome!" -- Nadia Boulanger

Wednesday, February 14 2007 @ 12:18 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  actorguy] You don't snore, do ya?

Have you ever known anybody who ever admits to snoring? Everybody denies it! [another tangent for this thread]

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Wednesday, February 14 2007 @ 12:55 AM EST

Yeah, I think I am going to make plans for next year as soon as the date is announced...

Snoring? Hmm... I am not sure to be honest. No one has ever complained if I do. But since I can't say for sure, I won't say at all.

Cheers,
    Louis

Wednesday, February 14 2007 @ 11:18 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Sorry...
    Cheers,
    Louis

Well getting back on track - or possibly more FUD (is that the right term?)

Here is a 'cut & paste from Digital Spy - that is a cut and paste from another Forum (you get the idea) so as to it's authenticity (spelling?) I don't know:-

'Hello everyone

Thought it might be helpful if I had a quick chat with the interviewer who wrote Sunday's interview with John Simm and ask her the direct question - did he actually say he had been cast as The Master?

It turns out (like I thought) that the interview took place more than a month ago (before The Sun report - there's usually a fairly long lead time given to these features). It was only in the week or so leading up to going to print that she received a call from his publicist.

John has recently changed publicists and this was the old one who had set up the interview. She threw in the tidbit that he had been cast as The Master because she thought it would help spice up the piece. The interviewer reported it as straight fact as she was given it (explains why no quotes and why the editor felt confident enough to refer to it in the introduction - a personal publicist is felt to be a reliable source of information).

She says she had no idea it would kick up such a fuss and she thinks the publicist is now regretting the slip - I got the impression she has heard that the poor girl has since been told off (by the BBC?).

In any case, she doesn't want to be dragged into anything more about it. I think she feels it was something that shouldn't really have slipped out. If any of you fancy passing this info on, please keep her name out of it.

Bottom line - The Independent were categorically told he had been cast by someone who was in a position to know. Simm's posturing on the Radio 6 interview is, to my mind, an attempt at post-leak damage control.

Mark'

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Wednesday, February 14 2007 @ 12:01 PM EST
    So... maybe not a spoiler? or maybe just PR spin?

Here's a question: shouldn't they be about done filming the third series at this point? I believe they were completed with series 2 by this point last year. I bring it up b/c if John S was to be the Master, it should have filmed by now and one would assume that perhaps his schedule could have been checked to see if he was in Wales in the last few months... or whatever.

To Pat and Taras and others in the path of the blizzard: totally jealous here in Minnesota! We've had a total of 5 inches of snow, they are cancelling dog-sledding and ski races left and right b/c of the lack of snow. No snow and we still have had two plus weeks at -15 below (-27 Celcius for the rest of the world). It's just not fair.... enjoy your snow!

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, February 14 2007 @ 12:33 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] So... maybe not a spoiler? or maybe just PR spin?

More FUD?
    EDIT - from The Sun

here

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Wednesday, February 14 2007 @ 04:22 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  daveac]
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] So... maybe not a spoiler? or maybe just PR spin?

More FUD?
    EDIT - from The Sun

here

Cheers, daveac

I now have proof that The Sun is NOT a newspaper: My company restricts access to it because it contains inappropriate content! But I can access other tabloids.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, February 14 2007 @ 04:27 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] I now have proof that The Sun is NOT a newspaper: My company restricts access to it because it contains inappropriate content! But I can access other tabloids.

They are just trying to protect you from spoilers! Twisted Evil

Thursday, February 15 2007 @ 02:41 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid] I now have proof that The Sun is NOT a newspaper: My company restricts access to it because it contains inappropriate content! But I can access other tabloids.

They are just trying to protect you from spoilers! Twisted Evil

THEY aren't that nice... more Big Brother than benevolent paternal figure.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, February 23 2007 @ 09:14 PM EST
    Hiya everyone-
    This is my first posting!
    I have to say that this Master arc, if true, holds glorious potential to delve into my favorite DW territory- the Doctor's past and Gallifrey. The Master being around in this more poignant incarnation of Who could give us insight into their youth and friendship on Gallifrey. Anyone hear the BF audio where Doctor 7 tries to save his old friend from the cycle of evil he's in and it's apparently the Doctor's fault?

"Please do not throw hands at me." - D84
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, February 23 2007 @ 09:32 PM EST
    And furthermore how will the revelation of another Timelord change their relationship and maybe the series. Gallifrey and the Timelords are just too huge to arbitrarily wipe out of Who history- I hold out hope that RTD has just pushed them aside until the Doctor is better established with newer audiences.
    God Bless.

"Please do not throw hands at me." - D84
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, February 24 2007 @ 02:00 PM EST

Digital Spy | The cast of LIFE ON MARS are on Soccer AM

"They just confirmed John Simm was away shooting DOCTOR WHO as THE MASTER"

Saturday, February 24 2007 @ 02:44 PM EST

No gentle way to say it. Here is my theory ( Highlight only if you want to have the roumor mill started at full steam ) Wink

SPOILER-
    I believe they have cast our John Simm as Doctor #11 and all the press hype/leaks are just to distract us from looking in the right direction. But who knows, it could all be a brilliant hype just to fill the DW forums with usless pointless speculation. Anything the BBC says is suspect at this point as you all know.

Cheers,
    Mike M.

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Saturday, February 24 2007 @ 03:38 PM EST

That's an interesting theory Mike M. Hmm.... It could go down that way.

Cheers,
    Louis

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic