The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'In the Forest of the Night' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 26
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 315 - 'Flatline' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Flatline? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Flatline' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 19th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 314 - 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Reviewed
  • Music Video of 'Don't Stop Me Now' Performed by Foxes from Doctor Who 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Mummy on the Orient Express' Scheduled for Sunday, Oct 12th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 313 - 'Kill the Moon' Reviewed
  • The Curse Of The Black Tooth - Spoilers!

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Nicola Bryant at Who in the Cavern 3
    Nicola Bryant at Who in the Cavern 3
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Doctor Who Chatter »  Gallifrey 2008 Updates
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Gallifrey 2008 Updates Views: 3451
     Thursday, February 14 2008 @ 10:48 PM EST

It's the eve of the Gallifrey 2008 convention... The hotel is a buzz of activity that for the casual visitor here may seem a bit odd. People toting long scarves and pieces of Daleks are the norm...

I've met up with Pam (ExtermaKnitter here in our forums) and Lanaia.

I am still running on NY time... so I guess jet lag applies... I am bit tired and spent already. Not to mention the 6 hour flight here does a number on you too. Because of the time on hand and how LA is laid out and the traffic conditions here, I didn't do what I had set out to do today. Oh well.

Perhaps I can sneak out and see a little of LA prior to the convention festivities tomorrow, I don't know.

There's open party here in one of the guest rooms tonight in which we were invited to... perhaps I will check it out.

Not too much too much more to report. I will update this thread over the course of the convention. These will be informal updates. With more substantial updates appearing on the home page as news.

Hmm.. perhaps a new category should be created for conventions.

I hope to see you those of you who are here for the show over the weekend.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 01:28 AM EST

We are the Champions!
    While dropping into the Champions restaurant at the hotel, I met up with Joan (known as Constant Irritant here on the forums) as well as seeing Pam (Extermaknitter) and Lanaia again... along with someone new who unfortunately I can not recall her name at the moment.

Also spotted at the hotel were Steven Moffat and Paul Cornell.

Well... it's late (it is 1:26 AM EST as I type this even though it is only 10:26 PM PST here at Gallifrey 2008). Ken should be arriving at the hotel shortly I would imagine.. perhaps in the next hour. If I am still conscious at the time, I will greet him.

I haven't seen Mike yet, but I am sure I will tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 03:46 AM EST
    So I'm guessing that my hopes of there being "free" wireless access at the hotel has been answered. Excellent. I can't wait to meet everybody tomorrow.

-Jay

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 04:51 AM EST

I just got back from welcoming Ken in from his flight over. Ken along with a Podshock listener and friend Billy arrived at the hotel around 1 AM PST...

Though for us... it is actually almost 5 AM since we are still working on EST.

Well... I think that will be all the meet ups for today.

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 04:54 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Fairport] So I'm guessing that my hopes of there being "free" wireless access at the hotel has been answered. Excellent. I can't wait to meet everybody tomorrow.

-Jay

Hi Jay!

There is Wi-Fi here at the hotel, but it is not free. It will set you back $13 a day to use it. Same goes with wired internet as well in the rooms.

I still haven't been down to the convention rooms... where I am told that the Wi-Fi is limited at best. But we will see tomorrow.

Be sure to say hi.

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 06:53 AM EST
    STOP updating us and GO have a nice time!

enjoy yourselves!

Smile

Guest Host on the WHOCAST

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 11:28 AM EST
    Woohoo! I'm packed and ready to make the dreadful Friday morning drive up I-405! Keeping my fingers crossed that I make it there before 11am.

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 11:48 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Fairport] Woohoo! I'm packed and ready to make the dreadful Friday morning drive up I-405! Keeping my fingers crossed that I make it there before 11am.

Don't fret... (although you probably left already and by the time you read this message, will be after the fact), I don't think any of the main programming begins before noon today.

Cheers,
    Louis

Friday, February 15 2008 @ 12:29 PM EST
    Well, I guess I'll just mope around the house being jealous for the next couple of days. Which will be tricky, considering my wife has the flu meaning I'll be wrangling kids by myself...

http://thatneilguy.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 16 2008 @ 06:37 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Tin Dog Podcast] STOP updating us and GO have a nice time!

enjoy yourselves!

Smile

That's what pretty much happened on Friday. We were so busy once things started and the con was under way that I didn't have a moment to post any further updates.

I came up to my room to unwind a bit this evening before I was going to return back to regroup with Mike and company at the pub... I zonked out for a couple hours, woke up and now can't fall back to sleep. It's also too late to try to regroup at the pub as it closed now and I assume everyone has returned to their rooms.

Everything went smoothly on Friday and Gallifrey 2008 is in full swing now. The con has already broke all previous attendance records and it is only Friday.

Let's see... we met up with so many other listeners today such as Jay (Fairport), Silvanthalas, David of DWNY (along with other fine folks from DWNY), Wendy, Bill of the Time Meddlers, and of course Mike D... I can't really list them all here. Thanks to you all and you all know who you are...

Once again, If you are attending, be sure to say hi.

Kudos to the organizers and all the volunteers making this convention possible. It is a massive undertaking and due to all their efforts it has been an enjoyable experience for all attending.

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, February 16 2008 @ 07:10 AM EST
    So - did James make it from over the pond?

I'm not up to date with my Podshocks so I don't know if this has already been mentioned Oops!

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, February 16 2008 @ 07:21 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  capricorn1] So - did James make it from over the pond?

I'm not up to date with my Podshocks so I don't know if this has already been mentioned Oops!

Unfortunately, James could not make it here this year. We are hoping he will be here next year. Everyone has been asking for him. We miss you James!.

Cheers,
    Louis

Saturday, February 16 2008 @ 08:10 AM EST
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

Everything went smoothly on Friday and Gallifrey 2008 is in full swing now. The con has already broke all previous attendance records and it is only Friday.

Cheers,
    Louis

Sounds great Louis - but only post if you have 'spare' time - don't miss the enjoyment to keep us informed.

Hope that new gadget of yours is doing the business!

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Saturday, February 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM EST
    Greets from my hotel room and I get ready to head back over to the Marriott this morning. Mr. Green

I had a great time yesterday chatting with Louis, Ken, and Doctor Whoovie. I ended up hanging out for awhile with Ken's friend Billy, and then spent quite a bit of time late last night chatting away with Mike D. and others.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, February 16 2008 @ 01:00 PM EST
    Have you seen any weridos dressed in Doctor Who gear, yet? Wink

Please check out my blog, as I attempt to watch and review EVERY Doctor Who episode! http://journeythroughtimeandspace.blogspot.com/

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored