The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 312 - 'The Caretaker' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Caretaker? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'The Caretaker' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 28th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 311 - 'Time Heist' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Time Heist' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 21st
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Time Heist? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 310 - 'Listen' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Nicholas Pegg at Who at the Cavern II
    Nicholas Pegg at Who at the Cavern II
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Doctor Who Chatter »  Tin Dog Podcast
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Tin Dog Podcast Views: 19324
     Wednesday, November 28 2007 @ 04:25 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Fairport] Perfect promo!!!!! I give it 5 tardis groans.

Cheers. praise indeed!

Guest Host on the WHOCAST
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, November 29 2007 @ 10:32 AM EST
    VERY short show this week because

I have a cold...

Click here to hear it before it goes live">

Wednesday, December 05 2007 @ 11:00 AM EST
    Sorry to anyone who thought i may be stopping doing the podcast.

I was having a bad day and was a bit fed up with doctor who (!?)

I am not going any where. I may have a few weeks off in the new year to allow me to get on with work on my novel. but that will be all.

i have to sell quite a lot of my collection with xmas coming. Big finish stuff etc.

heres a link to the listings on ebay.

here

Friday, December 07 2007 @ 05:34 AM EST
    my 100th Post! and its a new show!

Click here to listen

Thursday, December 13 2007 @ 10:54 AM EST

Due to the presures of Xmas I wont be able to do a tin dog podcast this week - installing new washing machine etc... v dull but you know how these things are.

hope you dont mind

HOWEVER

If I can make it I will be joining in with the Live Podshock.

be seeing you.

Thursday, December 20 2007 @ 08:32 AM EST
    Pre - Christmas show!

Some thoughts on next weeks special and a tribute to Verity Lambert.

THERE will be a show next week.

Future shows on New Torchwood and SJS Adventures.

But who will host the Torchwood Eps of Tin dog. Do you want me OR Tobias Lumic (See Listen to 2 of TDP!) Email me with your thoughts of just put them here.

Click here to hear this weeks show

Monday, December 31 2007 @ 09:49 AM EST
    Click here to hear

Voyage of the damned show...

Monday, January 07 2008 @ 06:37 AM EST
    2 questions and id love your feedback.

1) who (on my show should review Torchwood. Me or Tobias Lumic.

so far the votes are 3 for Tobias and 4 for Me.

2) MUCH more important.

I have been thinking of ONLY reviewing the classic series as its a hole in the podcast market and i am worried that my apparent disillusions with the new show may rub off or alienate people.

what are your thoughts.

come on guys need your help

here or email me

tin-dog@hotmail.co.uk

Monday, January 07 2008 @ 09:19 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Tin Dog Podcast]

I have been thinking of ONLY reviewing the classic series as its a hole in the podcast market and i am worried that my apparent disillusions with the new show may rub off or alienate people.

what are your thoughts.
    tin-dog@hotmail.co.uk

No - not with the 4th Series due to start soon.

In fact if you listen to yesterdays CIA podcast we rally round the issue of being a 'Fan'

If you are judging on VOTD - then I think Christmas specials are different from proper series episodes - one reason why I'd be happy for them to be dropped.

So - from me at least - keep doing new Who.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Monday, January 07 2008 @ 07:05 PM EST
    I disagreed with your opinion, but LOVED the passion and the way you defended it. I sought out these shows (Yours, Podshock, CIA, etc.) because I wanted to hearing differing opinions. I'm kinda isolated in terms of Doctor Who and I count on you guys to provide me with opinions that exist outside my own head. (There are a lot of voices in there, but they seem to share the same opinions on TV.) I was just listening to the Love and Monsters review on Podshock today and Louis' emphatic thoughts made that show, just like Dave and you made the VOTD discussion more lively. So please don't pigeon hole yourself, discuss everything.

And you can put me down as your fifth vote to review Torchwood. Smile

Doogie448

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, January 07 2008 @ 08:57 PM EST
    Michael, I respect and enjoy hearing your opinion far too much. Personally, I want to hear you do podcasts on all aspects of Doctor Who, old and new. I enjoyed your VotD review immensely! It was great. If you stop reviewing the new series, all I'm gonna do is bug you incessantly on myspace and the forum until you tell me your thoughts on each episode. You're in my top 8, so it'll be easy to click over to your page. Big Grin

Tuesday, January 08 2008 @ 04:26 AM EST
    Ok....
    sorry..
    lol

ill keep going. As I am. probably with a bigger slant on the classic show. - now with added Whomix!

you are right. Opinion is what the net is for. I am one person who didnt like something. Well. 15 million people did like it so I am happy that I will have no effect on anything.

Smile

Hell. When I write Doctor Who stuff I will be ready for people not love hate or even not care.

thanks for the support. really means a lot to me.

New show later today

Click here to listen to the new theme tine as used in Voyage of the Damned

Tuesday, January 08 2008 @ 05:13 AM EST

This weeks show is a review of the new Box set of classic stories.

Click here to hear!

TDP 37: Beneath the Surface Silurians, Sea Devils and Warriors of the Deep. Oh My!

Doctor Who And The Silurians: Summoned by the Brigadier to an underground research centre at Wenley Moor, the Doctor and Liz Shaw learn from its director, Dr Lawrence, that work on a new type of nuclear reactor is being hampered by inexplicable power losses and by an unusually high incidence of stress-related illness amongst staff. Investigating a nearby cave system, the Doctor discovers it is the base of a group of intelligent reptiles, termed Silurians, who went into hibernation millions of years ago but have now been revived by power from the research centre. The Doctor strives for peace between reptiles and humans and manages to gain the trust of the old Silurian leader, but then a rebellious young Silurian seizes power and releases a deadly virus that threatens to wipe out humanity. The Doctor finds an antidote, but the Silurians retaliate by taking over the research centre and preparing to destroy the Van Allen Belt, a natural barrier shielding the Earth from solar radiation harmful to humans but beneficial to reptiles...

The Sea Devils: The Doctor and Jo visit the Master in his high-security prison on an island off the south coast of England and hear from the governor, Colonel Trenchard, that ships have been mysteriously disappearing at sea. Investigating, the Doctor learns from Captain Hart, commander of a nearby Naval base, that the sinkings have centred around an abandoned sea fort. He and Jo then visit the fort and are attacked by what one of the men there terms a Sea Devil - an amphibious breed of the prehistoric creatures encountered by the Doctor shortly after his exile to Earth.
    The Master, aided by a misguided Trenchard, is stealing equipment from the Naval base in order to build a machine to revive the Sea Devils from hibernation. The Doctor takes a diving bell down to the Sea Devils' underwater base to try to encourage peace...

Warriors Of The Deep: The Doctor, Tegan and Turlough arrive at an underwater Sea Base on Earth, where a scientific and military team led by Commander Vorshak are monitoring a rival power bloc. The team undergo regular missile launch test sequences to ensure that they are ready at all times to combat an attack. Three Silurians led by Icthar - the surviving member of a Silurian triad - revive a colony of Sea Devil Warriors in order to invade the base and use its weapons to attack the opposing power bloc, thus provoking a global war that will allow the reptiles to conquer the Earth...

Special Features

* Three Commentaries
    * Isolated Music
    * Photo Galleries
    * Subtitles
    * Subtitle Production Notes
    * Radio Times billings
    * Trailers
    * "Making Of" Documentaries
    * Special Effects
    * Music
    * Location / Restoration featurettesherehere

Tuesday, January 08 2008 @ 08:58 AM EST

Another vote for you (Tin-Dog that is) doing Torchwood, and by all means please cary on with ALL of Who. As I believe I heard our estemed collegue Dave C. saying recently "High viewing figures does not place a show above criticism" Amen Dave and thats why we need the moderate view that gives an honest apraisal of the story in context. Sorry for the run on sentence but the truth is in there Wink. Carry on dear podcaster, carry on.

Cheers,
    Mike

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Tuesday, January 08 2008 @ 10:42 AM EST
    It looks like I... me... Michael...The real Tin Dog...

will be doing all of Torchwood Reviews (but Tobias may come back for a season overview... I owe it to him) oddly we have (almost) the same views on the show.

thanks for all the feedback

I have had SOOOO many emails about possibly giving up reviewing New Who that it has suprided me how much people want to hear what I have to say on the subject.

I have no words for this... Just thanks

oh look a new banner

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic