The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 303 - 'The Invasion of Time' is Reviewed
  • Dozens of Doctor Who guests converge on Long Island this November!
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 302 - Terry Walsh Interviewed

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    5-11-96 TV Guide Article - page 1/2
    5-11-96 TV Guide Article - page 1/2
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The Christopher Eccleston Era »  Continuity Questions
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Continuity Questions Views: 3337
     Friday, August 04 2006 @ 01:37 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Magrathea] What about the Doc's Age?

"Please Refrain From Calling Me Doc!"

Sorry Doctor!

He said it was 900, which contridicts previous doctors!

We are guessing he has become a bit sensitive about his age, so he is rounding it down to 900ish...

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Friday, August 04 2006 @ 02:02 PM EDT
    I always thought Eccleston's Doc was a bit more HUMAN

"Now Brigadeer, have I ever led you astray?" "On many ocassions!" "Ah.. well... this will be the exception!"

Friday, August 04 2006 @ 07:26 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Doctor Whoovie] The fact that the Doctor appears solo in all the pictures does not eliminate this possibility (i.e these things happened in our past but the Doctor's future with respect to "Rose"), but significantly stretches the viewers Suspension of Disbelieve, as he and Rose appear inseparable for the most part. (Perhaps she had a couple of vacations with her mum during the series that we were not privy too).

Well, you never know. When he snuck off by himself during Aliens of London he might not have gone straight to where the alien was being kept. He might have gone off on a couple little adventures and returned to pick up where he left off. He could have left himself a little note "Don't forget to check out the alien and pick up Rose. London. 2005." Or maybe when he tried piloting the TARDIS to the base with the alien the TARDIS was a bit temperamental and took him to Dallas, Southampton, and finally to Sumatra before finally getting him back to London.

Big Grin

-L

"Regard this simple silver salt cellar. Regard this simple hat."

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, August 04 2006 @ 07:30 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Magpie] I don't think that there exists a single television show or movie which can withstand the intense scrutiny of the diehard fan.

Why does Spike call Angel his Sire when it was Drusilla who made him a vampire???

Oh sorry...wrong forum.

Wink

I'm going "Full Circle" and putting my avatar back to what it was when I first joined. :)
      Profile    PM    Email   

Friday, August 04 2006 @ 07:41 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis] So I feel it would have been a nice touch if somewhere within all the stuff that Clive had amassed and later on with L.I.N.D.A. that we saw perhaps one reference to an earlier incarnation of the Doctor in the collected material relating to this mysterious person known as "the Doctor" that they had been investigating.

Sorry for the multiple posts, especially in just a single thread. I've been away for a while.

They did actually have a subtle reference to the other Doctors in Rose. When Clive was explaining his theories to Rose he mentions that perhaps "Doctor" is a title passed on from father to son. This would seem to indicate that there is at least some evidence of more than one bloke popping up throughout history calling himself the Doctor.

Profile    PM    Email   

Sunday, August 06 2006 @ 11:57 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Linquel] When Clive was explaining his theories to Rose he mentions that perhaps "Doctor" is a title passed on from father to son. This would seem to indicate that there is at least some evidence of more than one bloke popping up throughout history calling himself the Doctor.

Yeah that's true and having watched it again this weekend he also says "That's your doctor there, isn't it?" indicating that he probably had other pictures but was only showing Rose the ones of the guy she would recognize.

If Worzel Gummidge and the Third Doctor had a fist fight - who would win?

Sunday, August 06 2006 @ 12:18 PM EDT
    Here's my newly minted theory on Dallas/Titanic etc.

8 fights in the time war, dies/regenerates because of/concurrently with the death of his home planet.

When he finishes the regeneration into 9, he's basically grief stricken and shell shocked and the first thing he does, without thinking rationally at all, is decide he's going to go back in history and change some things so that this time people won't have to die, to try to get "even" for being a part of wiping out his own race. He pops back to save a couple from the Titanic, he pops back to Sumatra, he goes to Dallas and there starts realizing what a big change it would make to stop Kennedy's assassination and that he musn't change history so he comes to his senses and begins falling back into normal operating mode. Which is when he gets a line on the Nestene Consciousness...

Submitted for your approval.

http://thatneilguy.blogspot.com

Monday, August 07 2006 @ 12:03 AM EDT
    Hm. 1st post even though I've been reading this Forum for like 4 months... :blush:

Anyway, the way I see it, after Rose turned the 9th down the 1st time and he left... he didn't come right back. That would explain why he seemed to see himself for the first time at Rose's place, but he was in all of Clive's pictures solo. I figure he went hopping around time a bit for fun, then decided he really did want that companion after all, and went back to try again with the whole "It travels in time" line. Smile

'They may shoot me dead, but I have the moral high ground!'
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, August 07 2006 @ 01:43 AM EDT

[Quote  by:  Kitsun3] Hm. 1st post even though I've been reading this Forum for like 4 months... :blush:

"You've taken your first step into a much larger world." Welcome to the forums as an active participant! Big Grin

[Quote  by:  Kitsun3]Anyway, the way I see it, after Rose turned the 9th down the 1st time and he left... he didn't come right back. That would explain why he seemed to see himself for the first time at Rose's place, but he was in all of Clive's pictures solo. I figure he went hopping around time a bit for fun, then decided he really did want that companion after all, and went back to try again with the whole "It travels in time" line. Smile

Hmm... I hadn't thought of that before. It's plausible, why not. Though it would mean that the Doctor got extremely lucky trying to get back to that exact moment in time in his TARDIS... unless all those adventures documented by Clive were actually the result of the Doctor trying to re-materialize in the same spot to give the "It travels in time" line to Rose... and instead he got sidetracked until he finally got it right?

It's fun to theorize and speculate.

Cheers,
    Louis

Monday, August 07 2006 @ 04:36 AM EDT
    Many More Errors, Mistakes For The New Series Can Be Found

HERE

"Now Brigadeer, have I ever led you astray?" "On many ocassions!" "Ah.. well... this will be the exception!"

Tuesday, August 08 2006 @ 09:16 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]So I feel it would have been a nice touch if somewhere within all the stuff that Clive had amassed and later on with L.I.N.D.A. that we saw perhaps one reference to an earlier incarnation of the Doctor in the collected material relating to this mysterious person known as "the Doctor" that they had been investigating.

I don't have a copy of Love and Monsters to hand, but I seem to remember one of the members of LINDA (one of the women, I think - although narrated by Elton) tlaking about different versions of the Doctor. Or maybe is was an extension of Clive's "It's a title handed down" theory.

I can't remember the details, but I am sure I remember a nod to the multiple Doctors situation. Of course, in S2, it's a lot easierr to do so. Between the 9/10 transtition and the "...oh, half a dozen times" line to Sarah-Jane, they've already reestablished that he's had multiple regenerations. So they can throw in references to multiple incarnations and even the relative newcomers will know exactly what is meant.

Tiggs Panther - Learning the hard way that a working chameleon circuit is not useful in a crowded parking lot.

Tuesday, August 08 2006 @ 10:09 AM EDT
    Just noting the Doctors age, he originally just says "900 years of travel" not "I'm 900", so he could have started his traveling (either when he first left Gallifrey or, more likely, when he was still at school) 900 years ago.
    Now how old was he at that time? If I remember right, when Romana joined up she was 130-ish and when she started traveling with the doctor she didn't have too many "TARDIS miles" under her belt.
    So if we use Romana as a "typical Time Lord" started to be part of a Tardis crew, we can figure 100ish years for when a student starts to travel in time, plus the established 900 years old=over 1000+ years old for the doctor's age. He won't say he's over 1000 because he doesn't look a day over 500 Laughing Out Loud
    (wow-I typed a lot more than I intended)

Tuesday, August 08 2006 @ 11:09 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]

[Quote  by:  Kitsun3] Hm. 1st post even though I've been reading this Forum for like 4 months... :blush:

"You've taken your first step into a much larger world." Welcome to the forums as an active participant! Big Grin

[Quote  by:  Kitsun3]Anyway, the way I see it, after Rose turned the 9th down the 1st time and he left... he didn't come right back. That would explain why he seemed to see himself for the first time at Rose's place, but he was in all of Clive's pictures solo. I figure he went hopping around time a bit for fun, then decided he really did want that companion after all, and went back to try again with the whole "It travels in time" line. Smile

Hmm... I hadn't thought of that before. It's plausible, why not. Though it would mean that the Doctor got extremely lucky trying to get back to that exact moment in time in his TARDIS... unless all those adventures documented by Clive were actually the result of the Doctor trying to re-materialize in the same spot to give the "It travels in time" line to Rose... and instead he got sidetracked until he finally got it right?

It's fun to theorize and speculate.

Cheers,
    Louis

But, the Doctor seems surprised to see Rose.
    "What are you doing here?"
    "I live here," she replies.

So maybe he didn't intend to return to/for Rose, that was just coincidence, since he was tracking plastic at the time. So, if you consider that, he could have been gone for years in Tardis-time from the time that Henriks blew until he met her at her door.

supremacy is relative
      Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, August 08 2006 @ 06:30 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  mad4plaid]

But, the Doctor seems surprised to see Rose.
    "What are you doing here?"
    "I live here," she replies.

So maybe he didn't intend to return to/for Rose, that was just coincidence, since he was tracking plastic at the time. So, if you consider that, he could have been gone for years in Tardis-time from the time that Henriks blew until he met her at her door.

I think Kitsun3 was speaking the of the small gap of time when Rose turned the Doctor down in joining him and then he (the TARDIS) rematerialized again and tempts her with time travel. For us and Rose, it was just moments later, but perhaps for the Doctor, he had several adventures in that time.

Most likely this is not intent at all... but it's fun and good to speculate.

Cheers,
    Louis

Sunday, August 13 2006 @ 05:01 PM EDT
    Another Thing.... In Boom Town the press camera taking a pic of Margeret (Slitheen), takes the pic before she sticks her hand up, in the paper, she has her hand up. Surprised!

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored