The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Caretaker? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'The Caretaker' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 28th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 311 - 'Time Heist' Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Time Heist' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 21st
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Time Heist? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 310 - 'Listen' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Listen' Scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14th
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 309 - 'Robot of Sherwood' Reviewed
  • Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood Seen in 'Robot of Sherwood'

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    David Banks(Cyber leader) at DWCA March 08
    David Banks(Cyber leader) at DWCA March 08
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The Paul McGann Era »  New 8th Doctor adventures on BBC7
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    New 8th Doctor adventures on BBC7 Views: 3238
     Friday, February 09 2007 @ 05:23 PM EST

How to save/record/capture streaming video and audio (Windows Media, RealMedia, RealVideo, RealAudio, QuickTime, Shoutcast)

Streaming media FAQ

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Friday, February 09 2007 @ 05:47 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  tarashnat]
    How to save/record/capture streaming video and audio (Windows Media, RealMedia, RealVideo, RealAudio, QuickTime, Shoutcast)

Streaming media FAQ

Bless your heart! Thanks so much!!

Constant Irritant

"There's room for one more..."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, February 13 2007 @ 09:38 PM EST
    Wait to get them on CD?

I'm burning episode 7 onto CD right now!

I have a connection in Australia who's recorded them then uploads them on a site (MEGAUPLOAD) as mp3s. Then I dl them then burn them!

I for one love them, I admit Lucy Miller got on my nerves in the beginning. But I really like her now. And McGann as always is fantastic.

Speaking of "fantastic" was Lucy, who's from the north, be a nod to Eccleston's Doctor. Perhaps it was her interaction with him that influenced his future regeneration, perhaps?

Lots of planets have a north!

-cs

http://twitter.com/Smittmaestro
      Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, February 22 2007 @ 05:05 AM EST
    Well, now they're all done and dusted, I want to say how much I enjoyed the series as a whole. I think it definitely benefited (sp?) from the fifty minute format. Some of Big Finish's wordier tendencies were definitely kept on a short leash.

It felt very much like the new TV series, complete with two part epics against old foes, comedy episodes (Glam Rock) and slighty winsome Girl in Fireplace type stuff (No More Lies, and that one set in Greece) and I noticed on the forums at Galifrey One that people would often write "I just saw it" or "I can't wait to see it" which was understandable because it had very visual quality.

I'm now seriously considering Paul McGann as my favourite doctor, except that when I say that I guess people will think I'm just trying to be contrary for the sake of it. I was in the pub the other evening and we were talking about Dr Who. I mentioned I liked Paul McGann, and the other guy just pulled a face.

Fantastic stuff.

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, February 22 2007 @ 10:52 AM EST

I feel that this has been the best run of scripts we have seen for Paul McGann's Doctor since he started with Big Finish. Sure, there have been better individual stories, but as a continuous run of stories, they were all at a high level. I for one hope this collaboration with BBC7 and Big Finish continues. I think the personnel changes at Big Finish may have allowed them to reevaluate what and how they were doing and make certain changes that have so far seemed to reap dividends. Hopefully, with time, we will see this trend continue.

Taras

Thursday, February 22 2007 @ 04:10 PM EST
    I'm trying to picture what Lucie Miller looks like, now I'm not going to be lazy and say she looks like actress Sheridan "Shez" Smith who voices her!

Though I won't be upset if she did mind you, I'm just saying I want to think outside the police box. Big Grin

-cs

Profile    PM    Email   

Thursday, February 22 2007 @ 04:16 PM EST

You could be even lazier and look at the CD covers on the Big Finish's BBC7 Eighth Doctor Product Zone for the CD release covers...

Thursday, February 22 2007 @ 06:01 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  Smitty] I'm trying to picture what Lucie Miller looks like, now I'm not going to be lazy and say she looks like actress Sheridan "Shez" Smith who voices her!

Though I won't be upset if she did mind you, I'm just saying I want to think outside the police box. Big Grin

-cs

But I will be lazy...

Mr. Green

Cheers,
    Louis

P.S. - Really though, it is radio, you can imagine her to appear any way you like.

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Thursday, February 22 2007 @ 07:53 PM EST
    See, I think she does look like Sheridan Smith (cause I still hold some insane hope that she will appear, somehow, in televised Doctor Who), but at her rather most glam. Since she was snatched from and returned to her first day of a new job, I rather imagine her with an ber-professional look for four of the eight stories.

Plus, it just amuses me to think about a Lucie-sized amount of sass coming out of someone who looks like this:

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Thursday, February 22 2007 @ 09:00 PM EST
    Verry nice-a!

-cs

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, March 17 2007 @ 07:40 PM EDT
    I just finished listening to all of these. This was my introduction to Big Finish audios, and I have to say that I am hooked! I thought this series was wonderful - very well scripted and acted, and I have to admit that McGann's in the lead for my favorite Doctor as well. I commute almost two hours every day, so these were a great way to pass that time - in fact, more than once I was annoyed that the drive was over, because I wanted to hear the end of whatever episode I was on!

I thought Lucie was a great companion, and I hope that they do more with her in the future. She and Eight played wonderfully off each other, I thought.

I've now started to go back and "acquire" some of the older Big Finish stuff. I'm not liking Charley quite as much as Lucie, but maybe she'll grow on me.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, March 18 2007 @ 05:22 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Jeneral]I have to admit that McGann's in the lead for my favorite Doctor as well.

w00t! Another convert.

Have you heard "Chimes of Midnight" yet? Surely McGann's best.

(imho)

Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, March 19 2007 @ 09:26 PM EDT
    Haven't made it that far yet. Got through "Storm Warning" and "Sword of Orion" last week, then about half of "Invaders from Mars" when I realized I had skipped a few. Then there was a new Podshock to listen to. Big Grin

I'm excited to work through this series, although I tend to want to strangle Charley. I'm liking Lucie much better as a companion. McGann, I've decided, I could listen to read the phone book and I'd be happy. His voice is just silk over chocolate. Mr. Green

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, March 20 2007 @ 03:58 AM EDT
    Charley is, to me, a very "slow burn" kinda companion. That's somewhat by design, in that, like Lucie, she had a definite story arc. She suffers by comparison with Lucie principally in the fact that she's from an earlier age, and that the "problem" of her arrival in the TARDIS isn't quite so urgent as Lucie's. It takes a while for her to really assert herself, and even then she never approaches Lucie's level of sass.

A less charitable way of looking at this is to say that Big Finish took their sweet-ass time progressing Charley's character arc.

As she progressed through those first two seasons, her personality became more pronounced. By the time you hit "Neverland", I rather think you'll quite like her. And she's helped a lot, later on, by C'rizz. The Doctor/C'rizz/Charley combo is quite an interesting one, harkening back, I think, to the Second Doctor's three-person TARDIS crews. As I hear her, Charley ultimately becomes a kind of fusion of Victoria and Zo, refracted through a slightly Rose-colored lens.

But, yeah, Lucie rocks. She had me in five minutes, whereas it took me five stories before I started looking on Charley as anything much more than "competent". No offense to India, but Nick Briggs clearly made the right call in casting a new companion for the Radio 7 series.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." JNT, 1986

Tuesday, March 20 2007 @ 04:16 AM EDT
    By the way, Jeneral, I think it's awesome that the Radio 7 season was your introduction to BF audios. While I can think of other individual stories that would be equally good places for the radio virgin, I can't think of anywhere better than these eight stories. I kinda envy you that introduction, in the same way that I wonder what it would be like for my first televised adventure to have been "Rose". It's such a no-baggage place to begin.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored