The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 307 - 'Deep Breath' Reviewed
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: Deep Breath? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Into the Dalek' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 31st
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Live Show Reviewing 'Deep Breath' Scheduled for Sunday, Aug 24th
  • BBC One 'Deep Breath' Promotional Advertisement Video [VIDEO]
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 306 - Interviews with Ian Marter and Sarah Sutton
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 305 - Interviews with Peter Howell and Ron Katz
  • Five Years of The Cultdom Collective Podcast!
  • The Official BBC Teaser Promo Video for the New 2014 Series [VIDEO]
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Cybercontroller & Guards
    Cybercontroller & Guards
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  Harold saxon tapping
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    Harold saxon tapping Views: 18160
     Thursday, May 10 2007 @ 08:49 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  Liyster] When I saw the trailer I thought Saxon was tapping in Morse code (possibly as a way to communicate to the outside world in an emergency situation?).

I'm sure the Doctor can understand Morse. Can any of you guys and girls on the forum translate the tapping if it is in Morse code?

Cheers, Liyster.

If it is Morse then he is sending the letter H over and over.

....=H

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Thursday, May 10 2007 @ 09:19 AM EDT
    I could have sworn he was tapping S-O-S

*********************************************************** "Rubber Soles - Swear by them!"

Thursday, May 10 2007 @ 08:14 PM EDT
    Every time I see this I get fired up again! What the hell is going on? Mr. Green (As an aside, thanks to everyone in this thread - and indeed on the podcast - for being so spoiler conscious)

Profile    PM    Email   

Tuesday, May 15 2007 @ 05:25 PM EDT
    also from what i have heard is that "Mister Saxon" is an anagram for *"Master No. Six"*

*highlight to read

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 16 2007 @ 03:02 AM EDT
    Ooh Justice never even considered that, great work!

***highlight***
    It could be the sixth regeneration after Roger Delgado, Peter Pratt, Anthony Ainley, Gordon Tipple & Eric Roberts.

***/ highlight***

Yay, so happy!

Has there been any other regenerations on screen?

Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 16 2007 @ 04:13 AM EDT

Pleaze!

**Highlight
    1. Roger Delgado
    2. Peter Pratt
    3. Geoffrey Beevers
    4. Anthony Ainley
    5. Gordon Tipple
    6. Eric Roberts

**Highlight

Mister Harold Saxon - Soon we will know!

Wednesday, May 16 2007 @ 08:42 AM EDT
    Seeing the animations provided by Dave got me thinking.

Could the Master thing be a complete diversion? Is david Tennant leaving the series and John Simms is the Eleventh Doctor, with a surprise regeneration in this series? He has finished Life on Mars after all.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are Kings
      Profile    PM    Email   

Wednesday, May 16 2007 @ 09:00 AM EDT

Sigh, yes it is a possibility. There are too many directions that it could go, and the Master refrences seem to be half toung in cheek. There are some nice logical traps involved with all of this that we won't really know until ep. 11 at the very earliest.

Cheers,
    Mike M.

Wednesday, May 16 2007 @ 09:31 AM EDT
    [Quote  by:  merlin_mccarley]

Sigh, yes it is a possibility. There are too many directions that it could go, and the Master refrences seem to be half toung in cheek. There are some nice logical traps involved with all of this that we won't really know until ep. 11 at the very earliest.

Cheers,
    Mike M.

I don't know whether to use spoilers in this thread - or I suppose it's more speculation - but I'll use white text anyway:

I didn't think John Simm was going to replace the Tenth Doctor - but as the Master he might at the end of the series have taken over the Doctors body - leaving things as a cliffhanger.

Also spotted by someone - I think on Digital Spy - a possible clue was in the L Experiment when the Doctor is playing the organ. To get the highest volume to organ is set to 111 - but the Doctor says 'move up to number eleven =' (or similar) - ie. moving to Doctor number 11?

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali

Wednesday, May 16 2007 @ 12:47 PM EDT
    I had another idea on the anagram front that It could be <i>No Master Six</i> and RTD and co are just messing with our heads with anagrams etc.

I am hoping that it isn't the master as it might shatter all the canon we have up to the TVM in 1996. What with the whole being sucked into the Eye of Harmony thing.

Ace : "I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever."

Wednesday, May 16 2007 @ 05:55 PM EDT

Hey, if a two bit Gallifreyan like Omega can survive an untamed black hole, then the Master should have a piece of cake dealing with the Eye of Harmony... Smile

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Wednesday, May 16 2007 @ 11:57 PM EDT
    and saxon fits the masters M O. the master had a thing for disguises remember?

and what if a little peace of his essence surived? a little peace that was trapped in the eye of harmony but got out after galifrey was destroyed during the time war. so now hes not as strong and has to inhabit a new body like in the 1996 tv movie and like in the movie the new body can't take it so thats why he was wearing an oxygen mask.

and maybe the reason the doctor never found him before is because he doesn't have a tardis anymore. the doctor would have noticed him ealier if the master was zipping back and forth through time.

cheers,
    Justice

"Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."
      Profile    PM    Email   

Monday, May 21 2007 @ 07:51 PM EDT

Another anagram of Mister Harold Saxon, just to mess with your mind a bit more.

*Mrs Rani had loto sex*

Cheers,
    Mike M.

Tuesday, May 22 2007 @ 12:43 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  merlin_mccarley]
    Another anagram of Mister Harold Saxon, just to mess with your mind a bit more.

*Mrs Rani had loto sex*

Cheers,
    Mike M.

Quite beautiful Merlin...really I'm moved to tears by your romanticism.

As for Harold being "the one we all know people keep sayin he might be" I'm starting to get more and more sceptical about that, for the following reasons:
    1) The Doctor says he would 'Know' if there were any other time lords alive. Something pretty surprising would have to happen for him to not 'know'.

2) I think the Sun article and corresponding chatter is all a bit of a PR coup ( much like the Kylie nonsense that is currently doing the rounds) on the part of the BBC. Although Doctor Who is well speculated about but has not been in the British press as much this series apart from strategically placed articles about Mr Simm and Ms Minogue ( and the good old "DT to quit" stuff) which seem to occur (surprise surprise) during rating lulls.
    Not that I'm a Conspiracy Theorist...but, well I am.

3) I personally think Politicians are more scary than you-know-who anyway (and I don't mean Voldemort). And setting into kids and inherant distrust of the government at an early age can't do any harm. The press always say RTD has an agenda, how about the creation of his own army of RTD whorshipping, Athiestic Anarchist Doctor Who Loving children? (Any one played Who backwards recently - I could have swore I saw an anti-Blair subliminal message somewhere during that scene with the Racnoss. Note to self: must re-watch.)

All of the above is a rather facetious way of saying that I think a HUMAN monster may just be even scarier than a TIMELORD monster.

But now I've said that I take it back, mostly becaus Laughing Out Loud e I think Mr Simm would rock as... I'm going to white this out because I like the trend THE MASTER, yes oh yes oh yes, and don't you know it!

*********************************************************** "Rubber Soles - Swear by them!"

Tuesday, May 22 2007 @ 02:26 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  whodovoodoo]

Quite beautiful Merlin...really I'm moved to tears by your romanticism.

Rolling Eyes The point is that apart from the subtle (overt to clasic fans) push tward one conclusion, other more subtle things seem to have more weight. RTD is leading a merry chace and watching the sparks fly from those he calls "Moaning Nellies" I think he is enjoying the attention, and why not. Whatever the conclusion I am sure we will watch, and in the end show the apporpiate outrage at the twist that will cary on into the next series Wink .

Cheers,
    Mike M.

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored