The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Misc Figurines
    Misc Figurines
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  General Doctor Who Chatter »  In Moffat We Trust - the new cry
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    In Moffat We Trust - the new cry Views: 3735
     Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 11:29 AM EDT

Looks like it's Steven Moffat to take over from RTD

Digital Spy:-
    EDIT:
    'The MediaGuardian website has announced that Steven Moffat is to succeed Russell T Davies as the chief writer and executive producer of Doctor Who.'

here

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 11:46 AM EDT
    Great news, possibly the only man to take over tbh. Hopefully he'll make my next Doctor casting tip to come true, as well!

Please check out my blog, as I attempt to watch and review EVERY Doctor Who episode! http://journeythroughtimeandspace.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 12:12 PM EDT
    nice one. shame the news came out now. its kind of going to mess with the end of the series.

its defiantly a poisoned chalice of a job though...

the job really needs a marketing magician as well as a writer and that was JNT as well as RTD.. my god.. does he even have a middle initial??? we cant have an initial less producer... S"T"M? it needs a "T"

maybe thats what Russel can pass on to the next producer... his fictional "T".

Somewhere the tea is getting cold
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM EDT

Best. News. EVER. HALLELUJAH!

This already makes the wait for the full 13-episode return of the series in 2010 even more painful - and we've still yet to finish Series 4! I cannot wait to see where Steven takes us, since we all know it's going to be off-Earth much more often than we've grown newly accustomed to.

Congrats Steven! Best of luck - but you don't need it! The show could not be transitioning into better hands - cheers, my good sir. Mr. Green

Human Biological Metacrisis = Bite Me, RTD.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM EDT
    Really good news! Season 5 could prove to be the best season yet.

I'm also glad that it's going to someone with such a good sense of humor.

From the BBC website (and Outpost Gallifrey):

"My entire career has been a Secret Plan to get this job," said Steven Moffat. "I applied before but I got knocked back cos the BBC wanted someone else. Also I was seven. Anyway, I'm glad the BBC has finally seen the light, and it's a huge honour to be following Russell into the best - and the toughest - job in television. I say "toughest" cos Russell's at my window right now, pointing and laughing."

I just hope his horror style doesn't become repetitive.

"You would make a good Dalek."

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 12:48 PM EDT
    exciting news, yes.

"There comes a time, Timelord, when every lonely little boy must learn how to dance"

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 01:05 PM EDT

spoilerI was all but sure that this was the case ever since I heard RTD state that Moffat suggested that Jenny not be killed at the end of The Doctor's Daughter./spoiler My suspisions were that the only reason he would make such a suggestion, or even be in a position to make such a suggestion, was if he was being groomed for the job, or was already preparing for it.

I will absolutely love to see where Moffat takes Doctor Who, but I would still like to see one or two scripts per series from RTD. WIthout the pressure of being the "show runner" and with proper script editing, we can still be graced with great stories. That is, unless RTD wants to move on to other challenges. He is most responsible for the success that Doctor Who enjoys currently.

Also, now the "gap year" makes even more sense, to get the new executive producers a chance to hit the ground running.

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 01:38 PM EDT
    I'm definitely excited to hear this, but will also be very sad to see RTD go. He is the one to thank for there even being a new series for us to watch.

That said, I think it's time for some fresh ideas at the top and who could be better for that than Mr Moffat.

Lets hope the Doctor finally gets to leave South London or at least present day Earth for more than one adventure at a time Smile

Anyway, we still have 18 months of RTD which is no bad thing.

If half the art of survival is running away, the other half is knowing when to keep a straight face.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 01:38 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Will-I-Am] ... I cannot wait to see where Steven takes us, since we all know it's going to be off-Earth much more often than we've grown newly accustomed to.

We can only hope that he is not as Earth-centric with the series.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 01:49 PM EDT

We can always get a return to the sewers of Terserus! Hopefully, this will coincide with the introduction of smell-o-vision! Razz

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 01:54 PM EDT
    Excellent news.
    Personally I hope that we have more scary who. For me the best of the new series so far has been episodes such as Blink and the Empty Child.
    Darned good new, I'd say. But will the start of his tenure coincide with a new Doctor?

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 02:33 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Idiom] But will the start of his tenure coincide with a new Doctor?

I'm thinking so. All rumor-ish signs point to David leaving @ 'X-mas '09 right now. His "commitment" ends there. It might not happen, and I'd love to see both Tennant's brilliance and Moffat's together for a full 13-week run - but a regeneration makes sense, transitioning the new regime changeover in 2010 even moreso. We shall see...

Human Biological Metacrisis = Bite Me, RTD.
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 02:57 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Will-I-Am]
    [Quote  by:  Idiom] But will the start of his tenure coincide with a new Doctor?

I'm thinking so. All rumor-ish signs point to David leaving @ 'X-mas '09 right now. His "commitment" ends there. It might not happen, and I'd love to see both Tennant's brilliance and Moffat's together for a full 13-week run - but a regeneration makes sense, transitioning the new regime changeover in 2010 even moreso. We shall see...

And the Ood did mention something about his song ending soon.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 03:14 PM EDT

We could also see the ramp-up to HD at the same time - and since RTD has already said that the TARDIS isn't built to a standard good enough for HD and that DT has already broken half the controls - we could have a re-designed TARDIS control room.

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Tuesday, May 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM EDT
    All hail Moffat! This is very good news indeed! Smile

Did you say "74,384,338 to 1 against"? That's my lucky number!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored