The Gallifreyan Embassy
Home of the Doctor Who podcast DOCTOR WHO: PODSHOCK
Advertising | Donate | Feedback | New Website | Podshock | Shop | Forum | Media Gallery | Web Resources | Polls
 Gallifreyan Embassy 3.0  
  • How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 301 - 'The Mark of the Rani' is Reviewed
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Featured in Podcastrovalva
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 300 - The Passing of Kate O'Mara, Interviews with Mary Tamm and Janet Fielding
  • NASA New Spacesuit Z-2 Dominates
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 299 - 'The Web of Fear' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 298 - 'The Enemy of the World' Reviewed, News, and More
  • Emma Campbell-Jones joins the L.I. Who 2 line up "Best news all day"
  • Doctor Who: Podshock 297 - Classic Interview with Colin Baker, News, Feedback, and More
  • How do you rate the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who? (5=Fantastic)

•  Topics  
    Home
    Doctor Who News (188/0)
    DW: Podshock (201/0)
    DW Reviews (33/0)
    Torchwood (15/0)
    Sarah Jane Adven... (13/0)
    General News (29/0)
    Embassy News (19/0)
    Editorials (5/0)
    Alien Tech (2/0)

Extra! Extra!  

Become a Podshock Supporting Subscriber

Randomizer  
    Retanai2
    Retanai2
    Browse Album

User Functions  
    :

:

Lost your password?

Support Podshock  

This site and our podcast are free to use and listen to respectively. Though there are costs involved in maintaining and producing both. If you like, please make a donation to help offset these costs and to help ensure that we can continue to bring you both. Thank you so much.

You can make a one time donation of any amount you like using the above "Donate" button. If you rather make an annual recurring donation of $25 (that is less than 50 cents a week), use the "Subscribe" button below.

Save big on toys & collectibles at Entertainment Earth! CLICK HERE for Doctor Who, Star Wars, Buffy, Ozzy, Spider-Man, & more!

Events  
    There are no upcoming events

Audible UK  

Dr Who Audio Downloads from audible.co.uk

DWNY  
    DWNY

Ads by Google  

Older Stories  
    Wednesday 06-May
  • In Russell/Moffat We Trust Shirts and More (1)

• Tuesday 05-May
  • Join Us for Our Second Second Life Meet Up (3)

• Friday 01-May
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 147 (0)

• Wednesday 29-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 27th of April 2009 (0)

• Saturday 25-Apr
  • Who Party 14 Toronto Doctor Who Convention (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 146 (1)

• Thursday 23-Apr
  • Sonic Newsdriver and Hoo on Who for the Week of the 20 April 2009 (0)
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 145 (4)

• Wednesday 15-Apr
  • Three New Producers Announced (0)

• Saturday 11-Apr
  • Planet Of The Dead Canadian air date confirmed (0)

• Tuesday 07-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock Recognized as Best Podcast (1)
  • Sonic Newsdriver for the Week of the 5th of April 2009 (0)

• Wednesday 01-Apr
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 144 (5)

• Friday 20-Mar
  • Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 143 (3)
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to British Sci-Fi - Episode 3 (1)

•  Notice  

Doctor Who and the TARDIS are owned and trademarked by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The Gallifreyan Embassy and the Doctor Who: Podshock podcast are not connected to the BBC in any way. No infringement is intended.

Home »  The David Tennant Era »  S3-Ep 10 'Blink'
    Prev Topic Next Next Topic Printable Version
    S3-Ep 10 'Blink' Views: 8745
     Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 03:01 PM EDT
    Very quick post - so quick if you Blink you will miss it.

There will be Spoilers in this thread.

Excellent episode - just finished.

And the Doctor and Martha are in it more than with 'Love & Monsters'

Enjoy!!

Cheers, daveac

daveac on blip.tv, TalkShoe, iTunes, LiveVideo, uStream, GE, Sci-Fi, DWO, DS & WTA, Dave C on WLP, cooperda on AVF, dac100 on YouTube & PB, dac on Tiscali
      Profile    PM    Email    Website 

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 03:14 PM EDT

Martha was in Love and Monsters Eek! ?

I'm a Time Traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologist.

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 03:22 PM EDT
    I thought that was fantastic - my children were truly terrified. Excellent concept, I can't fault it. I just wish Love and Monsters had been half as good; but saying that, the children love that too!

P.S. It is of course possible that this message is a trap. If it is I can deal with it. P.P.S. I'm leaving this note in case I can't!

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 03:33 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  daveac] Very quick post - so quick if you Blink you will miss it.

There will be Spoilers in this thread.

Excellent episode - just finished.

And the Doctor and Martha are in it more than with 'Love & Monsters'

Enjoy!!

Cheers, daveac

Yeah Martha is in this one a lot more, seeing as she wasnt in Love & Monsters Mr. Green

Seriously though, this episode was fantastic. One of my favourites of the season.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 03:38 PM EDT
    I was glued to the screen, the use of the dvd easter eggs enabled the doctor to be present throughout the episode in such a clever way.

Looking forward to seeing Jack again next week

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 03:50 PM EDT
    As much as I enjoyed this episode I think I must have hyped myself up too much about it. I love Stephen Moffat's writing and have been a fan for many years, therefore I have looked forward to this episode since it was announced - you're anticipating that there's a 'but' coming aren't you, well there is - but, I wasn't as impressed as I was hoping to be. I might even push so far as to say dissapointed.

So much so that I am actually enjoying Confidential more than the episode itself this week (not normally the case).

Don't get me wrong, the writing was not a let down, not a bit, in fact if anyone should write a Doctor Lite episode then it should be Mr Moffat. And the acting was excellent.

So what was wrong about it?

If I was to put my finger on it I'd have to say I was looking forward to a damn good scare and I didn't get it. Moreover I was expecting something a bit more like 42, not in pace or story line, but in concept; a scooby squad trapped in a creepy house and unable to blink etc... frightening, sweaty stuff. Whereas I was expecting a more static story the actual episode had too many characters, moved around too much and was surprisingly convoluted. The final scare with Sparrow and Shaggy in the house was only momentary when I was expecting this tension to be prolonged from the onset of the episode.

You will have noted the word 'expected' turned up a lot in the paragraph. Expectations are interesting beast for a Who fan, and I think it's boiling down more often than not to misrepresentation in the trails.

*********************************************************** "Rubber Soles - Swear by them!"

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 03:52 PM EDT
    Posted twice - ignore this one

*********************************************************** "Rubber Soles - Swear by them!"

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 03:57 PM EDT
    How good was that?! Even with less Doctor and virtually no Martha it was such a good episode - I have to admit that my expectations were a bit lower for this week (Love and Monsters anyone?!), but was I proved wrong. Loved the Back to the Future reference with the letter from the past ... How many of us will be looking at statues in a whole new way from now on?! Just a couple of questions - how did the Doctor know to tell Sally to duck? Where did the angel get the Tardis key from? Why was Billy in a seemingly derelict hospital and where did his body go? Were all 17 DVDs capable of firing up the Tardis or did they just get lucky with the one they had? OK, that was more than a couple of questions - and I have more, but not now! Looking forward to Utopia and the return of a certain Captain - and then there will be a whole new set of questions!
    The Angels have the telephone box ... I think I want that T-shirt.

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 06:01 PM EDT
    Excellent episode and very well written.
    Im beginning to think that series 3 is the best since his return ?
    If you take out gridlog and the 2 dalek episodes we are cruising !!

esteban

Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 07:42 PM EDT
    [Quote  by:  whodovoodoo] I wasn't as impressed as I was hoping to be. I might even push so far as to say dissapointed.

I wouldnt go so far as to say I was disappointed (as aspects of it were brilliant), but taking the episode as a whole it did leave me wanting a little more.

The angels were really creepy; psycho hateful monsters dressed in stone; wicked. I loved the scene in the cellar when they were closing in, and the 1st up close and personal, gargoylesque pose - that got me! & just how tense was it when Sally was trying to unlock the door to the Tardis??

It was well written and the whole easter egg, past and present thing wove well throughout the episode. I loved the run-down house - a perfect setting for the aforementioned psycho angels to come out and play.....

Martha's brief appearances were well placed (and entertaining). I hope they don't axe her.

Nice dig at ITV too (no pun intended).

& yet for all the good things I've just said, I wanted a bit more (god I'm spoilt)..........

Nothing dies of old age on Skaro!
      Profile    PM    Email   

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 08:03 PM EDT
    I loved this episode. Wild horses couldn't drag me from the screen while it was on. It was terrifying, without them having to spend their budget on a scary-looking monster. And, finally, it had causal loop paradoxes. And I'm a sucker for causal loops.

tawm.net: read it. (please?)

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 08:48 PM EDT

Two words: Brilliant! uh, oh—Brilliant!

This is a great piece of work by Steven Moffat. Once again, we get something mundane used to creep out the kids. Plus, this story is intelligently written for the older ones watching. Nice use of non-linearity in the episode. I'm happy that we didn't get the dip in quality after this year's second two-parter that we got last series. I believe that the weakest stories were in the first half of the series, and we are in for some ride to the final episode.

Daleks don't accept apologies! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 09:31 PM EDT

A whole lot of blink bling. Big Grin

Looking forward to our discussion tomorrow night in our live show.

The worse part of the episode occurred during the end credits... Angry I want to see the end credits, not Graham Norton (or anyone else not directly connected with the series)! Oh well.

Cheers,
    Louis

☛ Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LouisTrapani ♥ ♥

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 10:10 PM EDT
    It was so good I couldn't even blink throughout the whole episode.

But there were holes. The main one being yeah, how did the Doctor know to tell Sally to duck? It made sense if he had some way of actually watching the future action and setting it up that way, but he couldn't.

Even when they were having the DVD "conversation", it would have made sense if the Doctor had some way of watching it and recording it, but since it was only the guy's short-hand script that allowed the Doctor to know what to say (though his timing would be off) it kind of proves he couldn't have known when Sally had to duck.

Except of course she might have told him at some point. But when? She didn't exactly get the chance to tell him when he was in London with the bow on his back. And she probably didn't write it in the package she gave him - that seemed only to have the photos of Cathy.

But the concept was awesome, and the execution excellent. My one or two nit-picks are very minor.

Damn near scared my daughter out of her pants. She's freaked out right now.

Sean.

One solid hope is worth a cartload of uncertainties.

Saturday, June 09 2007 @ 10:16 PM EDT
    I'm now officially scared of statues. While there were some plot holes, I really enjoyed this episode. I loved the idea of the Easter Egg messages. I'm going to check all of my DVDs in just a moment.

Going into this one I was feeling a bit nervous but I thought the story was creative and I didn't miss the Doctor too much even though this was the Doctor Lite episode.

And again, we had another example of the Doctor meeting someone whom he hasn't "met" yet due to the marvels of time travel.

Next week looks fun. I'm curious about why the Doctor seems a bit cold toward Captain Jack. Maybe he and Martha were disappointed by Torchwood series one!

Profile    PM    Email   

Topic Legend:
    Normal Topic Normal Topic
    Locked Topic Locked Topic
    Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
    New Post New Post
    Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
    Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
    Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
    You may not post messages
    Full HTML is allowed
    Words are censored