The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 304 - 'The Claws of Axos' is Reviewed
  • New Doctor Who Series Launch Confirmed for August and Teaser Promo Video
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Invasion of Time? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Davros' Angels
    Davros' Angels
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The Christopher Eccleston Era »  Continuity Questions
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Continuity Questions Views: 3363
     Monday, August 14 2006 @ 10:12 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Louis]
    I think Kitsun3 was speaking the of the small gap of time when Rose turned the Doctor down in joining him and then he (the TARDIS) rematerialized again and tempts her with time travel. For us and Rose, it was just moments later, but perhaps for the Doctor, he had several adventures in that time.

Most likely this is not intent at all... but it's fun and good to speculate.

Cheers,
    Louis

For those of you who have followed the BBC Books adventures, this very same thing happened with the Eighth Doctor. Soon after taking on Samantha Jones as a companion, he drops her off at some kind of protest rally and picks her up a few hours later, from her perspective. For him, however, he has been traveling in the neighborhood of a year.

Additionally, at one point the Eighth Doctor loses his memory and the TARDIS is nearly destroyed, and he spends almost the entire twentieth century stranded on earth. When his companion Fitz makes his rendezvous with him, however, it has only been a matter of hours or days for Fitz.

I really enjoy these types of stories, because it makes the most of both the Doctor's longevity and his ability to time travel. Of course, the length of a television program limits the ability to pull off "long term" stories. However, there is no reason to reject the idea that, on occasion, the Doctor has spent years, even decades, in one place and time if the situation required him to do so.

By the way, I think it would be fascinating if the Ninth Doctor went back to give Rose a second chance because the Tenth Doctor and Rose encounter him travelling alone during that interval. Anyone else dying to see the Doctor meet up with himself again (if the story is done right)? Maybe even with the Eighth Doctor? How is McGann holding up these days? Smile

Facebook me! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=583224917
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Monday, August 14 2006 @ 11:19 AM EDT
    So many people are against it, I'd love to see it, if the story were done right.

How about a multiple Doctor story where he is up against a new Master, who recruits one of his earlier selves to help him battle the two doctors? It could be called the Four Timelords.

Oh well, it's a thought.

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, October 31 2006 @ 03:39 PM EST
    [Quote  by:  jeffreysg] So many people are against it, I'd love to see it, if the story were done right.

How about a multiple Doctor story where he is up against a new Master, who recruits one of his earlier selves to help him battle the two doctors? It could be called the Four Timelords.

Oh well, it's a thought.
    There's only one way in which I'd like a multiple Doctor story. I wouldn't mind seeing Paul McGann in some kind of flashback to the Time War. Maybe. If done very, very right.

That said, the idea of multiple Time Lords has a certain appeal. The one Time Lord—and, yes, she is a Time Lord—I really want to see is Susan. I firmly believe she survives, somehow, some way. To me, the perfect 45th anniversary special, done as a Christmas special, would be a family reunion.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Susan has a valid, emotional place in RTD Who.

"I think of myself as ambitious in casting terms, and I know that Bonnie [Langford] has the potential to make the part totally unirritating . . ." — JNT, 1986
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored